Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hjm77 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi
Far too many details and years to describe here, but married 20 years, one young son 8 years. This is my 2nd marriage (1st wife left and declared she no longer believed). I waited for 2 years but she decided she did not want to be married. I Then remarried. I thought my 2nd wife believed, but it turns out there were problems from day 1.

I made some mistakes. Because of my christian upbringing, i refused to sleep with her but would stay over often until we moved in. So i put sexual brakes on. Which was stupid and unfair looking back. This has been one of the largest stumbling blocks. Since then we had problems sleepig togethet. She was turned off me. It's taken all this time, but with a life together virtually sexless, and being preoccupied with lots of problems with families, 3 years ago her Father died and a lot of the problems stopped with her family. My wife tells me today that it left all the problems exposed...nothing to fill our time and there is nothing left as far as she's concerned. She had a flirtation online with an ex (now over as far as i know) i believe as a consequence of being flattered and my mistakes. Now Today it got very nasty. She has said many nasty things about my lack of sexual abilities (which although are not true, have hurt deeply) and she wants to end the marriage. She is very anti-God and was filled with hatred for me today and actually hit me 3 times (she was very angry and hurt and emotional...i'm a big man so don't worry too much about this although it's not acceptable).

So, please pray that our marriage can be made new. I have decided to put God first again, and if that means the final end of this marriage then although i will be heartbroken, i wont be broken if that makes sense. I have been praying for 3 years now and still have faith that God can perform a miracle and change our hearts and soften them...i am trying to change what i can about myself, but please pray with me and if you have time please encourage me, as although i am a strong Christian, i am very human and am on my knees with my life in His hands.....thank you :-)

Last edited by Hjm77; 12/28/15 03:39 PM.
W
W
I am praying in agreement with you, Hjm77. I'm praying the Lord to reconcile your hearts back to each other. I pray for God's miracle in your marriage. God can and does perform miracles, please have faith and be patient. I am in the same boat and hoping for God to move miraculously and do the impossible or reconciliation of my marriage. Please pray for me as well. Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation