Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
M
M
I'm in a low, crappy place and it's bleeding into my dreams... bad bad juju.
I hate to hear this, HHH. It sounds like your energy is running pretty low right now. Can you pick a fun, easy activity that might help?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I'm in a low, crappy place and it's bleeding into my dreams... bad bad juju.
I hate to hear this, HHH. It sounds like your energy is running pretty low right now. Can you pick a fun, easy activity that might help?

Working on that for Saturday and Sunday. "Date night" has been missing for a while, so need to get back at it.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
P
P
Just chatting .....
I love Disneyland.
I went to Disneyland for the first time a few months after opening day 1955.
I was 6 years old.
Families wore their "Sunday best" when they went to Disneyland.
There were no huge crowds.
There were ticket books to go on rides.
The famous "E Ticket" was to get on the best rides.
I still have a half used ticket book .... somewhere.

Yes, I be old as dirt.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
I wanted to live at Disneyland.
I was convinced the employees lived upstairs in the buildings on Main Street.

Your children will cherish those D-Land memories.
I know I do.

PS:
We would have gone to D-Land on opening day (July 18), except my brother had the audacity to be born July 13.

Last edited by Pepperband; 05/26/11 01:00 PM.
M
M
You mean they don't??

dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
H
smile Me too HHH.

Divorced 11/5/2013
FXWW EA 2005/2008/2010
S
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Just chatting .....
I love Disneyland.

Me too Pep!!! We went to WDW last October and it was just incredible. I was not expecting to be just as excited as the kids by some of the newer rides like Soarin' and Toy Story, etc.

Anyway, HHH, sorry to hear it wasn't that great of an experience for you... Great suggestion by mb. Fun UA time always helps me through the rough patches. hang in there smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
W
W
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Originally Posted by wulffpack_girl
PS - HHH, you'll figure out how to let that pain out...maybe "letting it out" is not precisely what you need to do...maybe more of a "setting aside"...dunno if that makes sense. But I have faith in you and your M, you have shown yourself to be good at this recovery thing, you know!!!

No, letting it out is it. Setting it aside I have mastered to a fault.

Perhaps I'm stuck on the fact that I'm not a master at "letting it out" myself, so it carries some negative connotations for me - I'm certainly better at avoiding AO's w/H these days, but considering that I see him, oh, maybe 4 hours or so a week I don't have time to LB him! And when H would "let it out" with me, well, sometimes I'd get heartfelt letters that, while difficult to read, helped me to better understand his pain (I like Pep's letter idea)...other times I'd get those angry texts or emails that kinda remind me of where MikeSmile over on SAA is at with his WW. I don't blame H for his meltdowns, and they were infrequent, but they still terrified me. It was like I never really knew what H I was going to get at the other end of that text or email, or at the end of the day coming home. Still don't, really.

I was always a pro at putting things in "boxes." Maybe it is an ability to compartmentalize? Whatever it was, I tended to put things away and attempt to banish them to the dusty back corners of my mind. Problem was they would pop up again and again. For example, when H and I struggled to get pregnant with DD#1, I mourned the abortion I'd had 7 years earlier. I'd never mourned for the baby and I had dreams constantly while we tried to conceive about a child (always a little boy) trying to come in the house and I was pushing him out, holding the door closed. I felt like my inability to get pregnant was God's punishment. I don't think I ever opened up to H about it then, either. Eventually we got pregnant and I put all that back in the box again.

Anyway, that was a path around my elbow....but I'm in a different spot than you are, HHH, and you have someone you can let things out to, and from all you have posted about your FWW she is more than willing to crawl into the fire and hold on to you tight.

And do please go get some UA time with your W!!! smile Disney's a blast, but ITA, NO UA time (H and I had to sneak a little UA time in the bathroom shocked )!!!

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Just chatting .....
I love Disneyland.
I went to Disneyland for the first time a few months after opening day 1955.
I was 6 years old.
Families wore their "Sunday best" when they went to Disneyland.
There were no huge crowds.
There were ticket books to go on rides.
The famous "E Ticket" was to get on the best rides.
I still have a half used ticket book .... somewhere.

Yes, I be old as dirt.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
I wanted to live at Disneyland.

Your children will cherish those D-Land memories.
I know I do.

PS:
We would have gone to D-Land on opening day (July 18), except my brother had the audacity to be born July 13.

This was my 3rd trip! >.<

It seems like, even besides the growth going on, each time we discover something new.

I went when I was 12, then we went 6 years ago. We want to do Disneyworld in another year or two.

I've got a cute little picture; DD13 tripped and fell on Tom Sawywer's island and got some road rash. I have pictures of her with the Disney RN's.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

H
OP Offline
H
Anyway, that was a path around my elbow....but I'm in a different spot than you are, HHH, and you have someone you can let things out to, and from all you have posted about your FWW she is more than willing to crawl into the fire and hold on to you tight.

I worry about the day that I just want to burn alone...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway... we were loading up an MP3 CD for FWW last night, listening as we went along, singing along to some songs, singing to each other.

If it isn't obvious, music is HUGE to me, as it is to her.

But... we came across this one and it just KILLED me, and it was all I could do to not implode into the fetal position;

They drank their anniversary glass
A silent moment passed
Then they kissed
She knows there's something on his mind
He'll tell her in due time
What it is

He says "I've never built
Your mansion on a hill
Or warmed you in the Spanish sun
I simply blink my eye
And think as years fly by
Of all the things we've never done"

She smiles and takes his hand in hers
And says "It just occured
To me now
The thought that brings you such regret
What hasn't happened yet
It makes me proud..."

"You never walked away
When I needed you to stay
Or made me feel I'm not the one
There've been no broken vows
And there reason we're here now
Is all the things we've never done"

"We've never grown apart
You never broke my heart
With secrets that you've kept me from
We've never been untrue
And I'm still here with you
Through all the things we've never done"

L
L
Beautiful, painful song....That brought tears.

Music is also very important to my FWH. He loads up the MP3 player so we can listen to them in the car whilst taking a drive. Sometimes one of those songs is a deep trigger for me, and I have to immediately turn it off. One of those songs is "We have Tonight." It immediately reminded of the affair and I asked him to remove the song first chance, which he did as soon as we got home. Others, too. Ugh. Sometimes I like to stick with just instrumentals. Safer....

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by 51CD30
Beautiful, painful song....That brought tears.

Music is also very important to my FWH. He loads up the MP3 player so we can listen to them in the car whilst taking a drive. Sometimes one of those songs is a deep trigger for me, and I have to immediately turn it off. One of those songs is "We have Tonight." It immediately reminded of the affair and I asked him to remove the song first chance, which he did as soon as we got home. Others, too. Ugh. Sometimes I like to stick with just instrumentals. Safer....

I have pretty much an entire artist ban. I don't want to hear any Akon or T-Pain (to a large degree). Just the STYLE of music reminds me that sniveling, chicken$#!+, POSOM is still allowed to consume oxygen.

Why? Because I investigated what his ringtone was.

T
T
Yeah sometimes there is so much stuff that I wish I could unknow:
I can't listen to Prodigy cos he took her to a concert and WW3 followed.
Chemical Brothers and for a long while Faithless were off the menu, but I had to get over that one cos Faithless are brilliant but I know there are several tracks I have to skip over.

Why did you investigate the ringtone!! Lol the things we need to know!

I am currently re claiming music, making our own memories but just sometimes one comes on with the sort of words that are a real sucker punch, so breathe in and out, it's just a song!!

Me 50
WH 52
WH in A 6 yrs in total, last 5 yrs JGF (Not!)
DD final 1.12.10
NC letter sent 3.12.10

Working at being the best I can be, the rest is up to you.

He is still a plonker, but he is my plonker!
T
T
WW3 meant world war three not wandering wife 3!!

Me 50
WH 52
WH in A 6 yrs in total, last 5 yrs JGF (Not!)
DD final 1.12.10
NC letter sent 3.12.10

Working at being the best I can be, the rest is up to you.

He is still a plonker, but he is my plonker!
H
OP Offline
H
Bah.

In an absolutely fecal mood today. Just an overwhelming physical depression.

You're My World
The Shelter From The Rain
You're The Pills
That Take Away My Pain
You're The Light
That Helps Me Find My Way
You're The Words
When I Have Nothing To Say

And In This World
Where Nothing Else Is True
Here I am
Still Tangled Up In You
I'm Still Tangled Up In You
Still Tangled Up In You

You're The Fire
That Warms Me When I'm Cold
You're The Hand
I Have To Hold As I Grow Old
You're The Shore
When I am Lost At Sea
You're The Only Thing
That I Like About Me

And In This World
Here I am
Still Tangled Up In You

How Long Has It Been
Since This Storyline Began
And I Hope It Never Ends
And Goes Like This Forever

In This World
Here I am
Still Tangled Up In You
Tangled Up In You
Still Tangled Up In You

N
N
Sorry to hear about the fecal matter.

Anything in particular or just one of those days?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

H
OP Offline
H
One of those days, I think.

I've dealt with transient episodes of depression my entire life.

W
W
I'm sorry to hear you are having a crappy day, HHH. Is there anything your W can do to help? I can't speak for her, but as for me, know I'd love the chance to try and help my H if he told me that he was having a rough day. And I am pretty confident she is the type of woman who will stand in the flames she created with you. smile

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
H
OP Offline
H
I took a step... be it a tad dodgy.

Out shopping, I sighed loudly, she asked if I was tired, I said I was massively depressed.

Step 1.

V
V
I'm sorry to hear you are having a crappy day, HHH. Is there anything your W can do to help? I can't speak for her, but as for me, know I'd love the chance to try and help my H if he told me that he was having a rough day.

x2

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
H
OP Offline
H
I'm curious as to if I triggered it myself studying this morning... Dunno.

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation