Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 119 of 199 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 198 199
S
OP Offline
S
You have to sort them all out first. It makes it easier.............OH GOOD GOD. Am I actually giving out puzzle lessons on my thread? What has happened to me? Okay, newbies, I am sorry. If you have made it this far, continue reading. I am sure there will some more interesting things to come. HAHAHAHAHA

So, I was thinking. I have sent a message through IMs that I need a signed ownership for the old car in the driveway so I can get rid of it. I sent the message last month. I am going to send one more message and if there is NO RESPONSE then I am going to get one of my tow truck friends to drive it to WF's house and drop it off in her driveway. Whatcha think?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Originally Posted by Scotland
So, I was thinking. I have sent a message through IMs that I need a signed ownership for the old car in the driveway so I can get rid of it. I sent the message last month. I am going to send one more message and if there is NO RESPONSE then I am going to get one of my tow truck friends to drive it to WF's house and drop it off in her driveway. Whatcha think?

Great idea! Except in your next message, give him a time deadline and state the consequences for not following through--- car dumped in her driveway. rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
I think that is a splendid idea
hurray

_
_
I love the idea too!! I would give him a short deadline and then call the tow.

As far as the puzzles....it's for the kids, yeah that's it, the kids...

-SOL
W
W
Awesome idea, Scotty - go for it on the car!!

S
S
Scotty,

I would look at the laws in your state regarding "abandoned vehicles". Then, send him a message that aligns with the law:

"I asked you back on -date- regarding moving the 19XX Ford XXXX in the driveway. This is a formal request to move the vehicle by -date-, because otherwise I will need to consider it abandoned as it has been left unattended on my property since approximately -date-. Our state laws do allow me to have it towed away, and I would hate for you to have to pay impound charges on it, but really I have no other choice if it isn't gone by -date-. Let me know when you will have it gone. thanks."

That way, he knows you have already looked up the rules on towing it, and he knows you are serious. Don't dump it on them, just let the tow truck driver impound it. Make them PAY for it. Cause trouble in affairland. Rock the boat, girl.

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
S
OP Offline
S
Okies, I will look into it. laugh

Just got home from the Mandarin and the mall. Kiddos had a BLAST. My fortune cookie said, "Happiness lies ahead." Yep, it sure does. laugh That IS a fortune I BELIEVE. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
kiss

I LOVE puzzles.......

Not

T
T
Hey Scottie,

I don't know how old the car is, and what its value is, but I have donated cars to charities in the past. They come and pick up the car, they take care of the paperwork, and I get the tax deduction.

I know there's some fun to be had by dumping it on WH, but just thought I'd throw it out there as another potential option...

TBC

W
W
WH is a tow truck driver. You can call a tow company, have them impound it and the WH will have to pay to get it back and produce proper ownership papers for it as well. It is a real pain in the rear and would serve WH right. Plus cost him money.

The other thing you can do, my son just got rid of a car that did not run. It had all the parts though so he called UPull It. It's a junkyard near here. They paid him for the car and came and got it too. You have to provide them with a title signed in order to do this, but nice way to make some extra cash and a title only takes one signature even if there are two owners.

Just some ideas for you.

S
OP Offline
S
To junk a car or donate it, you need a signed ownership. There isn't an ownership in the car so either Bampot took it with him at some point or he lost it. I can't get an ownership for the car to get rid of it and frankly, it is in my way. It is a '94 and it doesn't run. Bampot LOVED that car when we bought it. To me, it is just a PITA.

I am going to call the police station this week and ask what I can do. I doubt that Bampot would even care that it got impounded because he wouldn't want it anymore, so he wouldn't go through any trouble getting it back. THAT was the reason I thought about dropping it off in the driveway.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
H
I think you should give Bampot notice to move the car. Let him deal with the details. Maybe send him a text "need to move car by 7/17."

Will he wonder why Scotty is suddently cleaning house? Maybe she's throwing a big party and wants the eye sore gone. And will OW be so kind as to let him keep the car at her house? Probably not.

But if you deliver it to her house -- although they both deserve the big pile of s*%t -- YOU have given them more ammo to fuel their war against YOU.

Act like it's no big deal. Just state that the car needs to be moved. You have better things to do -- like start a new puzzle.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
R
R
First call police to inquire about what to do if you get no response from WH. Write name of person you spoke to there, time and date you inqured.

Then ask IM to tell WH that car must be moved from the family home by a certain date or it will be gone per whatever the police tell you you can do.

Then forget about it til that date comes and you either have it gone by WH or follow directions police give you.

You can't get more plan A in plan B than that. Honest. Clear. Respectful but firm.

S
OP Offline
S
GREAT idea Reading. I am going to do it this way.

HH that is why I asked. That was what I was thinking about. You see, Plan A and Plan B things are still a learning process for me. If I were in a Plan F/U, I would KNOW what to do.

Bampot and Wf were a little early dropping the kiddos off. Where was I? Just got home from work and was taking the stuff out of the car. Yep. I gotta be more careful. Next time it is even close, I leave the groceries out there. I was kept a little later at work. I was taking the kiddos to a party at a friend's house anyways so I just said, "Hi boys, you ready to go to the party?" Bampot looked at me a couple of times and I will say that I was SMOKING. I got 4 compliments today at work alone and I KNOW it is the best I have looked in YEARS. laugh WF never looked over at me. I looked in her direction a couple of times to check and there she was looking at the driver's side of the car. WHO CARES? Not, Mrs. Scotty.

I figured out what ring I am going to get for my ring finger. I am going to get a "family" ring that has just DSx2 stones in them with their names. I think that would be a PERFECT replacement for my wedding band.

At the party tonight, we played Rock Band. More Plan A moments for sure with the boys. Puzzles, Rock Band Beatles, Dinner at the Mandarin, and a movie on Tuesday. WOW. Plan Aing the boys is taxing. Can't wait until Thursday when I don't have to go anywhere, except the track to walk. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Originally Posted by Scotland
GREAT idea Reading. I am going to do it this way.

HH that is why I asked. That was what I was thinking about. You see, Plan A and Plan B things are still a learning process for me. If I were in a Plan F/U, I would KNOW what to do.

Bampot and Wf were a little early dropping the kiddos off. Where was I? Just got home from work and was taking the stuff out of the car. Yep. I gotta be more careful. Next time it is even close, I leave the groceries out there. I was kept a little later at work. I was taking the kiddos to a party at a friend's house anyways so I just said, "Hi boys, you ready to go to the party?" Bampot looked at me a couple of times and I will say that I was SMOKING. I got 4 compliments today at work alone and I KNOW it is the best I have looked in YEARS. laugh WF never looked over at me. I looked in her direction a couple of times to check and there she was looking at the driver's side of the car. WHO CARES? Not, Mrs. Scotty.

I figured out what ring I am going to get for my ring finger. I am going to get a "family" ring that has just DSx2 stones in them with their names. I think that would be a PERFECT replacement for my wedding band.

At the party tonight, we played Rock Band. More Plan A moments for sure with the boys. Puzzles, Rock Band Beatles, Dinner at the Mandarin, and a movie on Tuesday. WOW. Plan Aing the boys is taxing. Can't wait until Thursday when I don't have to go anywhere, except the track to walk. laugh

You Rock.

smile

B
B
I know they are pricey, @$100, but those walking "shaper" shoes from Reboc ,sp? are mah ve lous!

Remember the red rubber balls you used in gym in elementary school? Well, it feels like there are 2 flattened ones in each shoe, one under heel, one under toe area.

When you walk, you sink into the heel ball and have to push down on the front of your foot to roll your foot onto your toes. Causes an extra flex in the leg muscels -
When I first wore them, my legs were sore the first few days. - (but in a good way) If you are going to walk- I think this is an extra bonus without the gym!

Last edited by barbiecat; 07/11/10 06:11 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
M
M
Scotty, It sounds like you are doing well; how is the personal trainer working out. I hope that you are achieving all your goals. Keep up the excellent work.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Mymissy, I've been thinking about you lots.

The personal trainer is working out well, he is killing me, just like I pay for him to do. laugh

I ordered the new "Scotty Power Ring" today. It should arrive in 4-6 weeks. It is a family ring(well only the kiddos) with their birthstones and names. It is cute and I am happy about it. I will be even happier when I get it. laugh

Hmmmmm, what to do next? Still looking for a new job. Anyone got one they don't want anymore? Teeeheehehehehe.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
That is great Scotty, I am so glad you are getting stronger and stronger every day. Your personal recovery has been an inspiration to so many here. Enjoy that fabulous new ring and just keep visualizing the perfect job/career, then allow it to happen.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
OP Offline
S
Well, it has been a few days since I posted on my own thread. Nothing exciting going on, just as it should be. DSx2 and I are almost done our puzzle. I'd say it's 2/3 of the way done. We take time out to do other things too.

I called the police dept on Tuesday, and they told me I can't do anything legally. As long as Bampot's name is on the house, he has equal rights to it. He could even move in WITH OW and I couldn't do anything about it puke I still sent another message through IMs that I needed a signed ownership OR removal paid for by Bampot by August 1st. THAT got a response within 2 hours. He said the ownership is in the car. It is not. I sent a message back saying that the ownership is not there so he will have to get a replacement. We'll see where it goes from here.

I am not looking into this at all, I am just throwing it out there so lurkers may read something they are experiencing as well. Bampot continues to receive mail here. ALL of his mail. Bank stuff, insurance stuff, credit card stuff(he has paperless billing so I don't get those)and government stuff. I pretty much just throw it away. Except the insurance papers, I forwarded them to the IMs. That happens to them after that is up to them.

DS7 said something funny on our walk this evening. He said, "Mommy, I think Daddy misses our house." I said, "Oh really?" He said, "Yea, you know how we have one thing to turn on the water in the kitchen? Well, Daddy tried to turn the water on like that at OW's house. Isn't that funny?" I said, "Yep." When he talked to Bampot, he also said, "Daddy, do you remember when you used to sneeze or fart and blame me and brother(he really calls DS10 "brother")? Wasn't that funny? You should be home again." I didn't even prompt him or anything. He barely ever talks to Bampot on the phone. He keeps saying that he will tlak to Bampot on the phone when he comes home to live.

I guess I had more to say than I thought. No surprise to my IRL friends. HEHEHEHE

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 119 of 199 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation