Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 72 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 71 72
E
OP Offline
E
I have to admit that I am jealous/envious/apprehensive when I see a WH posting and making promises and changes. It stirs a lot up in me and I feel short-changed. Not sure how to handle it, except to stay away from those threads.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this forum has much to offer me anymore. frown

H
H
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
I have to admit that I am jealous/envious/apprehensive when I see a WH posting and making promises and changes. It stirs a lot up in me and I feel short-changed. Not sure how to handle it, except to stay away from those threads.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this forum has much to offer me anymore. frown

I stay away from a lot of threads.

Maybe it's you that has things to offer the forum. smile

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you, HHH. I appreciate that.

E
OP Offline
E
Kiss should have left work an hour ago and been home by now. He's not answering his phone.

It's silly. It's stupid. But times like these, I don't know if I can do it anymore!!

F
F
Kiss should have left work an hour ago and been home by now. He's not answering his phone.

It's silly. It's stupid. But times like these, I don't know if I can do it anymore!!

It's not silly or stupid. But don't get yourself all worked up until you know what the problem is. Calm is in control. I'm working on this myself.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
K
K
Is he home yet?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
H

Neither silly nor stupid. It's a violation of the rule of care, and your anxiety is the consequence of his violation.

So, how are you going to communicate this?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
E
OP Offline
E
Yes, he got home around 6:30. He was at a customer's house. I explained to him him (again) how important it is that he be more accountable to me about hid whereabouts. That he knows what goes through my head. He apologized, said he understands and will be more accountable in the future.

I just don't know how to prevent it from happening. But I won't let mysekf freak out in the future.

B
B
Yes, he got home around 6:30. He was at a customer's house. I explained to him him (again) how important it is that he be more accountable to me about hid whereabouts. That he knows what goes through my head. He apologized, said he understands and will be more accountable in the future.

I just don't know how to prevent it from happening. But I won't let mysekf freak out in the future.
What Plan does he have to "be more accountable"?

For example, call or text every time he leaves work?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

K
K
This doesn't feel right. SOMETHING is off here. He has lied before and I am inclined to think he is doing so now because of his poor record.

If it was a client why didn't he call you before he left work? Why not text you while he was there?

How many times is he going to do this before he actually gets the point?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

F
F
Originally Posted by karmasrose
This doesn't feel right. SOMETHING is off here. He has lied before and I am inclined to think he is doing so now because of his poor record.

If it was a client why didn't he call you before he left work? Why not text you while he was there?

How many times is he going to do this before he actually gets the point?

What's off is that he is not sensitive to her feelings. He doesn't "get it". I doubt he was doing anything nefarious, but I understand how RQ feels.

I wonder about this, because as a BH, I am expected to weather this kind of thing until she is "in love". Not sure that works as well with a WH.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
E
OP Offline
E
Karma, I did call his place of employment and I was told he was at a customer's house but he should have called and told me. We had an agreement that he would call or text me if he would be more than half an hour late.

I just wish he would be more sensitive to my feelings, FtF.

B
B
Karma, I did call his place of employment and I was told he was at a customer's house but he should have called and told me. We had an agreement that he would call or text me if he would be more than half an hour late.

So you already had this EP in place? What was the condition if he broke an EP?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

K
K
I was agreeing with you RQ.

And I too want to know -- what happens when he breaks an EP?

If you keep trying to stomach this he will eventually get ballsy enough to do more and more hurtful things when he sees that his little "oopses" go without consequences.

E
OP Offline
E
Karma, yes I know. Didn't mean to make it sound that you weren't! When he does thoughtless things, my LB drops a lot and I withdraw from him. So I wouldn't say that I have an actual consequence for him, but I do distance myself from him until I feel he is "safe" to be close to again. Does that make sense?

K
K
That makes sense, but I think what's on all minds is: How long do you feel able to keep doing this?

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by karmasrose
That makes sense, but I think what's on all minds is: How long do you feel able to keep doing this?

I ask myself the same thing! I guess, as long as I can.

K
K
I really feel that you should set some sort of date. Trying to recover, one-sided, indefinitely, is very, very unhealthy.

B
B
I thought of you when I heard this. It's the third question. What do you think?

Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

K
K
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

So you already had this EP in place? What was the condition if he broke an EP?

I hope you don't mind, RQ - but I'm curious. I thought KISS worked retail in a sort of managerial role. Why is he going to customer's homes? How comfortable are you with that?

Page 52 of 72 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation