Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39605 12/08/99 09:22 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hey, Buddy!<P>Glad to see you posting every now and then! How are things in Carrollton? Is the new house working out well?<P>You haven't seen RJR #2 aka Interplanet Janet around recently, have you?<P>Hope things are going well with you and W (and it seems like they are from your post on the male betrayed thread).<P>Just wanted to say "Howdy."<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

Y
Y
Errrrr....ditto! <P>Nuff said! Let us know what's goin' on, Cowboy Dan.<P>DMac

R
R
Hi Guys!<P>all these neat little icons to use these days... <P>So nice to see you here...Lonestar, Broken, Dunc (hi Suse!!)...can't find where you posted Broken...but hope all is well...<P>Things are going ok here...'Bill' is still working like crazy but is putting the pieces together to switch jobs..encouraging there...<P>I have been working like mad too...every nite since last Friday when our main server crashed and I've been trying to help restore it...work has been so demanding for me as well...<P>Still stop by here from time to time...put usually don't have the time to write and most often don't know what to say...<P>Hope each of your holidays are great!...<P>take care!<P>Interplanet Janet [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Y
OP Offline
Y
Hey!<P>Glad to see y'all around here! Dunc, it's been a while. Janet, it's been even LONGER!<P>Glad to hear that Bill is getting things prepared so he can move to another job. Nothing like a job-change to kickstart the old motor!<P>Mine is working out great. I do travel a little, but it hasn't been bad recently. Petunia is tickled pink with life in Austin. We like it here a lot. Very nice place to live.<P>How are things with y'all? Duncky, you still trottin' around the country all the time? Suse must love it when you're able to take her with you. I saw her "pontification" this morning and thought it was right good readin'! She's a smart gal. Lucky you got yer hooks in her when you did! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Janet, glad to hear you pop in occasionally. I generally go in spurts. I'll hang around and post a bunch for a while, and then step away for a while. I've been back actively posting for a few weeks now, but I'm gettin' ready to taper off a little. Got a big few weeks comin' up with the job and with some personal stuff going on on the weekends.<P>Y'all be sure to keep in touch!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

K
K
Hey Lonestar! Hey RJR!<P>Lonestar,<P>Are you confusing me with "Broken"? Or did Broken also recently buy a house in Carrollton???<P>Things are going well for the W & I. We're all moved in but are still doing some "tweaking" & decorating to the house (but I now see that will always be going on to some degree). <P>I still have "moments" where everything comes to the surface & I think about it all. It still hurts and the memories, although not as sharp & stinging, are still all too clear. <P>I guess the holiday times sort of make you think about things. Plus for us, it is not just X-mas & the New Year, but Jan 2 is also our first wedding anniversary. So that sort of kicks you in the butt and makes you think too. <P>"Wow", what a first year. It started off good, but then it got real, real, real messed up with a quickness. However, it has steadily improved in the second half and is ending well. You know, I've had people say that the first year of marriage is tough, but I had no idea it would be anything like this. But it makes you think that if we got through this muck right off the bat, then the future should not as big of a problem.<P>And I when I still see people like Sir Hurts A Lot still here and still in the throws off this awful disease, I think how fortunate we are to have somehow succeeded.<P>I hope that you and your W are doing fine and that you guys are getting settled in down there in Austin. If I don't talk to you before then, Happy Holidays and talk to you in the year 2000!<P>Janet,<P>I see your your job is keeping you busy! I hope that you & your hubby have a great Holiday too! Enjoy the season and try to spend some quality time with that man of yours.<P>Thanks for all the advice over the year. You guys were a tremendous help!<P>Take care, and I'll pop by to chat later.<P>Knifed<P>P.S. Go Cowboys! (They need it!)

N
N
Hey Y'all!!<P>LS...I think I didn't make myself clear to you...my brother lives in McKinney(close to Carrollton and just bought a house)...but for me....<P>I'm right down the road from you!!! I live in San Antonio. In fact I have a couple of lawyer buddies that practice in Austin.<P>Wouldn't it be kinda funny if my W and I have already run into you and Petunia and just passed on by? We go shopping in San Marcos and N.B. every now and then.<P>We are doing great. Sounds just about like your story. She has made amends and is really working on the marriage. She did finally get diagnosed with "dysthemia(sp)" which is the chronic, low-level depression. That is exactly what I thought and I thank God that she finally went to the Doc. <P>She got on some ant-deps and is a major supporter of them now. She has told me that she now knows that she has been depressed since her early teens. Says that she can't believe that she feels "normal" now. Said that she has never been happy and now finally after all of these years she does. Doc thinks it is because of the situation that she grew up in and that she does have depression running in her family. <P>I can't tell you how much our life has changed. Before, she said that she was so miserable all her life and had so much anger that she wanted everyone to feel that way. She didn't like people to be happy around her. She says now that she was searching all her life just for temporary happiness and that the affair was probably one of those times. She is just soooo remorseful now and actually hates to fight!!! Believe me, that is a change. I am just so happy that she finally saw a Doc.<P>It is going well for the both of us. We are looking so forward to the Holidays. She was in her "fog" last year and it wasn't too much fun. She keeps saying that she is so ready for the new year. She calls '99 the "YEAR OF MISTAKES". <P>Glad to hear from you!!! Sounds like y'all are doing great too. Man, y'all really helped me during that time and I am FOREVER greatful....keep in touch!!<P>Hey Janet and everyone!!!<P>Sounds like all of the vets are doing well also....See Janet...I knew you could make it and I kinda getting emotional sitting here typing this. We all have seen Hell and have returned. Just keep loving your husband and he will do the same. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!<P>I told my wife that when we get on-line at home that I think she could really help by posting here and I think now that she might. The people here are wonderful!!<P>God, I've typed so much that I can't remember who else posted and I can't see the article anymore...well y'all just post back!!!

Y
OP Offline
Y
Knifed & Broken:<P>Acckkkk! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I just realized, when I noticed both of you had replied to my post, that I'd gotten your names and stories mixed up!<P>I remember, Broken, that you're in San Antonio, and that Knifed is in Carrollton, but for some reason, the wires crossed and I kinda reversed the names and locations! <P>Don't I feel like an idiot now!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just call me L.S., the wacky lawyer!<P>Glad you both responded. Been wondering how you guys are.<P>Broken, since we're so close to each other now, we have GOT to get together and have a beer. I just got a case in San Antonio, and I'm sure I'll have to drive down there a few times in the coming months.<P>Knifed, when I'm up in Dallas, you'll have to come have a beer with me too. I go up there all the time nowadays.<P><P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

N
N
Hey LS...<P>Sorry for the delay...<P>That sounds great!! When your ready just post here and will work out the details...<P>Won't that be wierd?!!!!<P>Have a good one and don't work too hard!!!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,093 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation