Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
There are so many things that I need to pray for, but will only limit to a few. I will be reading this forum frequently and praying for those who need additional prayers as well. This is a great idea. So many of us do feel that prayer is the last straw for some of our relationships.<P>Please pray for my DH. He is hurting so badly from the pain that I have cause due my affair(s) (One before we were married, unfortunately the other while I was pregnant with third child). He is so bitter and angry and I cant seem to help him. He needs God's strength to move on and learn to forgive. I know I was amess until I found the Lord again. It took a lot to come back to him (Lord) after I had betrayed him too. But my life is getting bette within myself and I am so greatful for this.<P>Also pray for our three children, although they are young (5,3, &1), they are still being hurt from the fighting going on in their home. Please pray that God will protect them from this awful situation that I have put them in, and take care of them. Allow them to see the right way to be in life and not to make the same mistake I have made.<P>And lastly, please pray for me. I am so confused as to what to do in my marriage. The affair has been over for over 1 1/2 years, and no contact has been made, but my H cant seem to stop hurting. I am not asking for us to forget it, I know this is not possible, but I need the strength from God to do the right thing. Is the right thing to stay in the house and make my H miserable, and hope that some day he will learn to love me again, and show my kids that this behavior is ok, or do I leave, and walk out on everything I hold so dear, my H, my kids. I need God's strength to do what is best for everbody, and if that means leaving, I will need even more strength to get through the nights without my children.<P>My faith in the Lord has not always been the best, but in the last year, I have grown to really love the Lord. I draw more and more strength, when I step foot into the church for an hour. I feel at peace for an hour a week. I feel safe. I wish I could get my H to go to the Lords house and find peace for a brief moment.<P>I am sorry for the long post, but this thread is something has been needed for a long time. I think it will be very beneificial for everyone, and what a wonderful way to share your love of the Lord and your belief in Miracles. <P>If we could, when a prayer is answered, please post them here. For those of us looking for brighter days, it will help to know that our praryers are helping you<P>To all of you out there, God Bless<P>

T
T
Oh, Father, In Jesus Name I come before you in your throne room.<P>Lord God, you say that the angels rejoice when a sinner comes to you and repents and turns from sin to look and serve you. I thank you for your complete forgiveness, and that you see Dawn through Jesus eyes. I thank you that you tenderly are with her, and give her Your Stength. I thank you Lord, for the blessings of her children.<P>Father, please help Dawn to feel your wings as a mother hen covers her chicks. Please Lord, let her know that if God is for her, then who can be against her. Lord, let her please God, not man.<P>Lord God, I pray that you would put a hedge of angels around her, that she would be protected because of the blood of Jesus, and her children. Thank you Lord because she is your child, that her entire household will come to know you, and serve you, and will use their hands to demonstrate your mercy.<P>Lord God, I ask for a special touch for Dawn's DH. I ask you to help him love you, know you, have your mercy. Please give him a spirit of forgiveness.<P>In Jesus name I pray,<BR>Amen

C
C
Dear Dawn,<BR>I carefully read your post and prayed along also. Hold on and know that forgiving is pretty easy but forgetting usually takes a lot of time, yet time does make it better. I think often that God is the only One Who can toss our sins away and truly forget them. But, thank God He can!!!<P>Heavenly Father I ask You to forgive us of our sins. Lord, I lift Dawn up to You asking that You give her insight from You for the healing of her marriage. I lift her husband up to You and askYou to give him peace within and a strong desire to build a sweet and loving relationship with his wife. Lord, I ask you to minister as only You can to the children which Dawn lifts up here in her heart. Lord I know our sight is 'in part', but Your sight is perfect. I ask You to preform Your will in this marriage and I ask You to cause the enemy to flee. Please give Dawn and her household peace of mind and common sense goals to reach for in Your will. And Father, I speak Your calm stillness for this family... we thank You for Your answers! All these things we pray in the Holy Precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 968 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation