Luke 9:57-62 (NLT)
57 As they were walking along, someone said to Jesus, �I will follow you wherever you go.� 58 But Jesus replied, �Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head.� 59 He said to another person, �Come, follow me.� The man agreed, but he said, �Lord, first let me return home and bury my father.� 60 But Jesus told him, �Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God.� 61 Another said, �Yes, Lord, I will follow you, but first let me say good-bye to my family.� 62 But Jesus told him, �Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.�

In these verses we have the account of three different people making a hasty decision to follow Christ. One was so bold to say he would follow Christ wherever he went, but Christ knew his heart and said be ready to live a life of poverty. Another wanted to bury his father, but Jesus answered he should be concerned about preaching to the living. Another said let me first say goodbye to my family, but Jesus said one does not look back; similar to Lot�s wife who looked back at the life she was leaving in Sodom.

Zac Levi, star of the TV series Chuck, seems to offer striking insight into the simplicity that can come from living out faith with trust in God's sovereignty and love. He described it clearly in an interview with Relevant Magazine. "If you're someone who puts their faith in Jesus, then trust Him in being led," Levi said. "To me, it's not rocket science. Go about your day putting your faith in God and standing on truth. It's pretty easy: are you a jerk or not? Are you doing things to benefit you, or others? Are you available to be part of the solution and not the problem? Walk in love and that opens some doors of dialogue. How about just starting to talk and see where it goes? I don't think there's any clock on it-your life is God's, so let Him do as He wills with it." We are all witnesses trying to strike the balance between living in the world while not being of it. We are all accountable, and we all fall short. Whether we make music, paint, or help people invest money, we are called to witness and to obey God and His word. There are no easy answers to questions like this. We all have to think carefully about what our intentions are as we move forward with our lives. Keep watching the fruit-our own first. This will tell us if our tree is planted in the right garden. [source: http://www.newdmagazine.com/]