Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
No question about it. Yes he would.

L
L
In all honesty, yes, I think he would. Would it have lasted? I don't know. She couldn't keep her first H from having an A. She is rather needy and selfish IMO, but then again, so my H has been also lately. It, too, was a "why didn't we get together in HS" relationship. She's actually in a lot of ways a lot like me. Friendly, personable, affects an air of independence, perky. Of course, she married right out of HS. Her H cheated on her shortly before we got married. She turned to my H for comfort. My H told her that she needed to work on her marriage because he felt that to commit adultery would be a terrible sin. Funny, how he forgot his own advice when he was married and she was divorced. Logically, I think the relationship wouldn't have worked in the end, but I have to admit, he very well could have married her. I sometimes wish he had had an affair with her during her marriage before marrying me. I wouldn't have married him and perhaps I wouldn't be going through this now.

M
M
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Resilient:<BR><B>If your WS was single (lets say never married to you), and knowing them as well as we do, in your opinion would your spouse have PICKED the OP they're with now as their life's partner??? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My sad answer to this is:<P>1) I'm not sure I EVER knew my husband...looking back right now is like looking thru a web of lies and deceit....can't hardly remember the person I married....<P>2) I assumed my H believed (he said he did) in "forever-after-love." Now he states that he doesn't and never did. News to me....<P>So, it's hard to answer this question. He is so mixed up and confused that there probably aren't any REAL LOGICAL reasons why he picked her....she was just there and that's just fine and dandy with him at this point.<P>Good question tho....I like your "weirdo" questions....lots to think about.<P>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
I don't think so, but it's hard to tell. Here's a rundown of "the LOVES of my H's life": (I won't include the ex-wife since he was not in love with her. She faked a pregnancy and her grandfather pretty much held a gun to my H's head to marry her.)<P>Fiancee #1 - (My H was 17) She was 18, a competing powerlifter, weighed probably 250 - 300 lbs. My H's first true love. She ended up dumping him for another guy. She was a hood rat (sorry sweetie, if you're reading this, but from what you said and who she dumped you for, that's my take.)<P>Fiancee #2 - (My H was 23) Beautiful woman, nice figure, 47 years old. Granted, it was a "Southern California" 47, but nonetheless, a 24 year age difference between the two. She loved going to the bars, had 3 kids, the oldest being the same age as him. The age difference, along with his cocaine addiction caused her to end the relationship.<P>Fiancee #3 - (My H was 25) 18-year-old short-haired brunette (cute, but a major tomboy at this stage in her life) who was a professional wrestler. Athletic figure from being so active, day job was as a receptionist. She was very outgoing, but scared to death of men. They had a great time, fell in love after only 3 short months, talked about marriage, moved in together. After six months of being together, she becomes pregnant. After the baby's birth, they got married, and it's been up and down ever since (Yes, it's yours truly!)<P>So there's really no telling. I can safely say that if our marriage doesn't work out, he won't marry again. <p>[This message has been edited by Carolina Belle (edited September 01, 2000).]

A
A
No. Why a single and selfish guy like my H wants to take responsiblity for a woman who's<BR>-married<BR>-had 2 kids before she got married<BR>-always hang out w/different guys and let the whole town know<BR>-always chase a guy who's not available<P>If he was single and met her, probably he'd have sex w/her a couple times and that'd be it, just like all the other his ex-girlfriends before our m. Just because he was married, just because it was an A, it lasted, with all of my support for him!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>In other words, the OW could be anybody else. IMHO, you can make ANYBODY a soulmate easily in an affair, out of guilt.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation