Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
_
_Ace_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
Post deleted by Ace_in_bucket

Dazed4Now has started her own thread.

Last edited by Ace_in_bucket; 09/18/07 10:21 PM.
D
D
Oh heavens, my story...that could take a while, I may have to come back this evening. I've been in "recovery" with FWH for 2 years now, and we've separated again. I don't even know what I want any more, and I don't think he does either. Few other things have complicated matters and I am definitely spinning out of control at this point. I will write more when I can...thanks for listening this far.

BS, OW, WW (me) 35 FWH 39 2 DDs DHs A ended 9/04 My A ended 8/07 (NC since 9/7/07) Separated, working towards recovery Married 1/2000
D
D
I'm not even sure where to begin with my problem, as I find myself facing several.

FWH had A a couple of years ago while I was pg with DD#2. Ended without much fuss, no contact was ever made again as far as I know (no real emotional connection, more of a fling). We've since been in "recovery" however, getting through the A was the least of our problems. There has been significant verbal and emotional abuse for years that I have dealt with to keep our family together (at all costs, right?). We are currently separated, with the advice of both of our therapists, we were just destroying each other being under the same roof.

In addition to being a BS, I guess, technically I've also been the WW and OW. The OM is someone I work with, and had been mostly an EA, almost since I returned from maternity leave after having DD#2. During this time (past 1.5 years) the OM got married, and separarted from W within just a few months of marriage. When the PA started we were both separated. There was really no sort of revelation to be made as both of our families knew, work knew, (and the BS's knew). So I guess it was an A, however we weren't hiding it, everyone knew we were in a relationship together, and both separated from our spouses.

A little over a month ago we both decided to give our marriages another try, and both agreed NC (although we haven't stuck to it very well, but are trying). I have much more at stake here with 8 years of marriage and 2 DDs (where he has no kids and a couple months of marriage).

My problem is the withdrawl and the fog. I'm having a hard time being accepting of DHs changes (which there have been a few) when I feel like my heart is somewhere else. Like so much damage has been done, even without the OM I'm not going to be able to let DH truely back in to my heart (the abuse took an unbelievable emotional toll). So now I just spend my days barely functioning, missing OM, wondering what he's doing, but sticking to my NC.

Ugh, how on earth did I end up in this mess?? I don't even know WHAT I want at this point, some times I just want to pull the covers over my head never to be seen again (except my girls needs me, so I'm staying strong). DH and I see our counselor again on Wednesday, I think she will agree that we aren't ready to live together again yet, he still has some major anger and abuse issues to overcome, and I'm still afraid to let him in.

Well, if you're still reading, thanks, it feels good to get it all out.

BS, OW, WW (me) 35 FWH 39 2 DDs DHs A ended 9/04 My A ended 8/07 (NC since 9/7/07) Separated, working towards recovery Married 1/2000
_
_Ace_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
dazed4now,

So glad you shared and felt better afterwards. It's good that you are seeing a counselor. Read all you can on this web site. I'm sure others will have thoughts for you, too so be patient and keep posting even if things seem slow.

It would be helpful if you listed a timeline of your sitch on a signature, which can be done by clicking on your "My Home" page above. There is a character limit, but you can get the basics in. It helps others help you quicker when the timeline is listed.

Best wishes to you D4N,

Ace

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
D
D
I added a little info to my sig...although I'm sure it looks rather confusing

O
Owl Offline
O
Dazed-

You realize that if the two of you are seeing each other even 'just in a work capacity'...you'll never get over it, right?

If you are REALLY going to work on your marriage, you're going to HAVE TO find another job to ensure that NC does stick. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time.

Take it from a BH...over time, with work, your feelings for your H can and will return. They did in my wife's case, and we've seen it in countless other poster's situations here as well.

_
_Ace_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
Please do not reply to this duplicate thread. Dazed has started her own thread here.

Thanks,
Ace

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation