Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#341767 07/23/02 11:01 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I have been requesting prayer for my marriage to be restored....

Denny and I were talking for a little while and he even came to my church twice. But Friday, he called me to tell me he just can't give me what I want. I am not sure why he felt he had to tell me that. He doesn't think we can even try to be friends. I have not pressured him and I wait for him to contact me. So this confuses me.
Please continue to pray for me and my marriage.

Barb

#341768 07/23/02 05:52 PM
L
L
Hi Barb, It sounds like H isnt ready to give his life compleatly to the Lord. Deep in his heart he knows he has too because the Holy Spirit has been prompting that, but the enemy has sewn fear into him. You are in my prayers.
Mark

#341769 07/23/02 10:37 PM
S
S
need prayer for stressful stepfam situation ,wife has 2 boys from 1st marriage have girl together,boys in fl with bio dad, left me on bad terms, meeting them for vaca soon, giving me cold shoulder now,another year of choas!!!!!!

#341770 07/24/02 06:16 AM
L
L
Hey Barb,

You have been faithful to pray and believe God. I am so proud of your stand.

Mark is exactly right, Denny continues to run....he moves toward God, then runs away again!! He is believing the lies of the devil that it "can't" work between you. He will be broken down even more, till he has NO CHOICE but to return to God and his M!

Remember satan works even harder when he sees one moving toward God. Denny is fighting a spiritual battle, without any real "tools" - but you have the tools. Continue to pray for him, and keep YOUR eyes on Jesus. Don't let him pull you away with his swaying back and forth.

You emailed me a wonderful prayer. Have you continued to pray it over him? Pray it every day till he comes home!

Father, please hear the pleas of Barb, and work in the heart of her H, Denny. Father, turn Denny's heart back to You. Lord Jesus, open his eyes, show him You Love him, You died for him, and You want him to enter into Your Rest. Speak quietly in his heart that he needs to turn back to the *wonderful thing* - his W - that you have given him, that he continues to try to throw away.
Thank You, Lord, for allowing us to come boldly to Your Throne, believing you desire all Good Things for us.

Take care, and God Bless.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 845 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation