My H came out and told me about his affair with one of his ex-co-workers (they've both moved to different companies.) This was three weeks ago. He had moved out the previous night with some bogus excuse about our problems, then he confessed the following night. A week later he wanted back in saying that he can't live without me and he sent her a message that he won't have any involvement with her ever again. She of course called, sent texts, emails, and her dad even called and sent messages!

I found out a week later that he gave in and has been talking to her. He swears that they only talk on the phone or email, but as far as I'm concerned that's still continuing the affair! He keeps twisting the addiction angle to suit his needs, and it's really starting to tick me off. He keeps saying that as soon as he's sure we can make the marriage work, then he'll stop talking to her. What?! So I'm hearing that he's keeping her on the side "just in case."

She keeps calling him and needing him for stupid situations she puts herself into so he can be her knight in shining armor. Her husband filed for divorce since she has cheated with married men on multiple occasions, so now she's completely free to chase my H.

I KNOW we can get through this, but my H has no brains left and I'm growing tired of fighting this by myself. I've been changing myself back to what he fell in love with and he's noticed and likes it very much. He just keeps getting pulled into her web. How can such an intelligent man be such an imbecile??

btw...did I mention that she pretended to be my friend the whole time and played with my daughter??!!

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."