Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
LindyKay, I thought of you when I read this. (It also spoke volumes to me):<P>N E I L A N D E R S O N D A I L Y D E V O T I O N A L<P>from Freedom in Christ Ministries<P>January 20<P>THE WILL OF GOD<P>If any man is willing to do His will, he shall know of the teaching, whether it is of God, or whether I speak from Myself (John 7:17).<P>Knowing the will of God is not just a twentieth-century problem.<BR>People were struggling at the time of Christ. Some people were saying of Him, "He's a good man." Others were saying, "He leads the multitude astray" (see John 7:12). How could these people know whether He was leading them into truth?<P>Seizing the opportunity, Jesus set forth standards of divine guidance. His first admonition was, "My teaching is not Mine, but<BR>His who sent Me. If any man is willing to do His will, he shall know of the teaching, whether it is of God, or whether I speak<BR>from Myself" (John 7:16, 17). The essential prerequisite to know the will of God, according to Jesus, is a willingness to do it. <P>What is the will of God? God's will for those who believe in Him is to be alive in Christ for the purpose of establishing His<BR>kingdom by overcoming the evil one and becoming fully the people He has called us to be. Notice the opening words of the Lord's<BR>Prayer: "Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven"<BR>(Matthew 6:9, 10). When praying this prayer, we are asking for God's will to be accomplished on earth as it presently is in<BR>heaven. Apparently God's will is being perfectly executed in heaven but not on earth.<P>Are you totally committed to do God's will without knowing for sure what it is? Do you hold any reservations about turning your<BR>will over to God? Do you really believe that God's will for you is good, acceptable and perfect (Romans 12:2)? If God is God and<BR>you call Him Lord, doesn't He have the right to exercise His will in your life?<P>Father, may Your will be accomplished in my thoughts, words and deeds today as it is being accomplished in heaven.<P>---------------------------------------------<BR>

L
L
That did hit home, that was very good.<P>Thank you.<P>To see if this marriage can go any farther, do you think I should talk to my husband about his drinking to see if he is willing to talk about it? How can we move on if nothing is ever talked about?<P>

A
OP Offline
A
Hi Lindykay, I just saw your note and thought I would try to answer you. Before you say anything to your h about his drinking, pray, pray, and pray some more about it. For my situation, the Lord has led me to NOT say anything, and leave the convicting about his drinking up to Him. I have been praying for deliverance for my h from alcoholism and have seen some signs of God's hand..... my husband has recently started mentioning how much money he could be saving if he cut back on drinking and smoking cigarettes. THANK YOU LORD. Another answer to prayer was that my H's boss stopped buying beer for the workers and put an end to them having alcohol in their work vehicles. I had been praying for the Lord to intervene and HE DID. <P>The Lord may want you to say something, that is between you and the Lord. Do what you feel led by God to do. May the Lord speak to your heart Lindy and bring you an answer quickly.<P>God bless,<BR>AW

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation