Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#349032 08/27/04 11:35 AM
T
tmom Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Why doesn't anyone use this forum? It could be a good one!

Anyways I was just looking for some ideas, it has been awhile since I have had a good romantic date.

My bf is so difficult, I asked him, If you were going to die in 6 months what would you want to to do before you died? He said I am dying, I won't have any money or time or strength to do anything!

I tried to explain to him that I just wanted to know if he had any dreams any hopes, that he wanted to do before he died. He said no.

I don't understand how could he not want to do anything? Is he just denying his own wants? Then he never asks if there is anything I would like to do. Even if he did I would probably feel bad now because there are lots of things that I want to do.

The point IS how am I supposed to do anything when he doesn't give me any hints about what he wants? Are there any universal romantic/ sexual things that all guys want? Any ideas would be nice. I am really trying but he not giving me much to go on!

#349033 08/28/04 04:03 PM
C
C
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are there any universal romantic/ sexual things that all guys want?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope. I feel your frustration. Nothing more annoying than trying to please someone who can't give you any clue what they like.

#349034 09/17/04 08:31 PM
I have a husband who is just very content by nature. Fortunately, one of my emotional needs was for consistency. But, that means they are pretty much always happy, seldom express needs, and you never really feel lik eyou know when you hit a "home run" with them.

I've found that turning off the tv has been the greatest way for us to end up talking about things we'd like to do together and make mutual plans. I always have to pray about it and let the Lord arrange times were it's his idea. My simply asking seldom works.

Good luck!

L
L
Well if there's nothing he wants to experience, show him the things you want to experience. If you want to go skydiving, arrange to go skydiving. horseback riding, go horseback riding. Show him and yourself a good time.
I found that those sexy board games are a lot of fun and is a relatively inexspensive date that can be used again and again to create many romantic memories. the board game 'Sensations' is a really fun game and gives you lots of romance coupons to win. very recommended.

I
I
I have the exact oppisite problem. I've done almost everything on my Very long list (Sky diving included VERY Recommended)I've wanted to do in my life already. My wife hates this. The only 2 things left on my list are to be a father (She's pregnant BTW) and ride a moutain bike across every continent. I found this out because one night she said "If you could do anything in the world no matter how crazy what would it be?" You could try and phrase it that way?

N
N
Are there any universal romantic/ sexual things that all guys want?

yes
blow jobs

R
RMW Offline
R
nope, sorry nicname. I met and married the weirdest man I think I've ever known. He didn't even like blow jobs!!! I still think he was sick in the head. He didn't like giving oral sex either. And I've since learned it wasn't me - it was him. Boy was that a relief. We were married for four years, in which he managed to completely drive away any self-confidence I had in myself sexually. Thankfully, I've gotten it back; with a lot stronger standing inside this time. With all the men I've recently noticed watching me over the past few months, all the things my xbf told me finally sank in. Now if I feel like it I can go out and flirt like I used to try to do with my xh. None of the guys tell me I'm dirty for it. That's the way my xh always made me feel for wanting to give and receive oral sex. Thank God he lives a state away from me now!!!!!!!!!
RMW

RMW #349039 06/22/07 02:52 AM
M
M
I have a hubby who is happy by nature as well. He dosent like any sexual things out of the ordinary which thankfully neither do I.

But I do try new things.. just to see if he'd like it, you dont know til you try it.

WHat if you make a list of things you like and ask him to circle a few he'd like to experience with you?

Me - 26 & Hubby - 27
In Love since 10/99
Married 6/01' - love our 2 sons ages 4 & 6
Problem: Communicating & Making Time for Our Marriage.
Status: Started Recovery June 11, 2007 -Our marriage is happier & stronger then ever - It's been a year and we are SUCCESSFUL!

Completely head over heels in love with my romantic hubby
A
A
Are there any universal romantic/ sexual things that all guys want?

yes
blow jobs

I have to agree, and not just the one for his b-day either

Me-39 Wife-38 Son-13 Son-11 Aniv-3-26-94
H
H
I can tell you a couple of the best things my wife did; unfortunately it was years ago and I would love a repeat.

She was waiting at home stretched across the bed in a cute teddy with a garter belt, candles bottle of wine. (extremely romantic night )

There was also the time we went out to dinner and she had this very cute dress, spun turned…slight part of her legs (WOW) she teased me all dinner (made for great anticipation when we got home.

P.S. the AsuDad only thought of the ending not the beginning and everything in-between.

Help Less Romantic, Confused but still in Love!

The story of Help Less Romantic

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation