Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
OP Offline
H
One of the girls bought a great card for an ex-boyfriend.

It has all these candy hearts on the front and instead of little endearments it says things like "bite me", "loser", "go away", and then you open the card and it says "Did I take my bitter pill today", BITE ME.

I actually laughed the first time thinking about VD.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
B
B
Well, Going on a date with new boyfriend. 2 years separated, 1-1/2 years officially D'd, I took the plunge on Yahoo and met a nice guy!

There's life after divorce. Honestly, all of you, it gets better.

Belle, Domestic Goddess
H
OP Offline
H
enjoy your date. Glad to see there is a good mix of plans for VD. Makes interesting reading. I might be getting together with my neighbor, she said her husband is boring! I told her make a nice meal and enjoy him. It could change tomorrow.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
D
D
Let's see...what am I doing?

Mildewing!!!!

rotflmao

P
P
Originally Posted by Bellevue
Well, Going on a date with new boyfriend. 2 years separated, 1-1/2 years officially D'd, I took the plunge on Yahoo and met a nice guy!

There's life after divorce. Honestly, all of you, it gets better.

WOW! dance2

C
C
What am I doing for Valentines's Day?

I am NOT celebrating my anniversary with my husband!

rotflmao

If he had been a man of integrity I would have been doing so. grumble

J
J
Originally Posted by armymama
Last year FWH ignored the day. I bought myself a nice necklace and earring set. He says he ignored the day with OW as well and that caused problems between them. Yeah! I guess at that point a year ago, he was trying to figure out how to get out of the mess he was in. Of course, it took another 2 months until I busted them.

This year I am sort of stumped. I want to do something that won't be a trigger, that is not too extravagant, but has meaning for the work we are doing on the M. No good ideas yet.

AM

Armymama....My H and I are also looking for meaning here so we have decided to just go out to dinner on Valentine's day and instead of gifts for each other, during the first weekend in March, we are renting a cabin in the mountains and spending the weekend alone together. 48 hours of uninterupted time together, exploring each other. THings we haven't done in 10 + years.

The cost is no more than we'd spend on gifts for each other and maybe by doing this, we'll create our own tradition for Valentine's something that during 19 years of marriage we've never done..... flirt

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
B
B
dance2 dance2 dance2
Yeah, wow!

Belle, Domestic Goddess
B
B
Well, I went to the store today and was checking out what I'm going to buy MYSELF.

I'm torn between the red, long-stemmed roses or the strawberries that you can dip in chocolate...................

M
M
Spartan and I are both sick with with a cough/cold so we'll be doing shots of Robitussin together. Maybe if we get real daring, we'll hit some Nyquil and Jaegermeister!

B
B
I heard you got some nice roses though............

A
A
I'm going bowling with my divorce group and all the kids. Should be a good time.

Even if I wasn't doing anything... I shure wouldn't get all bent out of shape because I wasn't with someone "special" on Valentines Day.

Right now I'm enjoying my singleness.

M
M
Originally Posted by believer
I heard you got some nice roses though............

You betcha! The BEST part is that I got them on Friday the 13th. That's my fella!!! grin

A
A
Valentine Day sucks

I just realised posted on 2 threads and not sure how I did it, must of had 2 sessions opened.

I got
choccy icecream and blue berries
a pinic choccy bar
a very nice coffee

and was from me dad to the 2 of us girls and mum.

what did we get from our men?

nada
zip
SFA

and we didn't want cards or gifts

all we wanted was a simple message "I'm ok lov ya"

I mean have they lost the home phone number, forgotten how to text, too langered to know what day it is???????????

man - men puke

but I wouldn't want you ta think we ar bitter and twisted over it

at all

M
M
One of the guys on our local news channels today said that Valentine's Day is amateur day. That you should know how to love your mate every day and not just one day out of the year. Yep, I'd say that same theory goes for Mother's Day and Father's Day too.

A
A
yeah I know

but this would have been our first VD as a married couple if not for the deployment, I just want to know he is ok.

but better to have out hissy fits here then to them grin

B
B
I suggest you plan something nice for yourself. No use wasting your first Valentines Day together.

P
P
I dunno, this year for some reason I have a new take on VD. I've always been a hopeful romantic... that is until my DH's plunge in the dark side. For the first couple of years after we recovered, it was still important to me (or I made it important).

It never really has been for my DH but he has faithful bought me cards, flowers, etc. over the years (except for two). He never bought into the hype and always said we should treat each other well everyday. I would argue, BUT.... it's Valentine's Day! You know, the Day. of. Love.

Now, I guess it's because we've been together for so long (and the removal of the scales from my eyes because of his affairs), I've kinda given up on that princess-wanting-to-be-wined-and-dined dream. This year, I told my husband not to get me anything for Valentine's Day. No card, candy, balloons or flowers, I really don't want them. I did tell him however, that I wouldn't reject jewelry if he just HAD to get me something. smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
"I've kinda given up on that princess-wanting-to-be-wined-and-dined dream."

Gosh, PM, I haven't given up that dream.

Tomorrow, I'm going to wine and dine myself. Thinking about really splurging and getting lobster and chocolate covered strawberries.

I'll probably invite some friends who don't have anyone special in their lives.

O
O
Valentines Day,

Wake my wife to breakfast in bed.
Read our love letters from when I was in the Navy 30 yrs ago.
Plan dinner:
Steak and lobster (lobster for me she is allergic)
Bake potato
Asparagus

For desert:

Chilled apple strussel cheese cake and hot monkey love.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation