Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2257011 05/06/09 12:56 PM
D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
be desribed as telling information about relationship, sharing regret,ideas,thoughts and ect. to someonethat isnt your spouse or significant other?

O
O
Yes.

S
S
Agree.
Quite a chunky section - but this will give you a good background. Coping with infidelity

How long has this EmotionalAffair (EA) been going on?

D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
WE have been together for five years.we have a beautiful almost 3 year old. her ea has been going on for about 3 months give or take with her ex h

D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
when she got her DWI about 2 weeks ago she called her exh to pick her up from jail,he said to her it was time to come home

F
F
Were either of you still married when you met?

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I was divorced 4 five yrs. she was seperating from exh and going out w friends as well as starting to date others

P
P
Originally Posted by dsd
I was divorced 4 five yrs. she was seperating from exh and going out w friends as well as starting to date others

You're not legally married, are you?

F
F
dsd,

Sorry but seperating is not "divorced". She was cheating on her now xH with you even if that was not your intent. That explains why he told her it was time to come home. I am very sorry for your child.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
i new i would receive that response from some one. Me being 41 and her forty,i fell in love for the first time in my life,with her she said she had only been in love one other time in her live and that she had never been in love with her exh but married him because he was nice and coukd provide.they had one child,then she said he raped her and she got pregnant with thier second child.they had nt slept in the same bed for years

F
F
dsd, waywards lie. Why else would she be having an EA with her XH? I am not trying to kick you while you are down. I am sure you are hurting but your marriage did not begin on solid ground.

Can you get custody of your child?

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
he told her that he knew that their marriage was ending.i had custody of my son and still do,as for my daughter i want her raised with her parents together and i have been reading here for months, not because everything is bad or her fault, i have my faults too,but i am a good man but want to be better and like i said when we got together i knew it was different.

M
M
Are you married?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
no we are not married but we are engaged for the last 3yrs. the reason for long engagementis she is in college in getting married would have limited funds from grants and ect.she says we can get married anytime now because this is her last yr.and college is paid for.

D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
she has admitted that she has drinking problem drinks about 4 out of 7 days and its not a few beers more like 10 to 20 beers

F
F
dsd, get working on getting custody of your DD and let this one go. You are not married and it sounds like she has a lot of issues.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
UPDATE we seem to be doing a little betterin many ways. I know that she has read some material from here . She has also filled out some of the questioneers lately. We havent set down to go over them as of yet but said that we need to do it soon.she is back to school and got a B last semester in her nursing program. A very very tough course, you have to have at least a 80% to pass with a C. I keep telling her I am so proud of her for trying so hard in school. It takes many hours a night to study and many times she does nt get to spend any time with the kids. She will stop her studies to give our little one a bath and to make or eat supper with them so thats at least sometime with them. She has shown some interest in a couple of hobbies and we get to spend some time there together. She also has been working on some of her problems and I think with some of her education sees some ways to help herself. She has admitted to having problems with alcohol and doing some things to help herself with that. sometimes it feels good to be able to right things down and to be able to read it verses just thinking it! thanks

Z
Z
Originally Posted by dsd
i new i would receive that response from some one. Me being 41 and her forty,i fell in love for the first time in my life,with her she said she had only been in love one other time in her live and that she had never been in love with her exh but married him because he was nice and coukd provide.they had one child,then she said he raped her and she got pregnant with thier second child.they had nt slept in the same bed for years

I do not think the above justifies dating a married woman, even in the unlikely event it is true. Now, you can see she is capable of big time lying. She was capable of this back then, when you met her.

D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Zelmo I am not quite sure what you are refering to . We may have not met under the best of conditions or time but there is a child involved and I do love her .So I am going to try to make it the best we can. We have been together almost six years . We are both trying. Six years is nt a long time but many fail in less than that.

D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
It would be so nice if everyone that applied for a marriage license had to take a course on marriage builders and pass a test to get married!!!!!!!!!!! it would eliminate so many problems in todats society. I have learned so much from this site. Having a little trouble with expressing what I have learned but getting better.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation