Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
asil Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My husband of 7 years told me he had masturbated and fantasised over images of my daughter and that he loved her.
One day when he heard her say she was naked he uncontrollably ejaculated which prompted the revelation. He said this had been going on for 'some time', but that he loved me.
My initial reaction was that he should move out, however I told him that I would wait to see what a psychologist recommends.
After a series of six clinical visits my husband says hes cured, but there has been no definitive reason why he took the pro-active step. He did say it was my fault for making him do the laundry. He says he could not control his thoughts. I have not told my daughter as I do not want this to darken her life.
I am not sure if I can forgive or forget. I was completely devastated and disgusted. Allowing him to stay in the house goes against my inherent principles. I feel like a traitor to my daughter. I have lost all respect for him. I have lost all self esteem.
I have read all relevant topics and threads which has been extremely helpful but, while there are generic infidelity stories, I cannot find anyone with the same issue. I do not know what to do.

M
M
How old is your daughter?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
asil Offline OP
OP Offline
A
She was 14 when this started although he says the image he has of her was when she was 11. She is 18 now

M
M
Originally Posted by asil
She was 14 when this started although he says the image he has of her was when she was 11. She is 18 now

It doesn't seem like she is safe around him and she is certainly not safe not knowing. Has he molested her? Have you spoken to her about this? We know of many cases where a man has married a woman to get her daughters. This is not that uncommon.

If you will write to Dr Harley at mbradio [you don't have to go on the radio show unless you want to] he can give you some good direction. It is free, http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi4200_radio.html

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
asil Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I dont think she is in any danger. This was a complete fantasy. She no longer lives at home as she is away in college. I will write to Dr Hartley. Thank you for your help.

M
M
Originally Posted by asil
I dont think she is in any danger. This was a complete fantasy. She no longer lives at home as she is away in college. I will write to Dr Hartley. Thank you for your help.

Glad to hear she is away at college!

Exposure 101

I
I
Me too - but she still needs to know for her safety.

He can contact her at any time. He can even use you as the reason why they must meet. She should really know.

He may be telling you because the fantasy is reaching a crisis point where he can't control it any more.

He's fed the monster too long to be its master any more.

This is your chance to stop it. I am sure Dr H will give you good advice.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

X
X
Jeez that is a sad situation for you asil. I hope for a peaceful solution for you and your family. Good luck not that it helps.

N
N
Do you have any other kids? He really isn't safe husband material. I would advise you to have him move out asap so that when you tell your DD for her own safety, she sees that you've chosen her over a potential predator.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
I
I
I'd also be speaking to her so you can double check she wasn't groomed/abused.

One of the reasons for his confession might be to present himself as 'honest' and cover up what may emerge now she's out of the house. Little girls don't always stay little and quiet forever.

Its worth a double check - a full and frank discussion with her.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

N
N
How are you, asil?

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation