Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 45 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 44 45
CWMI #2459468 01/03/11 03:09 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
DUCT CLEANING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MARRIAGE IT IS HOME MAINTENANCE. FIND A HOME MAINTENANCE BOARD LIKE FLY LADY OR SOMETHING ELSE BUT IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS FURNACES GET THE EFF OFF MY THREAD I'M HURTING HERE AND YOU JACKHOLES ARE TALKING ABOUT CLEAN DUCTS.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2459469 01/03/11 03:12 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by CWMI
Are you seriously cluttering up my thread with duct cleaning questions, you overtanned bs'er???

nevermind

Last edited by MrWondering; 01/03/11 03:13 PM.
MrWondering #2459474 01/03/11 03:14 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Are you seriously cluttering up my thread with duct cleaning questions, you overtanned bs'er???

nevermind

I thought so.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2459476 01/03/11 03:16 PM
W
W
Okay, to get back on track. CWMI, you don't want your H to travel for work and your H refuses to get a job that doesn't require him to travel.

So, does anyone have any suggestions about where she ought to go from here?

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
MrWondering #2459478 01/03/11 03:18 PM
M
M
Thought I'd ask you guys..

How often do you have a company come out and vacuum out the duct work?

Is there a time of year that's better to have this done???

Mr. Wondering
What's duct work?
dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

CWMI #2459480 01/03/11 03:22 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
[

Okay, I'll leave that comment alone. I started cleaning more because my wife has a DS EN and I wanted to meet her needs.

Okay, counsel me this, swami...my H says that he cleans for ME. I've told him that his cleaning is a LB to me, it is an annoying habit and results in AOs from him where he berates not only me but the children for being, in his words, 'filthy'.

But he still insists he does it for me.

So I won't have to.

Ya know, do something I wouldn't have done to begin with.

Is that good, iyho?

Hey, CWMI, have you taken a look at the Harley plan for dividing up domestic support tasks? I think it might help out a lot here. (We're going through it ourselves, at the moment. smile )

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2459484 01/03/11 03:31 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by markos
[

Okay, I'll leave that comment alone. I started cleaning more because my wife has a DS EN and I wanted to meet her needs.

Okay, counsel me this, swami...my H says that he cleans for ME. I've told him that his cleaning is a LB to me, it is an annoying habit and results in AOs from him where he berates not only me but the children for being, in his words, 'filthy'.

But he still insists he does it for me.

So I won't have to.

Ya know, do something I wouldn't have done to begin with.

Is that good, iyho?

Hey, CWMI, have you taken a look at the Harley plan for dividing up domestic support tasks? I think it might help out a lot here. (We're going through it ourselves, at the moment. smile )

Hey, markos, we did! Through SH himself. He said for us to make lists detailing what was important to each us, and each of us do what was on our lists.

(Oscar Wilde)
writer1 #2459485 01/03/11 03:34 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by writer1
Okay, to get back on track. CWMI, you don't want your H to travel for work and your H refuses to get a job that doesn't require him to travel.

Plan D! Plan D! Pick me! smile

(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2459487 01/03/11 03:36 PM
K
K
I'm curious to see if your detaching plan will motivate him to quit traveling.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

maritalbliss #2459488 01/03/11 03:37 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Thought I'd ask you guys..

How often do you have a company come out and vacuum out the duct work?

Is there a time of year that's better to have this done???

Mr. Wondering
What's duct work?
dance2

Duct work is where they stuff people who are useless for any other purpose.

(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2459490 01/03/11 03:40 PM
W
W

Well, considering the fact that you have quite a few young children, I was thinking something a little less jarring. But it is your life.

writer1 #2459492 01/03/11 03:42 PM
H
H
Plan B would seem to be next. I never had the guts to go there. But that is what MB says to do when you no longer have the strength to continue Plan A. The idea is to preserve what little love you have left for your spouse. Sounds like CWMI has dangerously little left.

When you can see it coming, duck!
kilted_thrower #2459493 01/03/11 03:43 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'm curious to see if your detaching plan will motivate him to quit traveling.

It won't. Counseling hasn't worked, talking hasn't worked, coaching with SH hasn't worked, improved relations from the removal of it hasn't worked, threats of punishment haven't worked, nope, have no delusions that detachment will work.

Except for me.

(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2459495 01/03/11 03:46 PM
W
W
Hey, markos, we did! Through SH himself. He said for us to make lists detailing what was important to each us, and each of us do what was on our lists.

Okay, I've been wondering about this. What if you have a truly slothenly spouse who pretty much puts nothing on his/her list? Obviously, there are things that simply HAVE to be done. No one can live (healthily) without ever cleaning anything. So what do you do in this case? Does the spouse who actually cares about not living in a pigpen have to do absolutely EVERYTHING, simply because the person they're married to doesn't think any work around the house is important?

Please note, I'm not talking about my own M. But my mother is extremely lazy when it comes to housework and I grew up in a very filthy, unsanitary environment, so I know those people exist. I certainly don't think the answer to such a problem would be to make the spouse who does care about their living environment do everything while the other person contributes nothing at all. So what would be the solution when dealing with such a person?

writer1 #2459496 01/03/11 03:49 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Well, considering the fact that you have quite a few young children, I was thinking something a little less jarring. But it is your life.

Well, I'm trying the whole NGAF (Not giving a ...) but he's been blowing up my phone...I still don't GAF, but this would be a lot easier if he would leave me alone like he asked me to do for him. I could go for years without GAF, and just nod and smile and buy groceries and do my thing...problem is he wants me to GAF about him while tolerating him NGAF about me, and that will not happen.

(Oscar Wilde)
writer1 #2459499 01/03/11 03:53 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Okay, I've been wondering about this. What if you have a truly slothenly spouse who pretty much puts nothing on his/her list? Obviously, there are things that simply HAVE to be done. No one can live (healthily) without ever cleaning anything. So what do you do in this case? Does the spouse who actually cares about not living in a pigpen have to do absolutely EVERYTHING, simply because the person they're married to doesn't think any work around the house is important?

Please note, I'm not talking about my own M. But my mother is extremely lazy when it comes to housework and I grew up in a very filthy, unsanitary environment, so I know those people exist. I certainly don't think the answer to such a problem would be to make the spouse who does care about their living environment do everything while the other person contributes nothing at all. So what would be the solution when dealing with such a person?

OMG, I hope like hell you're not talking about how I must be. My H is OCD. There is a far, far, cry between OCD and filth. SH recognizes it, without ever stepping into your home.

(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2459504 01/03/11 03:59 PM
B
B
Sounds like you are giving him the "silent treatment">

This is a hostile game to punish a spouse and try and get your way. It is a power game.

Bubbles4U #2459507 01/03/11 04:10 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Really? It sounds like I'm not LBing him, not talking talking talking or getting in his space, like he asked me not to.

I'm not ignoring him, every time he has approached I've told him why I'm not interested. "You want breathing room, and I'm giving it to you. If you want me to be in love with you, stop traveling. Good night!"

(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2459518 01/03/11 04:22 PM
W
W

OMG, I hope like hell you're not talking about how I must be. My H is OCD. There is a far, far, cry between OCD and filth. SH recognizes it, without ever stepping into your home.

Absolutely not!

I had this question when you first mentioned Dr. Harley's advice about chores, and I've been wondering about it ever since.

I was in no insinuating that you didn't think that any housekeeping was necessary. Sorry for the confusion.

writer1 #2459522 01/03/11 04:35 PM
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Steve's advice about that was probably the only positive about our sessions. He does not [censored] about the house anymore. He does still square the chairs and sofas and tables as soon as he walks in the house, and I typically respond, "I tried. I know how you like it, and I really did try to make it so." And he gives me his BS about how difficult he knows he is, and he appreciates it, and I feel like carp.

And more and more, I understand...

(Oscar Wilde)
Page 24 of 45 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 975 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy, Ingrid Guerci, Wifey02
71,826 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation