Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
F
KM, Monika, Lostpup..<p>Mark-you touched on something. Life goes on around us. Our city and our country just lost 4 good men in Afghanistan. Your country has lost good soldiers not just in this combat but others. Our hearts go out to brothers and sisters in the middle East conflict. It can be so overwhelming.<p>Isn't it a mystery that God is able to comfort each of us individually with all that faces us every day? A mystery for which we give thanks.<p>Even in adversity, He births goodness...like KM and Lostpup finding one another for mutual encouragement and support and Monika being able to share and what inspires and amazes me about the prayer request forum is the unseen army of intercessors who cry out to God in private and never even tell us who they are but we see change..our hope is renewed.<p>My heart goes out to you each tonight. May His answers for you come quickly now.

S
S
Thankyou all for your prayers! Interesting Knight, that your dreams are the same as mine. I don't dream about my WH much, but when I have I have received dreams of the Lord I'm sure, as they are so real, and vivid. They are also about him coming home, always! It's also interesting that we are all dreaming about our S's at this time.
I am so grateful to see that I am not alone in believing in my marriage, and wanting to have it restored no matter what the circumstances.
I am at the moment contemplating whether or not to call my sister in law, telling her that I dreamt about her, and finding out what's going on without making it look too obvious. In my dream I dreamt that I had called her, and she told me that my H was split up with the OW and was broken up about it. I would love to know it has really happened! But I know that if I do call her and she doesn't mention that, but the opposite, it will just bring me down again. So I don't know!
It is so hard not knowing what is going on in his life! In some ways it is easier, but when the Lord puts him on my heart to pray for, I can't help but want to be a fly on the wall!
Well Gentlemen, thankyou again for your prayers, I will catch up with you in a day or so...
God Bless you all, Moniak

K
OP Offline
K
Freshstart,
It is always good to hear from you. Check out my new post. It is really neat to know that the Lord is able to comfort us individually at the same time, exactly how we need it.<p>Monika,
You also encourage me in that you are standing for your M. Do you have any type of support or prayer groups that relate to you in your area. Dreams are so wierd, I often don't know what to think of them either. Generally I take it as a hint just to pray harder, because when I don't things seem to go opposite. I don't know if that is what you have found also.<p>Blessings to you, knight

S
S
Hi Knight! Yes I have some wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ that are praying for myself and my H. Although those who I know are separated, are going for divorce. I do all I can to try to disuade them ,but it doesn't seem to help. Today I took my niece to DQ for lunch, and as we were there, I saw a man and his three children there, I felt sad, just knowing that it was probably from a broken up family, and then another came in with two boys, my heart just grieves for the broken family, and angers me too.
I think wow, if it gets me like this, what does it do to the Lord's heart?
As far as the dreams go, I think you're right, I know I can go weeks, even months without thinking too much about my H, but then all of a sudden wammo! I can't stop thinking about him! That's when I know he needs prayer!
Well, I pray that our S's hearts will soon hear that still small voice that will not give up on them, and they may join this awesome family we have! Well have a wonderful Sunday, and may you and your children have blessings galore!
God Bless you!
Monika

K
OP Offline
K
Thsnks Monika,<p>I know what you mean out seeing broken up families and how it angers and saddens me too. But it was good to acknowledge that this breaks the Lords heart more than ours. I started to read "The Bruised Reed" it a puritan book from the 1600s. It was given to me months ago, but as I read Mt 12 Jesus quotes the verse from Isaiah from which this book is written, I felt urged to start to read it. So far the book is pretty good, I need to get used to the use of the english language used in it tho. <p>You too have a blessed day,
knight

L
L
It saddens me also to see so many split up families and celebraties bragging about how happy that they are now that they got a divorce, etc. Whats even sadder is I see so many of Gods children splitting up. So many excuses. Most of it comes down to lack of forgivness. The fundamental truth of the cross! I have no doubt we live in the ends of time, for the love of most has grown very cold. Im talking Christians. I pray that us here can truly be lights in this dark world. Somebodies got to be...
Mark

K
OP Offline
K
Amen. I totally agree with you Mark. Stand as salt and light in a dark and perverse world.

S
S
Praise the Lord, where two or more agree.....
Isn't it good to know that He hears our prayers?
God Bless, Monika

L
L
Yes Monika, It is great that the Lord hears our prayers. God has never changed, even though our circumstances do. God is not a lier, so we can take Him at His Word. I praise God for the encouragment I have here with my brothers and sisters. No weapon formed againts us shall prevail. That includes the mighty weapon of time.
Mark

K
OP Offline
K
God is good to us, though through our circumstances we sometimes don't see or feel God, He is there. I was just thinking about the great cloud of witnesses that cheers us on, I am getting excited about my trial right now. I am encouraged because He is on my/our side.<p>knight

S
S
That's the spirit! Why let the devil get us down, when the Lord is in control of it all!
He is still moving stones today, and we must just wait for ours to be moved! With constant prayer and praise to Him. God Bless all of you!
Monika [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

L
L
KM, If God is for us, who can be against us. The forces that are againts us, are God creation. He use's the enemy for His purpose's, otherwise He would of wiped him out with a breath.
God will work out all things(good and bad) for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose.
Monika, You are building great treasure's in heaven. Ive always known God can restore any marriage. Its always been a matter of how long could I acually wait on Him to do so. God has been faithful, even when I am not. I have tried to give up with all my own strenth more than once. I always lost all my peace, after the false peace settled, and found it hard to face the Lord. There were a few times when I heard Gods small still voice say, Who told you to give up? Its not about giving up on our WM's or marriages, Its about giving up on God and making a statement that our situations are to great for even God to handle. Thats not the truth, and now that I know the truth, I am accountable for it. <p>Dear Lord, I pray that you would encourage us here more each day. I pray for a closer relationship with you Lord. If there are things in our hearts that need to be dealt with, expose them and heal us. I lift our WM's up to you and plead mercy for them as you turn their hearts back to you fully and to us, their mates. May your name be glorified.
In Jesus name, Amen

F
F
Lostpup, it is SO GOOD to hear you praising God like that!<p>Just want to encourage you all--keep believing.<p>Mark, you said God is doing about to do something wonderful in restoring Ms. My friend shared something so neat with me last night. She is married but her H is not a believer. He has some big issues and Friend is totally sold out to Jesus--she is putting so much baggage behind her and pressing in to God's goodness!<p>She has been married for over 30 years and suddenly the other night, she looks into her H's face and notices something special about them for the first time--ever! His eyes are brown but have this lovely outline of blue.<p>Reminds me of a beautiful hymn (my H's favorite): Something lives in every hue Christless eyes have never seen.<p>Look for God's beauty as He draws you close and comforts you and brings your healing to each one.<p>He loves you so much. Amen--IF God is for us, WHO can possibly be against us? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

K
OP Offline
K
Yaaaaa, [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>It is great to serve the risen Lord. You all are an encouragement to me. Praise the Lord!!! \o/<p>knight

S
S
The Lord is most assuredly among us here, as the tears well up in my eyes, with each posting I read...
Thankyou for your open-ness!
I have been writing on another page as well, and have just posted what the Lord has done in my life through all these trials, If you wish to read it go to Plan A/Plan B 'ONE DAY AT A TIME' posted today.
page 5. God Bless you all!
Monika<p>[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Monika ]</p>

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation