Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
mervynl1 #3006121 09/17/18 11:36 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi Melody
I value my Wife very much as she is the rock in this marriage and always has been throughout. I am giving my Wife the love and attention she deserves.
I know I have a long way to go to regain her trust. We keep taking one step forward then three steps back. I will take your advise above and hope it will lead to a much better
relationship.

We keep drifting back to past instead of the present and future only.

I know it is very difficult for my Wife to let things go as I keep arguing with her. Today we had a massive argument and I put my Wife through hell and said things which I know
hurt her feelings terribly and I know I should have been more thoughtful and understanding. I am very sorry I said the things that hurt her and I beg her forgiveness.

mervynl1 #3006124 09/17/18 12:19 PM
G
G
Originally Posted by mervynl1
Today we had a massive argument and I put my Wife through hell and said things which I know
hurt her feelings terribly and I know I should have been more thoughtful and understanding. I am very sorry I said the things that hurt her and I beg her forgiveness.
Break a glass. Say sorry to the glass. Does the glass heal?

Telling you are sorry isn't enough. Don't break the glass. Stop saying hurtful things.

mervynl1 #3006129 09/17/18 01:25 PM
U
U
In addition to having multiple affairs, you are having angry outbursts towards your wife and continuing to hurt her. What is your plan to STOP doing this?

I don�t see any reason why your wife should stay in this marriage right now. You have had a string of affairs and continue to be dishonest about them, and you are following that up by repeatedly telling us that you lost your temper and said things with the specific reason to hurt her. Why do you think your wife should stay in this marriage?

mervynl1 #3006131 09/17/18 02:21 PM
M
OP Offline
M
what do you classify as multiple affairs?

Because she still cares for me in her own way.

mervynl1 #3006136 09/17/18 03:29 PM
I
I
what do you classify as multiple affairs?

More than one!

faint

How many people did you expose to?

Who are those people?

What was their reaction?

....because you sound very cavalier for someone who has just shocked and horrified everyone they care about..

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

mervynl1 #3006137 09/17/18 03:31 PM
I
I
Because she still cares for me in her own way.

I would care if I had a recurring bomb in my home. I would care about that bomb a lot.

I would tiptoe and make it the very centre of my existence. Until I finally got rid of it.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation