Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rrunrr Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Has to be the best way to discribe all that is happening!<P>To make a short story long...<P>one hour ago I said "yes" to the assistant to the attorney to go ahead and file.<P>I stopped coming here since being "served" papers by a deputy back in mid-December. I didn't feel anything was being gained by staying here.<P>Sorry.<P>Anyway, I went down to see my W to talk about what would, or should, happen as my response to her filing. An attorney had given me a week to decide if I wanted him to handle it. Since, I feel, we should do this in mediation, I wanted to give her a chance to say we would.<BR> She refused to let me get together with her, even for a half hour. I didn't care what happened to me after that so I headed west and drove north along the coast. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (That took out a lot of anger because all the little towns I drove through were all lit up with Christmas lights.) I told her later I felt that she had not given me any other option BUT to file.<P>Well, after getting family backing for the retainer, I felt I had to hire him. Sure, it was a chunk that I will not completely get refunded, but the sense of relief lasted for a week. Her reaction to his response letter was not too surprising. I worried what her reaction would be. It was as I and the attorney thought it may be. (She told me to tell him to back off in response.) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Then she seemed to change her interpretation of that night, saying I was the one that was making the rules by not coming to town during her work hours. I told her I would make it just as she was getting out. After all, she has a business to run.<P>So, a week ago the attorney sent me a copy of a letter from that county's court. It seems that I had not been served in time and the papers I received had been canceled!! <BR>BACK TO SQUARE ONE!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I don't see an ending soon, but this may get her to start negotiations.<P>Here is the real kicker. She filed four months BEFORE I was finally served! She never gave any indication to me what she was intending to do. Oh well.<P>rrunrr<P>(ps. The kitten is doing great, adores the old one.)<BR><p>[This message has been edited by rrunrr (edited February 02, 2001).]

R
rrunrr Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Just remembered one vital bit. It's the last paragraph.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation