Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
OMG, I so wish I could sue WH for emotional distress....I attempted suicide and was put in the psych ward for 7 days, then outpatient for a month, then the psychiatrist and psycologist for life....I mean if that is not emotional distress I dont know what is...

Hey, I was only in for 5 days! I've got some catchin' up to do!

Just kidding, of course - and yes, I sure do agree with you that lawsuits for pain and suffering ought to be part of this.

Any spouse who is really and truly not happy in the marriage always has the option to simply leave and file. That's one thing - but they hardly ever do that.

It's not so much the leaving *in itself* that causes the damage. It's the fact that the WS tries to have both a marriage *and* a single life all at the same time. It's the lies, neglect and gaslighting that goes on while the WS decides to have cake and eat it, too. That is a dreadful way to treat another human being - just as part of a crowd to serve his/her needs - and *that* is where the damage comes in.

The BS should be able to sue the WS for Gross Marital Neglect, and sue the OP for Gross Marital Intrusion. Forget "alienation of affection" - everybody just laughs at that. But Neglect and Intrusion - well, the average person might actually understand that.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I'm totally with you Mulan. Nobody would treat a stranger like that but they have no problem doing so to their spouse. I still think waywardism is a yet-to-be recognized mental illness. If not, then the wayward IS committing premeditated Gross Marital Neglect.

To stray a little bit here, it occurred to me that another problem with marriage these days is that it has become so commercial, its meaning is becoming lost, much in the same way as Christmas has. Weddings represent an entire industry now and there's more pressure than ever on young brides to have the all-time spectacular event for their wedding. So rather than preparing for an entire life together, couples are distracted by choices of wines and flowers, dj vs. band and where to have their photographs taken. So much energy and effort goes into the wedding day and virtually no attention whatsoever to life afterwards. No wonder so many fail. I bet if you asked any of them (myself included) they would easily trade their wedding day event for better preparation for the actual marriage.

M
M
Oh, yes. There is a massive disconnect between Wedding and Marriage. As you said, the wedding industry is gigantic and there several cable TV shows on 24/7 about weddings.

But marriage is a joke. Nobody takes it seriously. Partners are as replaceable as old cars and infidelity is practically expected (the most common response to Tiger Woods' behaviour is, "so what? all men cheat.")

It would be laughable if it wasn't so destructive. Nobody is entitled to a spouse, but many act like they are - and entitled to torment them if they want. If you want to date around, then STAY SINGLE. Problem solved.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
P
P
OMG, I so wish I could sue WH for emotional distress....I attempted suicide and was put in the psych ward for 7 days, then outpatient for a month, then the psychiatrist and psycologist for life....I mean if that is not emotional distress I dont know what is...

BINGO! I had a recent attempt too. My psychologist said I was one of the worst cases of emotional abuse he has seen.

Me BH 35 WW 36
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
S
S
Originally Posted by PSUBIKER

BINGO! I had a recent attempt too. My psychologist said I was one of the worst cases of emotional abuse he has seen.

Yeah, so we should be able to sue there sorry butts!!!!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation