Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 36 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 35 36
L
OP Offline
L
It's amazing what good sleep can do for you. I had no anxiety or panic today. I ran my errands and even watched a movie and felt ok. I actually didn't think about him for a while.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007
***Recovering and growing wiser and stronger.***
I was divorced 10/08/2008.

M
M
how's the job hunt going?
i feel like if you were out there working, even part time it would not only give you extra income, but keep you busy and your mind busy. you might meet lots of neat new people too! why not something in retail? you must have malls and nice shops around there. that is a fun way to meet people and keeps you VERY busy.

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

Q
Q
LA,

It is amazing what a good nights sleep can do for you. Good job on your successes yesterday. Pat yourself and know that you are doing awesome.

I'm thinking about you. I'm glad you were able to get some good sleep. I know that going without and it kills us in all aspects of our life.

They say it gets better, I don't know when, but take those gifts of sleep and protect them.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
OP Offline
L
I think I'll be ok today. I slept good last night. I only woke up a few times. Hopefully everything will go smoothly this week. That's my goal. Sleep well and activley look for a job. Job interviews always scare me, but since I'm sleeping, they shouldn't be too hard to handle.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

L
OP Offline
L
Things went well today. I went to Target & picked up my other Rx and then stopped to get a wrap from KFC. Well I left my atm/debit card at the drivethru. I didn't notice until about 2 hrs later. During all of this I was not panicking. I was calm, cool, rational and I knew where it was. So I drove over to KFC and got my card back. No anxiety, no panic etc...I didn't even get teary eyed. I know it's the higher dosage of Zoloft and finally a strong enough tablet to put me to sleep. Sleep. I love sleep. Sleep makes me tired sleep

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

L
OP Offline
L
Tonight was good. I went to audition technique acting class and did really well. I also got a voice mail message from a girl that I used to hang out with in HS. She had heard what happened and called my brother to get my number down here. She sounds the same. I'm gonna call her tomorrow. The way my former HS classmates are contacting me and telling me to be strong makes me feel so good.

Confession time: My friend and I used to be Varsity Cheerleaders. blush Yes, I know, strange visual.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

L
OP Offline
L
I talked to my friend today and she said that when she went through her D it was hard because she had to really fight to get custody of her boys. She said she's just relieved now. She said just take things 1 day at a time. It made me feel good to talk to her.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

L
OP Offline
L
My super fantastic life saving friend has asked me to go with her to the humane society to pick out a cat. It should be fun. AAnd it gets me out of the house.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

T
T
Is it for you or her? Have fun.

L
OP Offline
L
It's for her and her family. We found an adorable one. She's white and gray and has long skinny legs and tail. She liked to purr and snuggled up to us right away. Her 2 kids are going to be so shocked.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

L
OP Offline
L
I found out today that a very good friend of mine is pregnant. I started crying. This time because I was so happy. They are gonna be great parents.

Had an ok day today. I'm going to sleep good tonight.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

L
OP Offline
L
I heard some things through the gossip grapevine about WS and things he supposedly said to mutual friends. It has made me very, very angry because they are not true and I could prove they aren't true. But I'm not talking to him. Which is probably best, because right now I'd just be yelling at him on the phone. I'm trying to breathe deep and just let it go, but it still makes me mad.

Oh yeah...the mutual friends are starting to choose sides now. Which I think is so stupid.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

M
M
it's hard LA.

Especially when those we loved lie right through their teeth. And of course their friends believe them. I had mine arrested for attacking me in front of the kids. He had a RO for over a year. Went to court and pled guilty to the charges. He now has a record. You know what he did? Told everyone that the charges had been dropped for lack of evidence! And there is not much I can do about that. I did make sure his parents knew the truth though. But, he even tried to convince ME that they were! After I spoke to the DA myself.

And the lies keep coming. and coming. and coming.

I never realized how much of a liar my ex was until he started having affairs.

Just consider the source LA. And those who chose sides maybe shouldn't be friends anyway. Ex and I did really share any "mutual friends" persay. If I see any of his friends I will say hi but I was not close to any of his friends.

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

L
OP Offline
L
Well, I made it through the weekend without calling him and yelling at him. I know it would do no good. I wanted to call the "friends" who have been spreading the lies, but I know it wouldn't do any good. They would just deny it and try to put it back on me. It just makes me so angry.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

C
C
If they are knowingly spreading lies, they are not friends. Another sad fact about divorce is that, often, you lose friends. It's a bummer but a truth.

L
OP Offline
L
The person spreading the lies is very manipulative. I do not trust them. And knowing that person is spreading lies really irks me. I definitley know who my real friends are now.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

Q
Q
We defintely learn alot through this, don't we LA.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
OP Offline
L
I got really good feedback in acting class tonight. It felt so good. My bottom lip was starting to quiver. I cried all the way home. I just wish my husband could've understood how much I love acting. I think he was jealous of it.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

C
C
Well, we don't lie about you. And we care about you. And, when you get your Oscar or Emmy, we expect you to invite the Great Goddess Girls to be your guests.

K
K
Originally Posted by cinderella
If they are knowingly spreading lies, they are not friends. Another sad fact about divorce is that, often, you lose friends. It's a bummer but a truth.

Actually, divorce reveals friends as they truly are - either friends or non-friends. If you lose friends because of divorce, they never were!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
Page 28 of 36 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation