Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
EmDee1 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Beware of this product. It is advertised as a simple way to monitor Android phones, but unless you can root the phone it provides very limited functionality.

Out of the box, Highster allows you to see text messages and calls, and to view photos stored on the phone. Without rooting, you cannot see GPS info or web searches. Not sure about other functions such as Facebook chats, Instagram, etc. My dashboard shows no usage of any of these functions on the target device, but I doubt they are used there.

I would think very carefully before purchasing this product. Their adverrtising is misleading, and they will not refund your money once you install it and find it does not do what you expected it to do.

C
C
Originally Posted by EmDee1
Beware of this product. It is advertised as a simple way to monitor Android phones, but unless you can root the phone it provides very limited functionality.

Out of the box, Highster allows you to see text messages and calls, and to view photos stored on the phone. Without rooting, you cannot see GPS info or web searches. Not sure about other functions such as Facebook chats, Instagram, etc. My dashboard shows no usage of any of these functions on the target device, but I doubt they are used there.

I would think very carefully before purchasing this product. Their adverrtising is misleading, and they will not refund your money once you install it and find it does not do what you expected it to do.

Hi EmDee1, I used this software and I was able to see GPS info without rooting. However, I actually found the most useful thing for finding out info about WH's chats was Whatsapp Web - which doesn't require purchasing any software at all. If your partner uses whatsapp, you just need to be able to get hold of his phone in the middle of the night and then it is a 1 min job to go to whatsapp web through google and link his phone whatsapp to your computer by scanning the QR code. If you can keep your computer connected to the internet (I was working at home at the time so that was possible), then you have permanent access to a copy of his whatsapp account - regardless of whether he takes the phone away with him or not. I was actually shocked at what a privacy flaw this seems to be in whatsapp.

BW (me) 40
WH, serial cheater, 41
Four children:
DS1 8
DS2 7 (from one of WH's previous affairs, lives with me)
DS3 6
DD 2

D-day Jan 4 2017
Plan B (first attempt) Feb 21 2017
Plan D Aug 28 2017
Plan B (properly) Aug 31 2017

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs - and blaming it on you....or being lied about don't deal in lies..." IF, by Rudyard Kipling https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473
E
EmDee1 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi, chalk. Thanks for the response. I'll check his phone again for WhatsApp, but I don't think it's there. He's kind of technology averse--very 2001, actually. He does not even have a Facebook account, and refuses to so much as glance at Twiitter or Instagram. Good (if shocking) hint for any possible future "improvements" in his tech world, however.

I'm still utterly disgusted with Highster. Not only do email, web searches, and GPS not show up for me--the GPS has been stuck on a location two blocks from our home since I installed it. Next to useless, and the support people told me in so many words, quoting verbatim now, that I would have to root the phone to get GPS, email, and web search monitoring to work. And thanks for the money.

By the way, I've been following your journey on these pages for quite awhile now. Congratulations on surviving.

E
EmDee1 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Oh, and by the way. Highster says they are not refunding my money because I looked at the "dashboard," which is where the monitoring information is displayed. Of course I looked at it, you dolts. That's how I found out the product was not working.

Posting as a public service for anyone evaluating this product.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,358 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation