Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 68 of 72 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Everthesame #2791406 03/25/14 06:40 PM
O
O

Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
Truck is packed and we are on the road.

Can't believe we are finally doing this!

smile

Yea!!

Quick! Now's your chance!

MB Radio Marathon!
dance2

Duhdaduhdaduhdaduhda Duh- DootDootDooDoo...

Time NOW for Marriage Builders with your host...Dr.Bill Harley and Joyce Harley!

Joyce: Today we're going to be talking about creating a lifestyle that you can both be happy with. Please welcome our impressive guests, RocketQueen and Kiss!!!" hurray clap crybaby

weightlifter lashes

Openeyes11 #2791407 03/25/14 06:45 PM
O
O
But seriously, road trips are an ideal time to get some good education in.

Fond memories. Cool convos.

So happy for your family.

Openeyes11 #2791414 03/25/14 07:44 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Lol, openeyes! You made me laugh! Unfortunately, we are in separate vehicles

Everthesame #2791458 03/26/14 04:55 AM
W
W
RQ
That's awesome! Let me help ya"ll get acclimated to the deep south! New York is a fer piece up yonder from Florida I reckon ya"ll have to wake up early and get.

Don't fer get to cut tha lights off when ya leave. Are ya'll fix-n-to take I-75 south? If-n-u-r honk tha horn at exit 218!

Way to go RQ! Be safe on the road and congratulations to you and Kiss!

Me 59 newly married after being a widow
Married 1 year
wle2 #2791481 03/26/14 07:27 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Love it, wle2, thanks!

Right now we are off rt 60 in Richmond, VA. Got about 800 miles to cover. Ugh

wle2 #2791482 03/26/14 07:29 AM
F
F
Originally Posted by wle2
RQ
That's awesome! Let me help ya"ll get acclimated to the deep south! New York is a fer piece up yonder from Florida I reckon ya"ll have to wake up early and get.

Don't fer get to cut tha lights off when ya leave. Are ya'll fix-n-to take I-75 south? If-n-u-r honk tha horn at exit 218!

Way to go RQ! Be safe on the road and congratulations to you and Kiss!

I understood every word wle! lol.

From what I hear though, Florida is full of Yankees. smile They go there to escape the snow, complain about how hot it is, and then move half way back to NC. rotflmao

All said in good fun RQ! Good luck in FL. I can't help but think this is going to be a positive thing for you both.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
FightTheFight #2791527 03/26/14 09:19 AM
E
OP Offline
E
I hope so FTF!

And FYI, you will NEVER hear me complain about the heat smile

Everthesame #2791640 03/26/14 12:52 PM
A
A
I hope so FTF!

We'll hold you to that promise in August! Our daughter was married in Northern FL last August in an outdoor wedding. WHO does that? It was a beautiful wedding though and we were able to get inside for the reception before the daily afternoon thunderstorm.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
Everthesame #2791875 03/27/14 12:31 AM
B
B
Way to go RQ and Kiss!!!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Everthesame #2791919 03/27/14 08:59 AM
C
C

It's not the heat; it's the HUMIDITY....

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
catwhit #2797116 04/16/14 09:03 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Hello friends! I thought I would pop in and post an update now that Kiss and I are settled in our new home.

The first week we were down here we stayed with Kiss' parents, who I get along very well with. I have forgiven them for not "getting involved" during Kiss' affair but my disappointment with them still lingers and so It was a little stressful. We were able to find a really nice house to rent and have been here almost 2 weeks now.

It has been difficult for me being home and not working. A little lonely and I find myself pretty bored. But, I'm sure I will adjust in time as I find things to do. It has definitely been nice having Kiss home at night and on the weekends for a change. We haven't had time to ourselves much, though, and I'm sure that would help me. As we learn the area and what our budget will be, we will be able to plan accordingly.

There have been a couple of hiccups along the way between us. One, is the skank mobile, which if you recall, his sister drives. So I have been...subjected to it quite a bit. I try to just ignore it but the other day she offered to take me to the local target. Kiss made an excuse (a valid reason, but not THE reason) why I would follow her in my own car. It made me wonder if she was in the dark about the situation with the skank mobile or just dense, lol. I did not bring it up as I still feel like the "crazy" wife around his sisters.

Anyway, the other hiccup was that Kiss had a social function during the work day that involved employees of the OS. I told him that I was uncomfortable with it and NOT enthusiastic about it. He didn't even attempt to POJA it or anything, he just went. I felt very upset and withdrawn from him because of it.

We did finally decide about paying my Mom back the money she had given me for the attorney and the rent and groceries, etc from back in 2012 so I am relieved to finally be able to repay her.

So, that is where I am at right now. Not great, but not terrible. I just need to find my footing and purpose in this strange but beautiful new place and focus and making it a happy place for me.

I hope you are all doing well. I am sad to see Recovery Land so quiet and hope that others will post updates as well. Sometimes, all we have is each other smile

Take care
~RQ

Last edited by Rocketqueen; 04/16/14 09:04 AM.
Everthesame #2797130 04/16/14 09:45 AM
B
B
Anyway, the other hiccup was that Kiss had a social function during the work day that involved employees of the OS. I told him that I was uncomfortable with it and NOT enthusiastic about it. He didn't even attempt to POJA it or anything, he just went. I felt very upset and withdrawn from him because of it.

Why is he still not using POJA? Isn't one of his EPs not to be at functions with OS?

You aren't getting 15-20 hours of UA?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2797143 04/16/14 10:04 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Why is he still not using POJA? Isn't one of his EPs not to be at functions with OS?

I don't know, Brainy girl. I even brought up that he has spoken to Dr. Harley himself about this very thing. "But it's my job!" Is what I get. When I tried to discuss it with him later that night and explain that I was hurt by it, he turned me on to the defensive about how I am on Facebook all the time (which I am not) and how MB would feel about me going to dinner with my co-workers before I left NY ( which he was enthusiastic about at the time). So rather than addressing my complaint, I was put on the defensive.

Originally Posted by Brainhurts
You aren't getting 15-20 hours of UA?

Not yet. And our sleep schedules are still out of sync as I get up at 6 and go to bed around 9:30 and kiss stays up and usually falls asleep on the couch. That has been an ongoing problem, though. We will have to see what we can afford for child care and plan some UA time.

Everthesame #2797229 04/16/14 02:01 PM
U
U
Glad your move went well RQ, I've been looking for updates!

Somehow I knew that skankmobile would come back to haunt you.

unwritten #2797237 04/16/14 02:39 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by unwritten
Glad your move went well RQ, I've been looking for updates!

Somehow I knew that skankmobile would come back to haunt you.

smile
Girl, I've missed you! Email me and let me know how you are!

Yes, I should have know that car would continue to be an issue. It is just a car, right? It has no power over me! Lol

Everthesame #2797374 04/17/14 07:50 AM
N
N
There have been a couple of hiccups along the way between us. One, is the skank mobile, which if you recall, his sister drives. So I have been...subjected to it quite a bit. I try to just ignore it but the other day she offered to take me to the local target. Kiss made an excuse (a valid reason, but not THE reason) why I would follow her in my own car. It made me wonder if she was in the dark about the situation with the skank mobile or just dense, lol. I did not bring it up as I still feel like the "crazy" wife around his sisters.

Tell the sister about the car, add an "I'm sure you understand" and be done with it.

Or accidentally ram it a few dozen times with your car (when she's not in it, of course) and trust that her insurance will total it out for her. smile

And our sleep schedules are still out of sync as I get up at 6 and go to bed around 9:30 and kiss stays up and usually falls asleep on the couch. That has been an ongoing problem, though.

Gotta break that habit, RQ.

Is he doing it out of some protest for not getting sex?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

Northwood8900 #2797442 04/17/14 11:47 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Tell the sister about the car, add an "I'm sure you understand" and be done with it.

Or accidentally ram it a few dozen times with your car (when she's not in it, of course) and trust that her insurance will total it out for her. smile

I suppose it's not enough to give the car dirty looks as I walk past it. I just feel uncomfortable around his sisters so it is hard for me to speak up.

Originally Posted by north wood
Gotta break that habit, RQ.

Is he doing it out of some protest for not getting sex?

I don't think so. We are working on our SF issues and making it more enjoyable for me. He still suffers from sleeplessness and refuses to take anything for it.

Everthesame #2797453 04/17/14 12:43 PM
C
C
He still suffers from sleeplessness and refuses to take anything for it.

Is he a coffee drinker? This makes a BIG difference!

Everthesame #2797454 04/17/14 12:47 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Northwood8900

I suppose it's not enough to give the car dirty looks as I walk past it. I just feel uncomfortable around his sisters so it is hard for me to speak up.

.... Or Kiss could tell his sister (while you are there). A fWH's willingness to protect his fBS from the consequences of his A sends a strong message to the BS, and the world!

catwhit #2797460 04/17/14 12:58 PM
E
OP Offline
E
He was a coffee drinker but has cut back tremendously. I'm a coffee drinker and still have trouble staying awake, lol.

As far as your second post, cat, I strongly agree! I have never heard Kiss stand up for me for anything. I suspect that his sister does not know the truth about why we got rid of the car.

Page 68 of 72 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation