Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
ZZZ4991 Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
My H & I need your prayers. We are in recovery from an A. My H is currently unemployed and has been since we began recovery about 3.5 months.<P>His self-esteem is dropping every day and his anger and frustration is increasing. He was employed at my family?s business and when the A blew up and I caused a scene at work he was terminated. He has worked at the business for 23 years as a manager and had been compensated at a fairly high level. He has a HS education but has a tremendous amount of knowledge, practical sense, high level of dedication and great work ethics.<P>He feels that he was terminated unjustly and feels that the business owes him a position. He feels further betrayed because it is my immediate family and that if it were possible for us to move away, or not have to see my family that it would be easier for him to accept. This is not possible right now because I am active at the same business.<P>Not only has this situation been difficult, but also the entire company knows what has transpired and the sales force has conveyed the A and any personal problems that they may have had with my H to anyone who he has interviewed with. I heard this through a 3rd party.<P>I feel as though I am caught in a catch 22 and don?t know any way out. The only one that can help me now is God. I know that it was God that brought my H back from the A and I know that it was God who helped my H see that he needed to recommit to his wife and children. <P>Please pray for us.

D
D
I am sorry for your painful situation.I will uplift you in my prayers.

Z
ZZZ4991 Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Thank you I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Z
ZZZ4991 Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Thank you I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

A
A
ZZZ, It is very encouraging to me that you have shared your story here. It always blesses me to hear that a marrige is in recovery. I look forward to the day I can post that my husband has returned home and that we are recommitting ourselves to our marriage. <P>After reading your post yesterday I was unsettled to hear that you are continuing to work at the place where your husband was let go because his infidelity had been uncovered. My concern is that you are in a house divided because you are working there and your husband is not welcome back. <P>Satan does not have any new tricks. He WILL work even harder to come against your marriage because he doesn't want you to have a testimony that will encourage others (like me!). It seems that this division will allow a foothold in your relationship. You said that your husband's anger is increasing. It can only be magnified each time you step out the door to go and work there.<P>You said you feel like your in a catch 22. Its just a thought that you could be aggrevating your husband's frustration this way. Watchout for satan. You have a huge target on your back...he wants to destroy your testimony.<P>Focus on the Lord...seek the wisdom in the Word...if you have not been to the <A HREF="http://www.restorem.org" TARGET=_blank>www.restorem.org</A> web site then I highly recommned you get the book and the workbook. This material will help you to become the wife God intended you to be for your husband. This will bless you both!! <P>YSIC, Mrs. A

Z
ZZZ4991 Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Allan's Rib<P>Thank you for your concern. I too feel that my continued employment here is causing additional stress on our marriage however until my H finds stable employment I can not terminate my employment here.<P>We have 3 kids 10,8,& 5 and like everyone else have bills to pay. Once he has a steady job, I beleive that I will begin to search for different employment.<P>I too hope that you will be able to one day say that your H has returned home and that you are rebuilding your marriage. I will visit the website that you suggest and see if it will be of assistance to me.<P>Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation