Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Recently I was faced with our wedding anniversary. We are separated, and while in counseling, I’m not hopeful. My husband is suffering from depression. And he’s very sentimental. I knew from experience he wouldn’t get me anything, but I wanted to give him something.

So, I went and found a nice blank card and in the inside here’s what I wrote:

Dear B,

Separated and estranged as we are, I don’t dare wish you a Happy Anniversary for fear it would ring hollow. But, no matter what happened in the past, or what the future holds for us, I don’t regret this day eight years ago.

Yours,
A.

Okay, I was completely honest here. I do think marrying each other was a mistake, but it’s not a mistake I regret, especially since there are two beautiful children in this world who I can’t imagine life without.

My h. seemed to like it. He’d actually forgotten it was our anniversary.

I don’t know if this helps anyone or not.

Very beautifully put, concidering your circumstance.
xo
2nd

C
C
You should include the sentence under yours, A in your anniversary message!

A
A
Thanks for this. It's given me an idea of how to handle our 7th anniversary, which is coming up in a couple of weeks time.

I was dreading it, as I didn't have a clue what to do (I'm the BS), but this has given me a clue.

F
F
my wife left me a month ago and our 3rd wedding anniversary was August 12th. I had earrings on layaway for her...but sent her love cerificates that I made instead. I also gave her a gift for something that she wanted to make her car run better. I was trying to make sure she knew that I loved her and that in our current situation that the car running better(for her's and the kids safty) was more important and more appropriate then something that she could wear or something that I really would have liked to give her.

The love certificates were to let her now that I will always be here for her and that if she wants to get back together...were ever she wants to live is ok with me...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,161 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation