Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
N
N
Hi everyone!! <P>Great to see so many familiar names and to know so many are still lurking. I also read almost daily but seldom post anymore. The constant flow of new names and stories is so overwhelming. I used to be able to read the board, and know most everyone's story without looking up their profile. I knew who was moving right along in recovery and who was at a crisis stage. Not now. Unfortunately our numbers keep growing and growing. <P>I discovered this board in early 98, shortly after I discovered the affair and my H ended it. So many on this board helped me through the initial shock and anger. I'll always be ever so grateful to them. We are one of those couples that seemed doomed for failure. And thanks to perseverence, committment, love and the constant encouragement from so many, we are 3+ years into rebuilding and doing great. I'm wishing success stories from all of us. Hopefully with our spouse, if that's what we choose, but at least with our sanity and self-respect, if things don't work out after all our efforts.

L
L
I remember, back in summer of '99, when I could keep up with all the people, and all the stories, too. Trustntruth was the first person to respond to my first desparate post, and I was so relieved to find someone listening to me. <BR>Mostly now, whenever i obsess about OW (which is more than I care to admit [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ), I try to remember, "What would Sheba do?", and then i think back to all of you, and how much this site helped me.<BR>Prayers and hugs to all of you,<BR>Julie<BR>

K
K Offline
K
First, it was my demise---now, it's my sex change operation. I do lead an exciting (multiple personality) life. You'd really like me playing the part of Steve Harley... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. <P>Sam, it's completely OK to mistake me for a lady. I take it as a compliment. Of course, if you saw me in person, you'd say "she looks like she was beaten with an ugly stick..." But I'm not so bad as a guy. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It's really great to see so many of the old-timers crawl out of the woodwork! Schizzo---nice to see you doing well!

L
L
Bill, good point about the mentoring. But I thought we all naturally did this! <P>Don't we all have a few MB people's personal e-mail addresses or phone numbers? <P> I know, alot are our friends and comrades, but I think I've seen everyone that has said "hi" here <I>reach out</I> to a newbie at one time or another. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'm currently "mentoring" one newbie who is a sweetheart but she's taking such a toll on my time and positive energies! I'm talking at least one or two desperate e-mails DAILY. (She won't post on the forum anymore tho I keep begging her to). Even Dr. Willard Harley is in constant e-mail with her but from the way she posts about the things he says to her, it sounds like she's got him pulling out his hair as well. I won't abandon her but I just wanted to stress that we do have to be careful about walking the fine line of martyrdom vs. mentoring. <P>schizzo! Peppermint was asking about you on her thread in the "In Recovery" forum. Glad to hear you are doing well, Hon.<P>Aloha,<P>L<P>

N
OP Offline
N
Hey, Hey, <B>Nerlycrzy</B>,<P>I agree that all the new stories are so sad and sometimes overwhelming!!<P>I went ahead and wrote a bunch of replies last night, and it was very draining!! So many new "faces" so many *repeated* stories (as in, repeats of "our" stories, because it's nothing "new" after all).<P>I too will be grateful for those who held my hand throughout the process -- even into the divorce. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>We are one of those couples that seemed doomed for failure. And thanks to perseverence, committment, love and the constant encouragement from so many, we are 3+ years into rebuilding and doing great. I'm wishing success stories from all of us. Hopefully with our spouse, if that's what we choose, but at least with our sanity and self-respect, if things don't work out after all our efforts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><P>I am so happy for YOUR success in repairing the marriage -- that's just awesome!!<P>I love everything you've said in this quote -- sanity and self-respect are SOOOOOO important!!<P>Hi <B>love-WAS-blind</B>,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>I remember, back in summer of '99, when I could keep up with all the people, and all the stories, too. Trustntruth was the first person to respond to my first desparate post, and I was so relieved to find someone listening to me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><P>Gawd, I remember too!! I guess I always was one of *those kinds* of people though -- in my High School class of over 1000 I could name every face!! I love people, and I love to help people... and I think it's super important to treat everyone with respect and to try to help where I can. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>Mostly now, whenever i obsess about OW (which is more than I care to admit )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><P>Oh dearheart, why are you doing this still? There is no life in it, ya know? You are SO MUCH better than she is... remember that!!<P>Just a note to <B>K</B>,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>You'd really like me playing the part of Steve Harley <HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><P>Here's how I see it <B>K</B>, and you tell me if I'm anywhere near the mark:<P>I looked up your profile the other day -- just being nosey -- and there's no date for when you joined MB. In fact, it says "unavailable" I believe.<P>"K" is a psuedonym for one word in particular: "okay," as in "Okay, you've got me"...<P>"K" is the 11th letter of the alphabet, which would mean nothing in particular -- unless you count backwards from "z," in which case it's the 16th letter, which represents nothing, unless you seperate it out to "1" and "6", which means not a lick until you take away the "1" and break down the "6" into "3" and "3"... then you put them together into the number "33" and then you have the age when Steve Harley began Marriage Builders -- <B>but that's not all</B> -- it's also the year you were born, was it not????<P>Gotcha!! <P>Hi <B>Leilana</B>,<P>You know what? **I** was one BEING mentored throughout the last year!! I was emailing with a few "tried and true" MB'ers who tried to steer me right, and I **know** for a fact that I drove them insane!!<P>I thank God for those who are willing to help... you are wonderfully kind to help this newbie, but not at the detriment of your recovery...<P>Take good care, and nice to see you.<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

M
mkn Offline
M
Just wanted to let everyone know that this board gave me an outlet to learn and try to understand the silliness of all this. I don't post much anymore.... I don't even remember when I arrived here, I think it was '97. It has been good to see some of the people you started this journey with. I remember when Chris, CeeCee and Terri came along with many others. You people have a lot of very good insights.<BR>I know that a lot of you "old timers" have gotten on with things and not post anymore but you are needed here. The knowledge base that you derive is awesome. Maybe look at it as though you are teachers/proffessors and every new person is the freshman class, they are sponges,wanting to know, trying to ease the pain and you guys can lay the foundation for success.<BR>I believe there is a definate timeline that one has to go through just by the nature of this beast. But I also know that it helps sooo much when you read from someone who has been through what you have and can guide you. Granted every situation is different but in my experience on this board shows me that there are a lot of things that are the same as far as feelings, the roller coaster, he said/she said... etc. So much so that when new people read and realize that they are not alone, it helps the hurt.<BR>Boy when I ramble, I really ramble.... I guess what I am trying to say is that each and every one of you are missed when you don't chime in.... I really appreciate you all...<BR>Michael

N
OP Offline
N
Hi Michael,<P>Nice to see you! Been awhile.<P>I know what you mean... and yes, there are those who stand out as "HERO"s in my mind too!<P>I couldn't begin to name them all... most of them have posted here already... but yes, CeeCee is among them... and I miss seeing her around here. I have emailed with her, and she is wonderfully dedicated to the principles of MB and God... she is a very tenderhearted woman. <P>Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who held me, cried with me, laughed with me, and kicked me upside the head when I needed it too...<P>You are blessed! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] and you have blessed me beyond measure!!<P><BR>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited April 14, 2001).]

E
E
Man oh Man ! ! ! Can you believe that there are so many of us old timers hanging around still? I stay away for a couple days, and come to find <B>9 pages</B>. WOW! ! !<P>I've enjoyed reading some of the updates which have taken place on this thread. . . Seeing names that I had almost forgotten about . . . NOT. I don't even know where to begin or what exactly to say. . . <P>For me, I know that this forum (this family) has done a tremendous job of helping so many people, myself included to survive and to thrive in spite of the hell we have lived through.<P>The compassion and love we all feel for each other is very obvious when you read this thread. . . Going back to the original topic for just a minute. . .Maybe if all the newbees would read this thread, then go back and research some of the original threads posted by us "old timers", they would gain a little bit more insight.<P>The pain and frustration felt by all of the newbees is something that each of us can understand and empathize with. . .we've all been there, done that, got the T-Shirt and the bumper stickers. . . <P>I thought about adding commetns to all those who have posted since I did . . . then realized, that it would take me all day, and I have a very full weekend planned, and unfortunately can't take the time right now.<P>Let me simply end this reply by telling you all that I love you. That I never would have survived this without you. And that if anyone wants to get in touch with me, I can still be reached at **edit** .<P>God Bless

Last edited by MBLBanker; 05/06/12 05:21 AM. Reason: Removing email
L
L
I keep saying that I'm gonna leave this thread alone and I can't help but come around and see who else has shown up. Nerlycrzy, Jim, Bill, and Schizzo! I was just talking about you, girl! How the heck are ya? Oh, shoot, forgot to print stuff and now I don't know who was on page 9. I'll go back and read it again after we get home and see who else I missed.<P>Man this is too fun!<P>Lori

N
OP Offline
N
Me too, Lori!<P>...and yes, it is TOO much fun!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

L
L
hey, n_b, you're right, i should give up worrying about ow (i just remembered how i used to call her 'froot loop'!), but H is still talking to her daily. <BR>well, if freedom's wife could even begin to think about taking him back after 6 years, then i know i can find some strength somewhere [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>hugs to all,<BR>julie

S
S
ok....somebody tell me.....PLEASE.....<P>who was the Card Fairie?????

S
S
<B>Dylan</B><P>Great question. I have wondered that myself often? I even asked someone that just a few weeks ago. I still don't have a clue. I sure do miss her though.<P>If someone wants to come forward on that one, I know I for one would sure appreciate it. Think <B>Dylan</B> would too?<P>Hugs to all,<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited April 14, 2001).]

Y
Y
Hi, Everyone. I must admit, I don't even lurk here much anymore. The tone of the board has begun to change a lot, and I find myself reminded of the bad times when I stay too long.<P>However, it's certainly nice to see so many Old Timers still here. The only names I haven't seen are Suse and DuncanMac. Anyone know how they're doing? I recall how so many of you were instrumental in mine and Petunia's recovery. Can't believe it's been over 2 years now. Things are just great. We've bought our first house, got a couple of puppies, and are just movin' along!<P>Great to see you all still checking in. I hope things are progressing with y'all as well.<P>(Special thanks to Samantha for emailing me that this thread was going on [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P><P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

L
L
wow, lonestar, that's great news!<BR> <BR>Yeah, who WAS the card fairie?

W
W
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The only names I haven't seen are Suse and DuncanMac. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>y'know… the weirdest thing. I JUST deleted their email addresses about two weeks ago from the last account I had them in. I was thinking I wish I still had them, cuz seeing their names here would mean a lot. I DO still have Kel's though… maybe she could let them know.<P>------------------<BR>Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die<p>[This message has been edited by WhoDat (edited April 14, 2001).]

L
LMS Offline
L
hey ya'll,<P><BR> shhhhh dont tell anyone I'm here lol havent been around in a longgggggggg time mitzi might get me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] lol well hum what am I doing now? well I have a job I love working in a nursing home and have gotten my CNA and fixin to go into LPN school, my kids are doin GREAT, I am seeing a really sweet guy, tall too he he he 6'9", the ex and I are doing good at the friends thing. he is moiving closer in sep. so he will be able to see the kids more that trip from alaska to missouri was a lil hard on the old wallet. its really great to see all the old faces again. well gotta jet, just got off work and have a date...byess ever one.<P><BR>lots of love<BR>Lesa<P><BR>------------------<BR>"It took me quite a while to realize that <B>the real deal</B> is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you"<BR>----Stevie Ray Vaughan<P><BR>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P><BR> **edit** <p>[This message has been edited by LMS (edited April 14, 2001).]

Last edited by MBLBanker; 05/06/12 05:23 AM. Reason: Removing email
N
OP Offline
N
It's been a super-duper long night -- went to see a concert tonight, and I'm sooooo tired!! <P>Quickly though:<P>OH GOD, IT'S <B>LONESTAR</B>.<P>Yep, this is a "reunion thread" and it's GREAT!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So happy to hear how well you and Petunia are doing!!!<P>Hi to <B>LMS/Lesa</B>,<P>You know you are a success too!! You are whole and healthy and as friendly as can be with your ex... and have a nice new guy to boot! <P>Wonderful to see you!!<P>Okay, I'll admit it -- <B>I WONDER WHO THE CARD FAIRY IS TOO!!! ME TOO!!!</B> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Someone PLEASE spill the beans!! And, by the way, WHERE IS SHE??<P>You are missed, <B>Card Fairy</B>!!<P>Oh <B>Duncan Mac and Suse</B>... where are you???<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited April 14, 2001).]

W
W
Hi all. Maybe I'm a "mid-timer" (Aug. 00), but I recognize the value that the real oldies can contribute and I ask that you jump in when you get the urge. I find I can't keep up with the newbies, but I see myself partly, but never completely, in many of their posts. Always looking for someone with my special circumstances.<P>Thanks for lurking and responding.<P>Dave (WAT)

N
OP Offline
N
Hi <B>WAT</B>,<P>Gosh, I noticed when I logged in this morning, that there are THREE new people -- ON EASTER SUNDAY!? God, I hate infidelity!!<P>Thanks for dropping by!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation