Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Does anyone know of any infidelity/Divorce support groups. I have decided to pursue a divorce and would really like to know if anything like this exists. I am very sad but I don't see another way out. Even our concelor agrees that my H can not be trusted.<BR>I live in the Chicago area.<P>Thanks so much for your help. I have not posted very frequently lately but I can't tell you what this board meant to me after the initial discovery. It made me feel like I was not alone and that is a very great gift.<P>Acacai

B
B
Hi Aracia:<P>Sad that you are making this decision, but I know you must feel it is for the best.<P>I did go to a divorce support group that met at my church for a while although I was not divorced (but thinking about it). Its purpose was not to keep you from divorce but to ease some of the emotional impact and make the transition easier on all involved.<P>The funny thing about it was that the group started out on the six-week class period with about 20 people in the group. By about the 4th week, 8 of those people had decided to try again and never came back, 7 completed the course but only 5 people finally got divorced. Says alot about the benefits of the class before the divorce doesn't it.<P>There's also divorce support online. I've been to several and they do give good advise and counsel.<P>Hope you don't need any of this.<P>Buffy

I
OP Offline
I
Buffy, Thanks so much for your reply. I will look into my church to see if there is anything there. Thanks for the story too.<P>Acacia

Y
Y
Try divorcecare at divorcecare.com<P>It is/was a big help to me.

H
H
Acacia, wow, I'm actually in Chicagoland, too. The western suburbs, actually. I'm going to an infidelity support group right now that meets in Naperville. It's been pretty helpful and I've met another woman that I have regular contact with and we are really helping each other through our situations.<P>There are divorce groups that meet through quite a few of the churches in the area. I know that Willow Creek Church in Barrington has a very good divorce support group. They have a website that you can get some info off of. One of my friends has gone to that group and found it extremely helpful. Talk to your pastor, as they may have info on some groups in the area, too.<P>I have an email account for Marriage Builders. Feel free to contact me if you would like---we may just live around the corner from one another! hurting_mb@hotmail.com

I
OP Offline
I
Hurtinginil,<P>I am not in Napperville but I am in Chicago. Sometimes I go to school in Napperville though. Right now my class meets in DesPlaines. I wish you were closer. I may take you on on your e-mail offer though. I would love to know your story too. Thanks for the support.<P>Acacia

A
A
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by acacia:<BR><B>Does anyone know of any infidelity/Divorce support groups. I have decided to pursue a divorce and would really like to know if anything like this exists. <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There is a private chat room called infidelity that I go to from time to time. You may want to try there.<P><P>------------------<BR>Love hurts no one.

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks so much for all of your suggestions.<BR>Acacia

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation