Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2511561 05/21/11 09:58 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Gee willikers. I just looked at My thread link at the bottom of the page and realized I'd not given a true update since '09 or so.

Many of you know that I got my husband fired for telling him to do the right thing a year and a half ago. Yeah. It was me. I told him it was his decision, but the morally right thing to do will always the the CORRECT thing to do. It had to do with him pointing out the the higher up authorities in his Police Department some corruption he witnessed on a consistant basis. Higher ups were just as corrupt...hence the ax.

2 months after that, I was laid off. It was a scary few months, but I'm happy to say I got a job that pays 3 times as much as the old one and he's been back in law enforcement for a year.

His new job involvels a lot of driving, so he's still looking for something closer to our city.

VD only picks up the children about every month/month and a half or so. She says she's engaged, but is going to wait 5 years - dunno why the wait, but whatever. We think she's been telling OCDD8 that OCDD can come live with her then...over my dead body, btw. OCDD tells us that mommy has a lot of boyfriends and she doesn't like it. OCDS7 usually refuses to visit VD...and VD doesn't say boo about it. I think she doesn't like the work and that's why. New boyfriend has 3 of his own...and one is little bitty. I think there's more than a little jealosy becaue of it...poor kids...all of 'em.

The kids still call me mommy...despite VDs efforts on the weekends she deigns to pick them up. Both are excelling in school. COMDS11 (the one that has had ongoing issues behaviorally since his little world was turned upside down those many years ago) is better every year. He made honor band this year. COMDD14 has once tried to use what daddy did as an excuse to act out. I don't think she's going to do that again. Bad behavior in the past never excuses bad behavior now. Since that little two week stint of acting out (around 6 months ago), she's turned back into my pleasant and joyful kid. She is so good natured that it's scary...silly to the core, but good natured.

OTS - was anyone else silly at that age? I try tp remember and don't think I was nearly that goobery. Ungh. Her friends are silly too. I don't know whether to lmao at them or be disgusted half the time.

WTHeck is up with this box??? I type, but cannot see because it's zapping back and forth with every keystroke! Weirdville.

Without the spermanator's news this past week, I think I am mostly okay. Very changed from the person I was 9 years ago....but content still with my decision to stay. I can't even begin to imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't....prolly a lot less busy...

Oh...this is for Neak and T&L...after Dr. Oz touted the positive effects fo a no meat diet on his show, my Wookie has decided that we should try it. Nevermind that I've been telling him for years. But FTR: we've had zero meat in the house for going on 3 weeks now. I don't miss it a bit. DS11 was going to mutiny, but the Boca burgers turned him around.

Love you all MB, more than I love my sl!t red luggage, love you!
Or as DS7 says, I love you bigger than the whole galax-city.
Guess I better copy/paste this on the bottom of my story now.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
WTHeck is up with this box??? I type, but cannot see because it's zapping back and forth with every keystroke! Weirdville.

Hi Kimmie!! So nice to see your smiling face!!

Here is the fix for the jumpy box:

[Linked Image from west-wind.com]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit -- she lives and breathes!!! stickout

Kimmie, it is just wonderful to "see" you again -- I've thought about and wondered about you many times in your absence -- It was my prayer that your silence equaled overflowing happiness and joy! Sorry to hear about the rough spots, but glad to hear that the Wookie chose to do the right thing -- I really do firmly believe that people never regret doing the right thing -- even when it's the hardest thing.

Glad to hear that things are smoothing out again -- If ever there was anyone who deserved smooth waters for an extended period of time, it'd be you!

Please don't be such a stranger around here -- You are loved muchly! hug

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

A
A
So glad it worked out all ok Kimmy. It is so good to lnow things are all ok for you all. Still .... pity VD didn't fall madly in love with someone from remote site in Alaska and go off with him forever and get snowed in for 8 months or so at a time. oh well whistle

your bro is away again as is DD's hubby .... somewhere ...

I hav no excuse for not emailing except doing mummy duties and work and mummy worries (who knows what DD will do next ... drinking vodka and red bull on stage ... smoking ... muso parties all night rant2 ), my Mum getting sick and having a leg amputated...... well this mum is a bit worn out sigh
yep usual mum stuff right ? grin

Mikey is doing well growing like a weed in spring and is SO good it frightens me faint stickout

Glad that job has worked out so well and that hubby is doing ok. He is FAR better off away from that crew of crap Kimmy for so many reasons, you know that. Dont be too hard on yourself on that score. HUGS hug

yep the girls are silly at that age, <---- look DD has got me using commas again lol, so don't worry it wears out by 16 or 17 when blokes are looked at more seriously .... then you REALLY have to worry rotflmao get disgusted as much and often as you like.. it amuses them greatly ... because in the end silly is better than some alternative behaviours to my way of thinking crazy smirk

nice to be normal again isn't it lol

love to all the wonderful Kimmy gang

AW

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

P
P
Thanks for taking the time to update.
I just cannot believe the ages of your kids !
WHERE did the time go?
Jeepers!

D
OP Offline
D
>WHERE did the time go?

Well, according to the adage...Time marches on...'tis a wise woman who realizes it marches on her face.

Pep doesn't have to worry about that tho. She's discovered the fountain of youth and gets prettier every year (I think the sparkly tiara helps, too).

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
N
Boca Burgers are good, but I like Grillers and Chik Patties even better.

Now here's me doing the happy dance for Kimmy and all her growing crew.
dance2dance2dance2

I would be much more shocked at the ages of your kids iffen I wasn't already so shocked by my own. Two out of three have feet bigger than mine, and both of the older two are just about to outgrow me. :p

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
People who eliminate meat from their diets, and expect to find exact vegetarian replicas, will be disappointed. If you just want to replace it with stuff that will taste good...no es una problema. Mwaaah!

tl

D
OP Offline
D
I love the Grillers! LOVE THEM.

T&L - I've found that Mexican recipes CAN be meatless and excellent at the same time.

Now I'm hungry. Great.

Thanks a lot.

My Story

Recovered!
N
N
Now I'm hungry, too. Thanks a lot back. :p

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
H
delean, thanks for stopping by.
Yours was one of the first stories I read on Mb.

Glad everyone is doing well after all the upheaval.

I am now D, never my choice. I am still waiting for the karma bus to make an appearance one day. I live my life day by day and find happiness in all the small things in life.

Blessings

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
D
OP Offline
D
I check on you and Scottie every few weeks, Hopie.

Even if I don't post, I'm here, cheering you on.

My Story

Recovered!
H
H
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
I check on you and Scottie every few weeks, Hopie.

Even if I don't post, I'm here, cheering you on.

aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww crybaby little tears fall.

Also another good meatless food is Polenta. Love it. Cook it with onions and garlic and add peppers and it is really tasty.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation