Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
I have a friend who's WH left her in 2009. They've been married for 15 years and both have been in the ministry. Turns out... big surprise... he had an OW. He moved in with her. My friend was devastated. I desperately tried to get her to come to MB back then but she just didn't want to because she was embarrassed. I tried to fill her in on much MB as I could and told her to start exposing.

She did and her WH didn't care. My friend prayed consistently and fervantly and her WH finally moved into his own place and broke up with OW. My friend was encouraged and thought there might be hope as WH was coming around some.

Now she's found out that there is OW#2. This time it's different because this OW is HER old friend and someone who is supposed to be a great Christian. We figured this girl didn't know that WH wasn't really divorced. Another friend approached OW#2 and told her the scoop. This OW#2 denied and stated that she went to WH's attorney's office with him and the attorney assured her that they were divorced. OW#2 told the confronting friend that she would NEVER be with WH if she knew he really wasn't divorced.

Guess what dearie? He lied. I suspect the attorney told her that it was a "done deal" and she took that to mean that it was final.

It's not. My friend asked me to check the docket and sure enough it shows that their divorce is still pending. I printed off the docket sheet for her and my friend is about to call OW#2 and offer to show her the proof.

Please pray that this will be a huge blow to WH. Before he hoooked up with this girl, he actually told my DH that maybe he should reconcile with his wife. My DH tried to talk some sense into him and relayed the hell we went through with his affairs.

This man is a GIFTED musician and singer who has thrown it all away. It is so sad. I'm going to try and get my friend to come on here once she does this.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
pray

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
M
M
pray

S
S
I will say a prayer, PM.

ps ~ I am trying to get my older sister's friend on here as well. That makes three people in the last 12 months between my sister and some family friends... I hate adultery frown

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
A
A
I am praying for your friend and her husband , and that the Lord will remove the blinders from the OW's eyes & the truth be revealed.
Blessings,
AW

Me, BS Him, Alcoholic, FWH H did 180 in '01 Recovered, blessed marriage now Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things unseen. Hebrews 11:1
I
I
So sorry your friend is going through this. I guess you're about to find out just how "Christian" OW#2 actually is.... my money is on her not being Christian at all. Most OW's are lowlifes.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
H
H
Dear Lord,

Chase him,
Break him,
Redeem him,
Save him...

PM was it you who gave me this prayer?

I feel for your friend but I have faith in the power of prayer.
Keep us posted.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
N
N
Will do my friend......... pray

Not

_
_
Count me in too PM. I like that prayer Hope.

-SOL
P
OP Offline
P
Well it appears that the light is being shone very bright and OW is freaking out about all these people contacting her. She just doesn't understand what the big deal is because WH and the attorney TOLD her that WH is divorced. She made the mistake of attending a funeral of a mutual friend with WH at a church where they are both well known. People were aghast that she was with him. Now she is finding out the truth.

My friend is afraid to call the OW herself but had her friend call with the divorce info and where to find the records online if she doesn't believe anyone else. I encouraged my friend strongly today that SHE needs to call OW.

The truth is coming out and things aren't as rosy as WH thinks they'll be.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
R
R
I will pray for them as well

Chase him,
Break him,
Redeem him,
Save him...

love that prayer. think i will use and exchange him for her I do believe

WW - 33 years old
2 kids 7 and 9
Me 29
Wife Left June 19th 2010
D-Day June 23rd 2010
R Begins - 10/20/10
Praying Until It hurts
H
H
PM, any update on this.

If after having the truth shone to the OW#2 and she is still with the WH then I can only think she really was just playing dumb...because she is "dumb"

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
I
I
And if all else fails, open up a can of whoop-a$$ on him! The OW is clearly a wayward skank. If I had been told by my boyfriend that he was divorced, and then I found out he was still married, I would have high-tailed it out of there. She didn't.
Because she's a home-wrecking skank.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation