Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
J
Hi Knight,
I've been hoping for an update! Sorry you haven't heard from your wife yet.<p>Hey, being tired is not a sin. Remember how Jesus called his disciples to him after their first gospel trip and told them to rest a while? Remember the story of David, when some of the army could go no further? David told them to stay where they were and wait for him, and gave them a share of the booty despite the outcry of those who went through the battle - because they had faithfully done as much as they could. Remember when the disciples came in after a night's fishing, and found Jesus waiting for them with a nice fire and bread, honey and wine, and how Jesus took some of their fish, cleaned and cooked them? <p>You are doing what you can. Be sure that God is faithful. Also, God's ways are not our ways, His thoughts are not our thoughts. So His plan for salvation may be different from yours. You heard His word that you would see his salvation in 2 months, that's 3 days from now. But it may not be what you were expecting.<p>Love in Christ, and prayers,
JSO

L
L
Hi Knight, I couldnt of made it without the Lord, even close. I did collapse and couldnt get out of bed, lost my job, house and everything and ended up homeless and God provided a LOT!!! of peace and food during this time, then gave me the best job, pay and all I ever had and I woke up one day and didnt know how i really got thru it all except that the Lord brought me thru it all, and He still has to. Im going thru some tough times again with not knowing where my W is again for a month now. She has manic depression, so she is very unstable. We dated this last year and ive been supportive of her getting help and treatment, then she flipped again. I just have to remember God made her and He is the one that is going to have to watch and heal her. Im still learning that i cant. This is a very tough road, but you cant help but grow close to God. <p>The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.Ps34:18
Mark

K
OP Offline
K
JSO,<p>Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. You are right, we don't always know what Gods words mean when He speaks. I still am waiting to see what exactly He meant, it still could be what I am hoping and praying for, but it is hard not to look at it more doubtfully. I sure do appreciate your insight. Tonight I went and hung out with a buddy of mine whiles my Mom watched the kids. It was good to get out, but everything reminded me of my wife. <p>Mark (lostpup),
Your testamony of Gods faithfulness is encouraging. I want to learn the lessons of life with out going through such humbling times. I do know that God will be with me every step of the way. <p>Blessings to you,
knight

S
S
Knight, it is certainly no ones wish to go through the humbling, but it is so worth it in the long run. I wouldn't change a thing, because of my relationship with Jesus being so much better than I could ever dream of. Although the WH has no contact with me, I know the Lord is working on him this minute, and every day. He will not give up on my WH, as He will not give up on anyone! Praise HIM !!! My heart aches for each person that is going through this type of mess, I wish I could help each one, but that's the Lord's job, I can pray though! YOu can certainly see the enemy at work all over these pages, and I pray that God will put a hedge of protection around each person under attack, that He may give them discernment, peace and wisdom to deal with each situation.
Take care,

L
L
KM, No one acually likes to be humbled. Its no fun. But as Monika said, it is worth it when you start to look at how close you grow to the Lord. Yes I still have my days when i tell the Lord it isnt worth it, but thats my wounded soul talking and not my spirit. There is a difference. The enemy can manipulate our feelings and lie thru our souls, but not our spirit if Jesus is in our hearts. We have to constantly ask Jesus to take our minds captive. His word is the truth and the enemy constantly tries to tell us it isnt thru circumstances. Thats why the Lord warns us not to trust in our feelings and circumstances.
I usually have to realize no matter how it all looks, its in Gods hands and He knows best whether we think so or not.
May His name be glorified in all our situations here.IJNA
Mark

K
OP Offline
K
Monika and Mark,<p>I thank you both for the encouraging words. Most of the time I can rejoice in persecution. I know that it is the letting go process that causes the most pain, because when Jesus has the situation I don't feel the pain. I also know that I need to rejoice in all circumstances, to be thankful in all situations for He is in control, even when I don't feel in like I am in control. If I can dwell on the negative a bit longer it has been stressful with taxes and the guy I have working for me is always complaining, I've been a little out of sorts. Praise the Lord that I have the money that I owe to Uncle Sam. He (Jesus) is worthy to be praised. <p>I went out for coffee last night with a friend (male) in the uptown area, a spirit of lust kept coming up on me. The good thing though was that I found myself often praying for my wife. I was also longing to be with her. God is very good and I know that no matter which way life will turn I know that my friendship with Him will always last.<p>Blessings to you,
knight

L
L
KM, we all struggle with the flesh. It isnt a special spirit that makes us want to you know. For me, i think some of my struggle is unforgivness, in that I will get back at her for being with another. Along the way I have given into this and was convicted real hard. I reaped what i have sewn and lost a good job over my sin.<p>Your W is in the middle east and doesnt know how she got there? Sounds like she has manic depression(bipolar) like my W. I will be praying for you and her. Its all in Gods hands.
Mark

J
J
Knight, how are you doing? <p>Hey, the flesh is not evil! God created us male and female, with natural drives and longings. It's what we do with those that is either good or evil... you're young, you've been alone quite a while now, you're bound to react physically to the presence of women....<p>Lifting you,
JSO

S
S
From a woman's point of view, when my H left, I didn't know how I would handle the sexual part of my life. So I prayed to the Lord to remove any sexual desires, and He has done so. Of course, we must put ourselves out of harms way, for eg. if you are watching a movie or TV, fast forward, or flip the channel when any type of lustful scene comes on the screen, ( there is alot of channel flipping with todays tv programming! ) He will help us, but we still have to do our part. If we see a member of the opposite sex, and we are tempted in our minds, we need to pray to the Lord to remove the desire right then and there, as we know the devil loves to get us in our weakest moments. Maybe as a woman, it is easier for me, I don't know. But i do know that the Lord has truly healed me of any lustful desires for anyone other than my H.
Also, with the doubts that come in, if the Lord has given you assurance about your marriage, trust Him, He will see it through. It is really hard to let go and let God, but we must!

K
OP Offline
K
Lostpup, JSO, and Monika,<p>Thanks for helping me tolerate this weak time in my life. I thank the Lord that I have not fallen and that He will continue to give me the strength as I call on Him. You all are so good to me.<p>I don't recall if I wrote this down before, but I just found out that we(I) will have to pay a fine of $13 a day for every day that WW has been there illegally, which is probably 3 or 4 months. Sin is soooo expensive. I know that God is providing. You all bring me encouragement and joy when I know you all care.<p>Monika, you are right that we need to do our part in keeping our heart, mind and life out of sin. I don't know if it is easier for women than men, I've never been a woman. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] God is good.<p>Blessings to you all,
knight

J
J
Knight, you're sounding good!! You never used to joke before... nice quips there.<p>Hang in. Only God can move now, so take this chance to rest and recharge, enjoy the view and love your kids. And know that He who is faithful is holding you in His hand.

K
OP Offline
K
Thanks JSO,<p>I think that it is just from hanging around all the nice people hear on MB that are going through their own problems that help me, well all of us to better handle life "in the real world". You are an encouragement to me, thanks.<p>knight

L
L
13 bucks a day isnt that bad... It could be worse, she could have a gambling problem. I can laugh about these things now. I wont go into the cost of my lenthy seperation. It could take my eyes off of Jesus. The Lord has allowed this all for a reason.
Dear Lord, I pray you return KM's W from the middle east soon and start the restoration process of their marriage. Give KM your peace during this trial, and may this bottom his W has hit turn her heart compleatly to you Lord.
IJNA

S
S
Amen to that,Lost pup! I agree with your prayer. In Jesus name!
Hey Knight, the Lord will supply all your needs even if it was $300.- a day. When my H left, I was only working partime, and today I honestly don't know where the $$ came from to get me through that year! But all got looked after, and although I gave up the credit cards, and had to live on very little $ , I got through! It made me a much stronger person, and now the Lord has given me my own business, and I don't have to scrimp so much anymore! I'm by no means rich, but I can live without worrying about paying the rent etc... Boy when the Lord wants you to trust Him, He sure knows how to get you there! God Bless and keep you and your children, and may he keep your W protected and bring her home safely.
Have a good and Godly day!
Monika

S
S
Check out this link, it's called "Husbands and Wives = THe Marriage Covenant"
a good read....
http://www.family.org/married/comm/A0017718.cfm<p>Monika [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

K
OP Offline
K
You guys are soo cool.<p>Thanks for the prayer and the agreement in prayer, where 2 or more are gathered.... right? Right. <p>Tonight at church a friend of mine was having herself a pity party and I shared with her the $13 dollars a day and she cheered right up, both of us had a hearty laugh about it. Her H was amazed that I was able to get her in a good mood. <p>To God be the glory.<p>Blessings to you all,
knight

F
F
Hey, Knight..just checking in on you.<p>(nice to "see" you, Lostpup..still praying for you, too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] )<p>Isn't it awesome to know there are WAY more than 2 gathered in agreement in Jesus' name for the Ms represented here?<p>Lord, we ask for a season of miracles in marriages...restoration, healing, KM's W's safe return, rebuilt relationships between families and seekers and Yourself. We need You, Lord. Nothing is too difficult for You. Thank You for being Strength for our friends here. Amen.

S
S
Hey folks, I could sure use some prayer today.
I had a dream about my H last night, not something that happens very often. I have found it difficult to pray for him in the past 6 months or more, and I know it is selfish, but I found myself getting too sad when I did. I asked my e-prayer chain to pray for him and for me to be able to pray for him again, and this morning I actually did for the first time in ages. It felt good, but of course the devil is not very happy about it, and I have had a really bad day. I found myself remembering way too much of the bad stuff, and prayed the Lord would not allow me to think of these things, but it has definately affected me. I know something must be going on in his life, as I am often prompted to pray for him, I just don't get to find out, as we have no contact. Please pray for him as well, he has been running from the Lord for the last 8 years, and I know the Lord has His mighty hand on him, but this not knowing what's up with him is tough.
Anyway, I thank you in advance for your prayers.
God bless each of you!
Moni

L
L
I also had a dream Monika about my W. It was weird, like America had fallen. The enemy tries so hard to get our eyes off Jesus and on to circumstances, esspecially after prayer. I will be praying for you Monika.
Hi Fresh start. Hope all is well with you. Im starting to wish I lived in Canada...
KM, Its encouraging to others when we share our struggles. Sometimes we forget, brothers and sisters throughout the world struggle as we do or worse. When im on a pity party, I share with a friend that makes my troubles look like nothing, and I accept her rebuke, and believe me I get one, and it does help me get my eyes back on Jesus and thats where I find peace. It is the only place these days. You are all in my prayers.
Mark

K
OP Offline
K
Freshstart,
It is good to "see" you again also. sounds like things are going well on your end. You are always an encouragement to me, you are an example of God's grace to me that all hope is not lost.<p>Monika,
Both my mc and I had a dream about his Mom (my w) last night. In the morning during devotions he asked the Lord to make his dream come true; I love hearing kids pray. I don't often dream about my w anymore but when I do it is always about her being home and the family restored. I can certainly relate to the easier not to pray thing, when we let up the enemy backs off, and when we pray he comes in. I see his plan, why don't I find the strength to press through? Retorical question. I too am praying for you and your H.<p>Mark,
So good to hear from another man facing the same stuggles, though my prayer is that yours ends soon also. God is so good to us, He gives me the strength when I need it. I will seek Him tonight.<p>Blessings and prayers to you all,
knight

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation