Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 85 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 84 85
J
J
Originally Posted by JessicaClaire
Why hasn't MIL already put SS on a plane home to you? Your wife has literally abandoned him, and your MIL said she doesn't want to continue raising him. Correct? I don't understand why SS still isn't back home with you and his brother.

Also, my understanding is that Plan A is not supposed to become a way of life. When will you switch to Plan B?

Dr Harley encourages husbands to plan A for years if needed , based on the circumstances.
In tQ case, Dr Harley told him to plan A

karmasrose #2709552 03/01/13 04:27 PM
J
J
WW sent her kids to Puerto Rico so she could continue her extramarital affair without them getting in the way. She literally ripped them away from their home, school, friends, father/stepfather, etc. and then abandoned them with her mother in Puerto Rico. Even after TranquilDark got DS back home--and after the grandmother in Puerto Rico said she does not want to continue raising SS--WW still refuses to allow SS to come back from Puerto Rico. SS is only a 10-year-old child!

What is the point of trying to make LB deposits with WW while she discards her own child like a piece of trash? What she has done to her kids--especially SS--is cruel beyond words. There is nothing Christian about rewarding parental cruelty and neglect.

TD: I think you should fly to the grandmother's home in Puerto Rico, put your arms around SS, and tell him his nightmare is finally over. Tell him he'd better get packing because he has plane to catch and his little brother can't wait to see him.

Jedi_Knight #2709553 03/01/13 04:29 PM
J
J
A lot has changed since Dr. Harley gave TD that advice.

Last edited by JessicaClaire; 03/01/13 04:58 PM.
D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
He did. From what I gather from his email is that my WW will feel the real sting of divorce with a dark Plan B after divorce. I believe he thinks my case will be a remarriage. I can't take SS because it would constitute as "kidnapping". However, on my trip there to see my WW's ailing grandmother I will try to reason with MIL to let me take SS. If she agrees then I will take him back with me. If I take SS without justification it could be used against me in a custody hearing with WW for DS. I cannot Plan B if I wanted to because she has vistation with DS that says I monitor it. To get that reverse would show instability on my part.

WW tried to get the military involved and accused me of being an abusive husband/father. The military ruled against her and in my favor. I am trying to open a case with the military against WW for abandoment of SS. If I get that I can use that as ammunition for sole custody of DS and possibly have a slim chance at getting custody of SS as well.

Last edited by TranquilDark; 03/01/13 04:48 PM.
Darkguy #2709565 03/01/13 05:25 PM
K
K
If anyone is your ally for SS, the military is. I hope they can help you with that.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Darkguy #2709572 03/01/13 05:50 PM
J
J
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
He did. From what I gather from his email is that my WW will feel the real sting of divorce with a dark Plan B after divorce. I believe he thinks my case will be a remarriage. I can't take SS because it would constitute as "kidnapping". However, on my trip there to see my WW's ailing grandmother I will try to reason with MIL to let me take SS. Why don't you go now? I can't understand why you are willing to book a flight for the sole purpose of visiting your WW's ailing grandmother, but you are not willing to book a flight for the sole purpose of bringing your abandoned, 10-year-old stepson home. Which is more important? If she agrees then I will take him back with me. Why wouldn't she agree? She already contacted you to let you know that she doesn't want to continue raising him. If I take SS without justification it could be used against me in a custody hearing with WW for DS. Your MIL must have been granted temporary legal guardianship when your WW abandoned the children in PR. I cannot Plan B if I wanted to because she has vistation with DS that says I monitor it. To get that reverse would show instability on my part.

WW tried to get the military involved and accused me of being an abusive husband/father. The military ruled against her and in my favor. Excellent. I am trying to open a case with the military against WW for abandoment of SS. If I get that I can use that as ammunition for sole custody of DS and possibly have a slim chance at getting custody of SS as well. I suspect your case would be stronger if both DS and SS are living with you when you petition for sole custody.

K
K
I think he is afraid of jeopardizing his chance of getting custody of SS if he just takes him.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

karmasrose #2709578 03/01/13 06:59 PM
J
J
Originally Posted by karmasrose
I think he is afraid of jeopardizing his chance of getting custody of SS if he just takes him.

But TD is the stepfather, and he would be taking SS with the current legal gaurdian's permission.

I don't see how a court could fault TD for doing that, considering the circumstances. Regardless, if I were in TD's position, I would gladly accept any legal consequences that resulted from bringing that poor kid home.

K
K
If he does do that I would be very careful to get all the things sorted out and maybe get MIL to sign something saying he has her permission.

karmasrose #2709642 03/01/13 10:48 PM
J
J
TQ
Email your attorney:

I am going to PR with my son. His maternal great grandmother is passing away; while there I will visit my step son.
If my mother in law consents to it, can I bring him back home with me?
My wife wants him to stay in PR with her mother but her mother doesn't want him.
I am very concerned about his emotional well being.
What are your suggestions?

Jedi_Knight #2709643 03/01/13 10:50 PM
J
J
TQ can you post the email dr Harley sent you so we know his advice to you?

B
B
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight

Originally Posted by BrainHurts
This is what Dr. H said about my situation.

"I recommend that you remain in plan A, but don�t lose your temper or do anything else that would cause you to lose love units. Try to make it clear that you will not tolerate another man in her life, but that you are willing to overcome any problems she has with you that might have tempted her to have this affair."

So I'm in officially in plan A. Any good ideas for affection and attention?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for posting that BH. JK I meet with my lawyer next week and I plan on bringing that up. JC I see your point as well however I am not sure what custody rights I have when it comes to SS. I got a TRO to force my wife back to our home state from PR so I can get custody of both DS and SS. My lawyer said I had zero case for SS at that time and I should go for DS then SS once I prove I am a stable parent. Another angle is that SS biological father is in PR and has contact with him. He's another ghost dad. If I take him he could take legal action against me as well. I don't want to jeopardize my custody hearing in a couple of months for my DS. If I can get a sign document from MIL then I will feel comfortable taking SS. WW father is there as well and something tells me we will bump heads.

When I told him about POSOM arrest for molestation and her affair when I confronted at the hotel he threatened to beat me up lol. I laugh because he is 60 years old ex drug addict with a terminal disease. "My daughter can be a prostitute for all I care its not your problem bro, leave her alone or I will kill you." Classic enabling father over compensating for missed time. If he is there I am deathly afraid of breaking his face if he threatens me in person. Any ideas on how to handle that? Also, if POSOM is there and she is there I am very scared I will lose it and do more than break his face.

Got some good quotes to questions that will be asked by my WW off of another thread. Setting up some Plan A opportunities with DS and I working the shared history angle and being a stellar father. The previous is hard because I was that dad to begin with and to top that will be very hard. It is winter here and I'm brainstorming some family activities that will allow me to be with both DS and WW. Ideas would be appreciated.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight

This is what Dr. H said about my situation.

"I recommend that you remain in plan A, but don�t lose your temper or do anything else that would cause you to lose love units. Try to make it clear that you will not tolerate another man in her life, but that you are willing to overcome any problems she has with you that might have tempted her to have this affair."

So I'm in officially in plan A. Any good ideas for affection and attention?

Isn't that radio show from Nov. 2012? When I listened to it, I got the impression that Dr. Harley and Joyce were unaware of the details regarding Puerto Rico. I suspect their advice would have been different if they'd known the whole story. I also suspect their advice would be dramatically different if they knew how WW has been acting since November. I can't imagine they'd recommend Plan A at this point.

W
W
Setting up some Plan A opportunities with DS and I working the shared history angle and being a stellar father. The previous is hard because I was that dad to begin with and to top that will be very hard. It is winter here and I'm brainstorming some family activities that will allow me to be with both DS and WW. Ideas would be appreciated.

She knows you are a steller father, it was hard for my FWW to deny that I was a spectaular father. Staying that way and letting her know what you are up to with your DS is a strength of yours and she will notice. Use your strength, and let it give you reason to work on other aspects of your Plan A. What you need to do is determine what needs are you not meeting for your wife and what needs she wants fulfilled. strengthen those while basing it on your ability to be a stellar father.

J
J
It is winter here and I'm brainstorming some family activities that will allow me to be with both DS and WW. Ideas would be appreciated.
Idea for a fun, family activity: Bring SS back Puerto Rico and have a "Welcome Home" party waiting for him. Let DS plan the party. Do not invite the woman who abandoned SS in Puerto Rico.

B
B
I also have to say that I am not seeing the good in plan A at the moment. Maybe it would be wise to email Dr. Harley again with the latest developments. You could tell him it's a debate on the boards. If I were you, I'd push the abandonment case, get SS back, get a new visitation order and cut out WW, so she really feels the pain of losing everything. She is really just an expert cake-eater right now.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I will email the radio show the following please edit and add information I might of forgot:

I was on your show mid-November talking about my WW. A lot has happened since then. She came back to the city we live in and I followed Bill's advice. Plan A I also exposed to the affair partners job via email and his church via mail (he lives in FL) He called my wife upset and frustrated with my "harrassment". Our next court date is mid May. I completed love busters book and HNHN and SAA 3x each. I found that I was being disrespectful and didn't know it. I have completed anger management class and parenting class. My wife still is talking to POSOM and lives outside of the marital home. I do not want a divorce I am trying to prolong it so I can do a awesome Plan A then Plan B when its final. We talk about little things and she sometimes opens up to me. She talks and I learn to be a proactive listener (a fault I recognized). She was considering bringing my SS back to the marital home from Puerto Rico. He is living with his grandmother there after she ran off with him and DS. Court has given me temporary custody of DS and I am currently trying to get SS back in the marital home as well. Thank you for your time and help. God bless you for all you do and thanks for the advice!

J
J
I will email the radio show the following please edit and add information I might of forgot:

I was on your show mid-November talking about my WW. If you remember, one day after I left for work [color:#993300](is that accurate?), WW flew my 10-yr-0ld stepson and my 3-yr-old son to Puerto Rico without my knowledge or permission. She didn't tell me about this until after they were gone. I literally came home to an empty house.

WW left the children in PR with her mother and joined POSOM back in the states. (Did WW even go with the boys or did she just put them on a plane by themselves?) WW told me she did this because she didn't want me to have custody of the kids while she continued her affair. (Is that accurate?) In order to get my son back from Puerto Rico, I had to get temporary full custody of him and a temporary restraining order against WW. (Please be advised that WW also has a history of depression and instability.)

In PR, the grandmother didn't even enroll my SS in school for several months, and she recently contacted me to tell me that she does not want to continue raising him.

WW lives near me, and is allowed supervised visitation with our son. She hasn't gone back to PR to help raise the son she abandoned there, so MIL is SS's legal guardian at this time. SS's biological father also lives in PR. However, he abandoned SS years ago, and does not have legal custody of him.

SS's little brother and I miss him desperately, and SS is desperate to come back home from PR, but WW will not allow it. I believe she is ashamed to face the child she abandoned months ago.

[/color]Since November, I've been following Dr. Harley's advice to Plan A while pursuing full, permanent custody of my son. (If you remember, POSOM was charged with sexual molestation of his own daughter, so I'm afraid our son would be at risk if WW got shared custody.) I've completely exposed the affair and am trying to be the best husband I can possibly be, but WW refuses to end contact with POSOM.

I do not want a divorce, but I had to file for divorce in order to pursue custody of my son. I am trying to prolong it so I can do an awesome Plan A. Should I continue asking WW out on dates and trying to make love bank deposits? I've been doing everything I can think of to win her back. Do you believe this is still the correct course of action? Thank you for your time and help. God bless you for all you do and thanks for the advice!

Last edited by JessicaClaire; 03/03/13 11:02 AM.
J
J
TD: I screwed up the font colors in my previous post. Below please find my suggested additions in red, and my questions in green:

Originally Posted by JessicaClaire

I was on your show mid-November talking about my WW. If you remember, one day after I left for work (is that accurate?), WW flew my 10-yr-0ld stepson and my 3-yr-old son to Puerto Rico without my knowledge or permission. She didn't tell me about this until after they were gone. I literally came home to an empty house.

WW left the children in PR with her mother and joined POSOM back in the states.
(Did WW even go with the boys or did she just put them on a plane by themselves?) WW told me she did this because she didn't want me to have custody of the kids while she continued her affair. (Is that accurate?) In order to get my son back from Puerto Rico, I had to get temporary full custody of him and a temporary restraining order against WW. (Please be advised that WW also has a history of depression and instability.)

In PR, the grandmother didn't even enroll my SS in school for several months, and she recently contacted me to tell me that she does not want to continue raising him.

WW lives near me, and is allowed supervised visitation with our son. She hasn't gone back to PR to help raise the son she abandoned there, so MIL is SS's legal guardian at this time. SS's biological father also lives in PR. However, he abandoned SS years ago, and does not have legal custody of him.

SS's little brother and I miss him desperately, and SS is desperate to come back home from PR, but WW will not allow it. I believe she is ashamed to face the child she abandoned months ago.

Since November, I've been following Dr. Harley's advice to Plan A while pursuing full, permanent custody of my son. (If you remember, POSOM was charged with sexual molestation of his own daughter, so I'm afraid our son would be at risk if WW got shared custody.) I've completely exposed the affair and am trying to be the best husband I can possibly be, but WW refuses to end contact with POSOM.

I do not want a divorce, but I had to file for divorce in order to pursue custody of my son. I am trying to prolong it so I can do an awesome Plan A. Should I continue asking WW out on dates and trying to make love bank deposits? I've been doing everything I can think of to win her back. Do you believe this is still the correct course of action? Thank you for your time and help. God bless you for all you do and thanks for the advice!

Page 49 of 85 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation