Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1657472 05/11/06 09:58 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I am a previous lurker (FBS) who has gathered so much strength, hope and courage from this board. No one I know (or at least will admit) have gone through infidelity. That is where all of you have been my lifeline.... I feel not so alone when I'm on here...

I think the scariest thing for me, being in recovery, is the fact that one of these days I can be blindsided again.. That fact will always be there.. So much of what I feel is fear.. I'm on so much medication (ADs, nerves, of course some is due to my kids.. see my sig line), yet it doesn't dull the fear.

So, all I can say, is what I have said with my twins rare disorder... knowledge is power.. and you have all helped me with that knowledge. It's not easy and it's a lifelong fight to keep our marriages intact and honest.. All we can do is account for ourselves and know we will be judged individually..

So to all of you thank you...The courage to live this life, whether a FBS, FWS, or a continual BS is a difficult one. We all fall short, so stay strong, be blessed and be well... Sue

Me-FBS 32 FWH- 33 Married- 10 yrs, Together 15 yrs 3DS 7,4,4 (twins doing well ) D-day 10/21/05 Trying to recover....one step at a time with God. My twins were born 3 months early, almost died, and have a genetic disorder which predisposes them to childhood cancer... yet finding out my husband was unfaithful has been the worst and most challenging experience in my life... why is it so hard???
M
M
I agree with you about not feeling alone when you read this board. I also understand the fear. I had my first nightmare since my discovery of his infidelities and it made me realize how horrible and out of control I would feel if it happened again. I think it is like so many other fears in life...if we think about it too much it can paralyze us. I think we just have to go on with life and realize we must take it one day at a time.

I'm glad your twins are doing well. I can't imagine having to deal with that on top of the stress caused by an affair. Are you still in counseling?

Me, the BS - 35 FWH - 35 M - 1992 Children- 2 and 4 PA - ONS's 4x over past 6 years Post that tells my story... http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/sho...rue#Post2986620 D-Day - March 27, 2006
S
OP Offline
S
I understand about the nightmares... I have woken up screaming and or crying more than one occasion and needing medicine to calm down and get back to sleep.. it invades every part of us...

We started counseling soon after Dday but my husband quit his job (monthlong affair with coworker) and took him 4 months to find another. That on top of medical bills for the kids, we haven't been able to afford it again. Of course we fall into the category of making too much money for free help... That is another reason why this website has been such a lifeline for me with help...

Thanks for reaching out... I wish the very best for you and your family... I pray for your healing... take care Sue

Me-FBS 32 FWH- 33 Married- 10 yrs, Together 15 yrs 3DS 7,4,4 (twins doing well ) D-day 10/21/05 Trying to recover....one step at a time with God. My twins were born 3 months early, almost died, and have a genetic disorder which predisposes them to childhood cancer... yet finding out my husband was unfaithful has been the worst and most challenging experience in my life... why is it so hard???

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation