Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 195 of 199 1 2 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
Scotland #2667727 09/22/12 11:10 PM
L
L
what a terrific trip! i am so glad you all had fun! and i hope it helped little one's feelings too. did your IM stuff get sorted?

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
Scotland #2667744 09/23/12 04:19 AM
I
I
I'm so glad it was fun. You all deserved a nice time.

And your son overcame his fear and got on the plane! That's really cool.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
Phew, what a wild ride the last 3 years have been. I remember the sheer devastation I felt as I searched through the internet for anything that made sense, and thankfully, 3 years ago, this very day, I stumbled upon this site, and it saved much of my sanity, and quite possibly my life. I can see that I would have gotten to a very bad place if not for the wonderful people that post on this site. I made some mistakes, but I learned from them, and have been able to pass on advice to others.

There isn't much to update about Bampot, as it should be. I read a lot, and although I am part time at my workplace, this is our busy time of year, so I have been working full time hours. I feel quite guilty having to leave the boys home alone, especially as I have been working mostly afternoons(getting home about midnight), but that's the life of single mother with 2 young sons. The boys seem much better about it than I do, which makes it a bit easier to handle. Sometimes though, I really get angry with how my life turned out. I don't dwell on it though. Just deal with it and get on with living life.

I was turned down for another promotion at work, which I have been told repeatedly, by numerous managers, that I would be perfect for. Apparently, I am "snarky" at times. Well, that's true, but it's usually in response to someone else's snarkiness. That's okay, I already knew that this job wasn't for me, and now that I can leave the kidlets home alone, I can figure out something better for me. Ready to find that DOOR wince I keep bumping against this WALL.

I'm spending some time, catching up on all of the threads I have missed, and watching my children carve up some pumpkins. YAY Hallowe'en. And to any of my friends out there who were worried about our safety here, due to Hurricane Sandy, we only received rain and wind. A few trees fell down, and basements were flooded, but we were otherwise unharmed. Thank you all for your concern.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Scotland #2678126 10/30/12 07:31 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
Phew, what a wild ride the last 3 years have been. I remember the sheer devastation I felt as I searched through the internet for anything that made sense, and thankfully, 3 years ago, this very day, I stumbled upon this site, and it saved much of my sanity, and quite possibly my life. I can see that I would have gotten to a very bad place if not for the wonderful people that post on this site. I made some mistakes, but I learned from them, and have been able to pass on advice to others.

There isn't much to update about Bampot, as it should be. I read a lot, and although I am part time at my workplace, this is our busy time of year, so I have been working full time hours. I feel quite guilty having to leave the boys home alone, especially as I have been working mostly afternoons(getting home about midnight), but that's the life of single mother with 2 young sons. The boys seem much better about it than I do, which makes it a bit easier to handle. Sometimes though, I really get angry with how my life turned out. I don't dwell on it though. Just deal with it and get on with living life.

I was turned down for another promotion at work, which I have been told repeatedly, by numerous managers, that I would be perfect for. Apparently, I am "snarky" at times. Well, that's true, but it's usually in response to someone else's snarkiness. That's okay, I already knew that this job wasn't for me, and now that I can leave the kidlets home alone, I can figure out something better for me. Ready to find that DOOR wince I keep bumping against this WALL.

I'm spending some time, catching up on all of the threads I have missed, and watching my children carve up some pumpkins. YAY Hallowe'en. And to any of my friends out there who were worried about our safety here, due to Hurricane Sandy, we only received rain and wind. A few trees fell down, and basements were flooded, but we were otherwise unharmed. Thank you all for your concern.
Scotty, so good to hear your update. I think you should put this on your original thread.
You have shown your young sons a mother with perserverance - they can't help but be better by being with you. I am excited for their lives after seeing your consistently faithful behavior over the past few years. Good for you - and them! hurray

I know you've been busy, but I hope you keep posting here. Your voice is soooo needed - a faithful spouse who stays the course and honors their vows, even after their wayward so damages their marriage.

I salute you, madam. hurray

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
Glad to hear you are doing well, and are healing from everything.

You rock Scotty

B
B
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Glad to hear you are doing well, and are healing from everything.

You rock Scotty
Yes smile

And thank you for your guidance for us Scotty.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
Well, there is some very sad and devastating news I wanted to share with you all. My daddy passed away on November 3rd of a heart attack. He found out on October 18th that he had blocked arteries, and when he went for stents on October 31st. While there, they told him that he would need bypass surgery instead. He passed away 3 days later. Needless to say, it has been a rough 8 days in Scotty's world.

One thing I would really like to share with you all is that my mom is a wreck, and one of the recurring themes is that she wishes that she didn't cause the pain to my dad that she did when she had her affair, and how she wished that she had more time to make up for it all. This is the FIRST time I have seen real remorse from her about her affair. That is really sad for me, because I know that she can never feel like she made up for all of the pain she caused. She has apologized to me for not realizing before about the pain that I went through when I separated from Bampot, as it is similar to a death, and we grieve.

One foot in front of the other, one day at a time. That is how I am taking it. Although, I am feeling awfully guilty that I don't feel more upset about my dad's passing. It's not the same sort of raw pain that Bampot's affair had on me. It's a little strange to me. Typical me, always hardest on myself.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Scotland #2682136 11/11/12 10:21 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by Scotland
Well, there is some very sad and devastating news I wanted to share with you all. My daddy passed away on November 3rd of a heart attack. He found out on October 18th that he had blocked arteries, and when he went for stents on October 31st. While there, they told him that he would need bypass surgery instead. He passed away 3 days later. Needless to say, it has been a rough 8 days in Scotty's world.

One thing I would really like to share with you all is that my mom is a wreck, and one of the recurring themes is that she wishes that she didn't cause the pain to my dad that she did when she had her affair, and how she wished that she had more time to make up for it all. This is the FIRST time I have seen real remorse from her about her affair. That is really sad for me, because I know that she can never feel like she made up for all of the pain she caused. She has apologized to me for not realizing before about the pain that I went through when I separated from Bampot, as it is similar to a death, and we grieve.

One foot in front of the other, one day at a time. That is how I am taking it. Although, I am feeling awfully guilty that I don't feel more upset about my dad's passing. It's not the same sort of raw pain that Bampot's affair had on me. It's a little strange to me. Typical me, always hardest on myself.
My deepest sympathy Scotty for you and your DSs and your family.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. hug pray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
C
hug 's and deepest sympathy to you and the boys Scotty.

And thanks for the update. I've been worried about mama bear.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
Caracal #2682185 11/12/12 03:46 AM
J
J
So sorry for your families loss. It's sad your mother's realization came too late...was she able to express anything to your father before he passed? Peace to you and your boys.

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
E
E
Scotty,
So sorry for your loss. Be gentle to yourself!
Will be thinking of you...

BS (me) 46
STBX WH 53
Married 2000
DS, 11; DS, 10
1st A: LT D-Day - 02/14/06
2nd A: D-Day - 12/21/11
Plan B since 1/17/12
Divorcing
estrela #2682209 11/12/12 08:50 AM
R
R
I totally understand.

My father passed away and having gone through being betrayed by my spouse dampered MUCH of the emotion I would have otherwise felt about it.

I believe it makes us all the more human.

Scotland #2682233 11/12/12 10:17 AM
C
C
hug

F
F
Hugs to you, Scotland. I'm sorry for your loss.

me: FWW/BW
Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
M
M
So sorry for your loss Scotland, deepest sympathy for you and your family.

Miss M

me: FBS
H: FWS
Fully recovered
Miss M #2682270 11/12/12 11:42 AM
N
N
Please don't feel guilty. The loss of a good man to death is a tragedy, but we can have faith that it isn't forever.

The loss of a good man to a bad man is more devastating, because left unchecked, the loss of that will last forever.

So really, it's because of your faith that these two losses have hit you differently. You have an understanding of the deeper issue involved, of dying with Christ vs. living without Him. I'm so sorry about your dad, and thankful that you'll see him again. hug

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2682284 11/12/12 12:17 PM
S
S
I'm sending prayers and my deepest sympathy to you and your family, Scotty. May God be with you in your hour of need.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
W
W
I am so sorry to hear about your dad, Scotty. My prayers are with you and your boys. hug

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
A
A
Prayers for you and your family, Scotty.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
armymama #2682318 11/12/12 02:31 PM
L
L
I am so sorry to hear this Scotty. hug My prayers for you and your boys.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
Page 195 of 199 1 2 193 194 195 196 197 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation