Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2867436 10/08/15 08:23 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I posted a long introduction in the military forum a few moments ago. Long story short -- married 26 years, sudden and brief separation in January, husband came home, a few months later, I learned of an infidelity while we were separated. A one night stand, basically.

Since learning of the infidelity, I've had just about all of the feelings except rage, which is the one I'd have expected to have. One of the feelings I have had is a desire for revenge. Just to make him understand the pain I'm feeling. I don't have any plans to act on this, but some days, I feel like I could go through with it given the right opportunity.

The other night, I was about an hour early to meet some girlfriends and was feeling that very strong urge for revenge. Instead of heading to the pub we were going to meet at, though, I decided to go for a walk. Our church is right around the corner. The door was open, and I went in and sat for a while. I prayed for guidance, and I felt an answer, to follow Jesus. I envisioned Him walking ahead of me, looking back and calling me forward. Even though I didn't know where the next steps would lead, He was clear that I should just follow Him, and I knew that He wouldn't lead me to revenge.

I hope that's the end of that desire for revenge. I just wanted to share that, in case it's helpful for someone else.

Married over 25 years
2 adult kids
Trying to h0ld0n
A
A
I have found it amazing that those who are at times distressed, troubled, angry or hurt find the comfort and peace offers. Sometimes it is sitting quietly in a church listening for God to speak, other times it is a person sitting next to you speaking for God what you need to hear. Amen you desire for revenge deminished and praise God that He is with you!

B
B
pray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation