Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 170 of 199 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 198 199
C
C
Happy Mothers day Scotty! hurray

S
OP Offline
S
Thank You CP

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMMIES OUT THERE.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Happy Mother's day, Scotty!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
E
E
Wishing you a beautiful day Scotty! Hugs!

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
O
O
Originally Posted by Scotland
Thank You Limb. And seriously, "Bee's Knees"? You aren't that much older than me big bro. grin
I'm older than both of you and I think you're both the bees knees. smile

Just checking in Scotty, reading the last few posts. You continue to guide new folks. You continue to be an inspiration for doing what is right.

opt

S
OP Offline
S
I didn't get the manager job. Found out today. I didn't even have a second interview, and that bothered me more.

If the person whom I think will get it, actually does, it should be interesting.

When the personnel manager told me, I said, "Well, I guess I am going to have to find a new job." She then tried to tell me about the other opportunities that I could have with the company. My response, No thanks. This was my chance with the company and I didn't get it, nor do I really want it anymore. I only thought about how much easier my life would be with the extra money and me getting a car. frown It's okay though. I actually didn't want to become a lifer anyways. There are other plans for me and my career. I keep asking for a job that would be fulfilling and allow me more time with my kids. This job wasn't it.

I will be on the lookout for the opportunities that are ahead of me so I don't miss something. Here I go. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
God always knows better than us, Scotty. The right door will open. (((Scotty)))

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
P
P
Onward & upward !

S
S
Originally Posted by faithful follower
God always knows better than us, Scotty. The right door will open.

So true. {{{Scotty}}}

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
P
"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers"
- Garth Brooks

V
V
Originally Posted by faithful follower
God always knows better than us, Scotty. The right door will open. (((Scotty)))

Absolutely. hug

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
C
C
Great Song Pep.

Hey Scotty sorry for them they picked the wrong person for the job.

As far as management goes, many times you are crossing a line in professional attitudes, and personalities. If you allready see that things are not up to par with your standards, and I am assuming the person they hired will not be helping to fix that either, then you probably need to find somewhere that fits you better.

Sometimes they want you to just fit into what is allready established, and are afraid of people with new ideas. The big,"Change comes slowly", thing. Someone who gets along with everybody and wishes to make changes can be a great friend to their fellow co-workers, and understand issues, but upper management is intimidated by that. Trying to keep everthing calm and on an even keel.

From what I know about you, you allready see that, and understand it also. Maybe its not that way at yur job, but at any rate, you should look into what kind of organization, or maybe even a career, that carries your same core values such as a mission statement. Maybe a similar position in the same industry with better management opportunities.

The skys the limit Scotty, I would hire you in a heartbeat.

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you all for the responses, I hadn't seen them before now.

So, DS8 told me yesterday that he saw Bampot and OW kiss. YUCK. I asked him what he did or said, and he said, "Nothing." Oh, how I wish I hadn't learned about that. Apparently, it was the second time they had witnessed them kiss. DOUBLE YUCK. puke

Last night, we were talking, and I said, "One day, after I am divorced, I may date someone again. How would you guys feel?" DS10 said, "Make sure that guy is nicer than Daddy." DS8 said, "Yea." Oh that was heartbreaking. But, they actually mean it.

I think that if Bampot wanted to come home, he would have a harder time convincing DSx2 to let him back. That is one of the saddest statements I have ever written. That was never something I wanted for my children. I feel like I was fooled for a long time. How could it be that my children see someone different than what I see?

I think that the main reason is because Bampot, as far as I can tell, started the A when DS10 was about 7 and DS8 was about 4 or 5. Bampot would go through great lengths to keep OW out of our life. At that, he had to keep the children out of the room when he would communicate. He also became very impatient and uncaring towards DSx2. He was MISERABLE, but only when I wasn't home. And I didn't really know about it all, until now.

I am even more grateful for MB since I have found this out. I saved my poor DSx2 more anguish by going into Plan B.

Now, about finding a new job/career. See, the worst part about my job is that I have to lie. They call it creative truth telling, but it is lying. I HATE lying. I work at a customer service desk for a major retailer. We need to worry about how we say things so we don't get the company into trouble. I don't need to lie often, but it is often enough to be of a bother. Am I just naive, or are there actually jobs where you don't need to lie?

I don't think retail of for me. I still need to find what IS a good choice for me. I'll figure it out. Just hope it's sooner rather than later.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Originally Posted by Scotland
How could it be that my children see someone different than what I see?

Because they are not you.
Because they are their own persons.
Because they view life & situations without your lenses.
Because children prefer to navigate via simple straight lines and not twisted attempts at logic.
kiss

E
E
Keep an even darker plan B. It's good they tell you things like the kissing thing. But do know that when you find out things like this, it gives a huge withdrawal to the dwindling love bank left.

I remember when I saw my xwh with the then pregnant ow kiss her on the cheek it withdrew almost all of anything left and the d documents went out the door shortly from my attny.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
E
But..then again it is necessary for the kids to be able to, with THEIR RATIONAL PARENT, discuss things that hurt and bother them too.

Personally, maybe its' time for you to consider keeping the kids from seeing this. Like no custody for Bampot right now.

I mean, showing displays of affection like that when one party is married is DAMAGING to children.

Personally, if it were me, this would be something I'd not let my kids do anymore. If it is causing emotinal pain to them, I'd call an attny or the courts to see what to do in this case to help the kids. Clearly bampot isn't into being the super-parent. Just wants to give the illusion he is even trying probably.

Hugs Scotty. Btw, they picked the wrong person! YOU however, will find the right job at a place that will bring out the best in you, and a place where your inner truth can shine!

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Because children prefer to navigate via simple straight lines and not twisted attempts at logic.

Ah the wisdom and of simplicity of being a child...

Hey Pep I noticed the Dogs aren't peeing in you sigline anymore... smirk

C
C
I agree with Peachy, and you are a very deep and contientiuos person Scotty. You should be doing what you beleive in and not in sales.

Hmm I wonder do astronauts have to lie? You have a bend towards the sciences right? How about something technical like a lab rat? I used to write SOPs for a company so they could get low paid employees, but if you got into something like that you can work your way up.

My son is in sales and a manager at an AT&T store selling phones, and I don't know how he does it. Selling someone something they probably don't need. I could never do it with a clear conscience. Its pretty stressful.

Find that dream career and go for it, you qualify for that kind of thing, you have your feet on the ground. wink

she is in Canada. She will have a very difficult time keeping the children from Bampot. It is best that she is able to work with the boys to navigate through this painful process together. As they age they can make the choice to not see their father.

Scotty,

we often don't see our spouses in the clear light of day. It is ok that your children can see truth easier. How else do we love an imperfect human being? It makes me sad that they had to watch their father push them away so he could have his fix. Ask the child of a drug addict how much attention they got from the addicted parent.

You continue to look forward and provide them with the security they need. Teach them how to treat a wife since he is not capable at this time at doing this. Surround them with healthy marriage examples.

(((Scotty/DSx2)))

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Oh and I don't have to lie in my job. I would be uncomfortable too.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Page 170 of 199 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation