Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
H
OP Offline
H
Alrighty,

So, beginning of this month, switched from swing meds to noc charge.

OMG, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well, with NGB's new store and department, she works 11-7 (or something in that range). I was scheduled to get off at 10:30pm, but that didn't happen very frequently, as a fair amount of the time I'd be over to complete charting. So, I'd get off between 11:00pm and 1:00am, and she be asleep by the time I'd get home. An hour or two to wind down, then off to bed. She would be off for work before I woke up.

With the NOC, I'm at work while she's asleep, but we hang out all morning before she goes to work, then I (usually) go to bed, and wake back up when she gets home.

There is a bit of a logistic problem; we don't get to sleep together (sleep, not SF - ya pervs!).

However, the person I switched spots with is a flake, and this is a 2 month trial. If she flakes out, I go back to evenings.

It does work better for my BSN bridge, as I can do my online work during the mountain of downtime at work.

In other news; got NGB a new ride. I had a hard time with her driving a bucket, and she doesn't like driving the ROAT. So, we got her a car that met most of her criteria, and with some financial magic it barely increased our monthly bills.

So, work is good. We get more time together (will be increased UA once the kids start school), and I also have time to argue behavioral genetics with my nephew and be chided by my aunts for my (lack of) theistic beliefs.

Fun times, folks. Fun times.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
OP Offline
H
Ooops - NGB also got a $3/hour raise with her switch.

And I have a lot less anxiety with her being out of her former store.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

S
S
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Alrighty,

So, beginning of this month, switched from swing meds to noc charge.

OMG, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well, with NGB's new store and department, she works 11-7 (or something in that range). I was scheduled to get off at 10:30pm, but that didn't happen very frequently, as a fair amount of the time I'd be over to complete charting. So, I'd get off between 11:00pm and 1:00am, and she be asleep by the time I'd get home. An hour or two to wind down, then off to bed. She would be off for work before I woke up.

With the NOC, I'm at work while she's asleep, but we hang out all morning before she goes to work, then I (usually) go to bed, and wake back up when she gets home.

There is a bit of a logistic problem; we don't get to sleep together (sleep, not SF - ya pervs!).

However, the person I switched spots with is a flake, and this is a 2 month trial. If she flakes out, I go back to evenings.

It does work better for my BSN bridge, as I can do my online work during the mountain of downtime at work.

In other news; got NGB a new ride. I had a hard time with her driving a bucket, and she doesn't like driving the ROAT. So, we got her a car that met most of her criteria, and with some financial magic it barely increased our monthly bills.

So, work is good. We get more time together (will be increased UA once the kids start school), and I also have time to argue behavioral genetics with my nephew and be chided by my aunts for my (lack of) theistic beliefs.

Fun times, folks. Fun times.

It's great to see real MB magic being worked! I just read your last post too - about the family vacation. It's funny that I just read that because yesterday I just saw pics of my brother/SIL and kids on vacay with SIL's sister and her kids - and was jealous!!! lol

I hope you get to stick to your new schedule and the chick doesn't flake.

I will say - I HATE sleeping without my H. I can't even get to sleep anymore if he doesn't come to bed with me. (And yes, even when it's "just" sleep - lol) SO, I feel for you guys in that regard. Maybe you can mist your pillows with your favorite fragrances of each other for the other one to sleep with. smile

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

S
S
Ooops - NGB also got a $3/hour raise with her switch.

And I have a lot less anxiety with her being out of her former store.

Both very positive! hurray

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

H
OP Offline
H
A quick glimpse into our weekend;

[video:youtube]
[/video]

E
E
AWesome! I love rollercoasters, kiss....not so much smile

H
OP Offline
H
NGB gets real scared. Though, while we were in line for the top one, I let her feel my pulse to let her know that I was scared, too.

It's afterwards that we differ. She's still shaken, and I'm calm. The anticipation always scares me more than the ride.

S
S
NGB gets real scared. Though, while we were in line for the top one, I let her feel my pulse to let her know that I was scared, too.

It's afterwards that we differ. She's still shaken, and I'm calm. The anticipation always scares me more than the ride.

Me too - on the anticipation! I'm usually glad I road though. smile

On another note...I think WLE could really use to hear from a FBH on his thread, HHH. Can you and the rest of the guys check out his thread? Sometimes there are just differences between what a FBW go through vs a FBH and I'm sure ya'll can relate to where he's at.

Thanks!

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)

H
OP Offline
H
Staycation.

Going out to dinner, night at a local hotel.

State fair all day tomorrow, and a concert to close it out;

I-I-ah-I-I can't get you out of my head
God knows I've tried
But I just can't forget
Those crazy nights and
All the things that we did
I-ah-I-I can't get you out of my head

Oh Oh

Maybe it was the way you talked
Maybe it was the way you laughed
I don't know just what it is
But I know I want you back

God knows I've tried
But I just can't forget
Those crazy nights
And all the things that we did

Oh Oh

Maybe it was the way you smiled
Maybe it was the way you kissed (yeah, maybe)
I don't know just what it is
But I know I want this to last

God knows I've tried
But I just can't forget
Those crazy nights
And all the things that we did

I keep trying to sleep
But I'm lying awake
I'm thinkin' about the love I threw away (threw away),
But it won't let me go
And I need you to know that...

I-I-ah-I-I
I-I-ah-I-I (h-I-I)
I-I-ah-I-I

God knows I've tried
But I just can't forget
In my whole life
I never had it this bad
I-ah-I-I can't get you out of my head (whoa)
Out of my head (whoa)
Whoa
I-I-ah-I-I...

H
OP Offline
H
Ok - so little update and an anecdote.

NOC shift only lasted until September - which was semi-OK. While we got more UA time, NGB stated she valued me being in bed at night (if only for a couple hours) more... that, and the woman I swapped with couldn't hack the swing shift. We did the company Christmas party and had a blast, and I won "Rookie of the Year" with the company.

Our dog ran away on New Years and hasn't been found or returned home... frown

I am working 6 days a week, but NGB and I work the same shift on Sunday. I'm pushing for a weekend doubles slot, as the plan is for me to return to the University to get my RN. If I get the weekend doubles, the Home Health job will either have to go completely, or they will have to offer me an evening or two instead.

Anyway... everyone at my work is familiar with NGB as she comes down to have dinner with me almost every night. Last night, the girls on my side wanted to go out to dinner after work. My reply; I don't go out without my wife. So, they said call her and ask her to come along.

I said, nope. She worked today and works tomorrow, she'll be in bed. A Tuesday or Thursday night would work better. I sent her a text, that was her response (I'm psychic!). Though she said, "You can go if you want to."

Nope, I only go out with one woman, my wife.

Went home... NGB says; "I'm not worried, they aren't attractive!"

O_o

I've never fraternized with female coworkers, and... again, I don't go out with any woman but my wife.

(She is right though... NOT attractive, and they KNOW who I am married to. No chance... that's what you got... no chance in...)

N
N
NGB says; "I'm not worried, they aren't attractive!"

Some MB remedial study might be in order!

On another topic: Go get that RN ticket, dude! AAPMC did it at a local community college, and her options are virtually unlimited. She did 18 months at a local hospital, and then went to work for a digestive diagnostic clinic. Yeah, she sees a whole lot of fannies, "butt" her salary is high, her hours predictable, and her benefits superb.

B
B
Triple H,

Great boundaries, friend. smile

Agree with NG, get that RN ticket.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
NGB says; "I'm not worried, they aren't attractive!"

Some MB remedial study might be in order!

Ah, but how to avoid the bear-trap of attempting to educate your spouse?

Quite simple, my reply to the former statement and my action was the reminder; I do not fraternize with anyone but my wife. No wife, no HHH.

N
N
You okay, Trip?

I sensed the trigger hit you on FR's thread.

Ancient history, my good friend.........

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
You okay, Trip?

I sensed the trigger hit you on FR's thread.

Ancient history, my good friend.........

Careful, lest Miss Cleo sue you for use of her powers, sir.

It's January, sir. My least favorite month of the year.

I shall endure.

Next month; Vegas, and attendance to a live performance of Rock of Ages.

Admittedly, though... I tossed myself out there a bit to help Mel drive home the point.

H
OP Offline
H
Wrong thread... it wasn't FR's thread that I can see... but, I am busy at work right now, so I can't confirm that.

N
N
You're right; it wasn't FR's; it was BiAZ's.

E
E
January is rough for me too. So many dates.
Hang in there!

Btw, kiss and I saw rock of ages in nyc when Constantine was in it. It was awesome! I got the movie for Christmas but haven't watched it yet.

U
U
I thought Rock of Ages was a church song. I really need to get out more.

unwritten #2698234 01/14/13 03:24 PM
E
E
Originally Posted by unwritten
I thought Rock of Ages was a church song. I really need to get out more.

LOL, noooo. I remember it as a Def Leppard song, actually.

This was from the show in NYC:

Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation