Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
G
Originally Posted by anonymityplease
Thanks, goody2shoes, for the links. These words in the third link are especially important in my situation. As I mentioned in one of the early pages of this thread, there are some who might demand my immediate firing even though I wasn't the cheating spouse and I have biblical grounds for divorce. And my friends and family are all mostly connected to the source of my employment. If some of them know, those who can fire me will find out. They can be very intolerant towards anything regarding divorce.

Harley says:
"While I unhesitatingly recommend immediately exposing the affair to friends, family, clergy, children and the other person's spouse, I'm not so quick to suggest immediately exposing it to an employer. That's because such exposure could have unintended legal and economic consequences. For example, the affair might constitute grounds for a sexual harassment claim by the unfaithful spouse's lover. Or it might trigger the outright firing of the spouse, making it far more difficult for them to find another job."

That last statement is my situation.
If I read correctly, you say you can be fired if you divorce. We don't recommend divorce, we recommend to kill the affair and restore your marriage.

Would you listen to these radio fragments on affair/exposure and share your thoughts with us?
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=9698
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=9699

M
M
Harley says:
"While I unhesitatingly recommend immediately exposing the affair to friends, family, clergy, children and the other person's spouse, I'm not so quick to suggest immediately exposing it to an employer. That's because such exposure could have unintended legal and economic consequences. For example, the affair might constitute grounds for a sexual harassment claim by the unfaithful spouse's lover. Or it might trigger the outright firing of the spouse, making it far more difficult for them to find another job."

First off, the last line only applies to workplace exposure for a workplace affair. It is not applicable to your situation. No one recommended you expose to the workplace.

As Dr Harley says, he recommends "exposing the affair to friends, family, clergy, children and the other person's spouse.."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

goody2shoes #2898284 05/02/17 06:47 PM
M
M
]
As I mentioned in one of the early pages of this thread, there are some who might demand my immediate firing even though I wasn't the cheating spouse and I have biblical grounds for divorce.

We are not recommending divorce. That is where you are headed now. We are trying to help you prevent that outcome.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Other free resources would be to send Dr Harley an email asking for his advice. He will send you a free book if he reads your email on the air. I have been here for 16 years and I received all of my initial books free this way. You can obtain all of the worksheets and questionaires free at this link: http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi4500_resource.html

If you don't want to do any of that, you can notify the moderators of your address and I will purchase a book for you. The book you need is Surviving an Affair [$13] and it is here here or on amazon at here

Exposure 101

goody2shoes #2898286 05/02/17 07:11 PM
G
G
Originally Posted by goody2shoes
Thanks, goody2shoes, for the links. These words in the third link are especially important in my situation. As I mentioned in one of the early pages of this thread, there are some who might demand my immediate firing even though I wasn't the cheating spouse and I have biblical grounds for divorce. And my friends and family are all mostly connected to the source of my employment. If some of them know, those who can fire me will find out. They can be very intolerant towards anything regarding divorce.

Harley says:

If I read correctly, you say you can be fired if you divorce. We don't recommend divorce, we recommend to kill the affair and restore your marriage.

Would you listen to these radio fragments on affair/exposure and share your thoughts with us?
I left the third part out:
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=9700

goody2shoes #2898307 05/03/17 12:01 PM
A
A
***EDIT***

Last edited by Ariel; 05/03/17 12:14 PM. Reason: TOS
Allan_Tweed #2898309 05/03/17 12:15 PM
A
Administrator
Administrator
A
From our Terms of Service:

9. If you are offering advice to person asking a question, you agree to refrain from posting material that is counter to the Marriage Builders program, whether that be in the form of a book reference or a personal philosophy

The purpose of this forum is to help others find solutions using Marriage Builders concepts. We ask that you keep this in mind when posting to others.

Ariel #2898311 05/03/17 12:23 PM
A
A
***EDIT***

Enough. Do not argue any more on another person's thread. If you have any questions about our policies, send an email to a Moderator or an Administrator.

arielmarriagebuilder@gmail.com

Last edited by Ariel; 05/03/17 12:28 PM. Reason: TOS
goody2shoes #2898334 05/04/17 05:21 AM
G
G
Originally Posted by goody2shoes

Harley says:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=9700
Did you listen to the fragments? If so, do you want to share your thoughts with us?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation