Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
L
L
Just checking in TTF - how were the pies?
Is today better?

Linus

Me: BH 60 - Married 21 years
ExW had an EA beginning 09/09 (Facebook)
After a few false recoveries, I filed for D 05/11
D final 03/12

'Be Mindful of Your Many Blessings and Endeavor Daily to be Worthy of Them'
Jay Severin

'Life is a gift and it offers each of us the privilege, the opportunity and the responsibility to give something back by becoming something more'
Tony Robbins
Linus #2285909 12/10/09 07:47 AM
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks every one for chiming in. It really is a small world, Pariah and Linus. It�s crazy that we live so close.
My trip to Ellijay got derailed because one of my wife good friends called me worried about her. By the time our conversation was over I had confirmation that my wife�s EA is actually a PA�..not good news.
I got a name to go with the phone number that�s been showing up on my bill, it�s not even who I thought it was.
She has been meeting him on her lunch hour when he�s in town. She also confirmed that she has a throw-away phone, I knew it.
There have been several trips that she went on with one of her girlfriends, I thought, they were actually with him.
I knew it, deep down I knew it. I just didn�t want to admit it to myself. This morning I have a feeling it my heart that I�ve never felt before, it�s profound, it goes beyond sadness, and I want it to go away.
Today I open a new chapter of my life, one where I have to look at my wife, the person that I swore before God I would never forsake, as an enemy.
Everything being equal�I�d rather be eating apple pie.

Formerly timetofly.

I thought that a change was in order to start the new year. It was time for me to fly after all.
F
F
Originally Posted by timetofly
Thanks every one for chiming in. It really is a small world, Pariah and Linus. It�s crazy that we live so close.
My trip to Ellijay got derailed because one of my wife good friends called me worried about her. By the time our conversation was over I had confirmation that my wife�s EA is actually a PA�..not good news.
I got a name to go with the phone number that�s been showing up on my bill, it�s not even who I thought it was.
She has been meeting him on her lunch hour when he�s in town. She also confirmed that she has a throw-away phone, I knew it.
There have been several trips that she went on with one of her girlfriends, I thought, they were actually with him.
I knew it, deep down I knew it. I just didn�t want to admit it to myself. This morning I have a feeling it my heart that I�ve never felt before, it�s profound, it goes beyond sadness, and I want it to go away.
Today I open a new chapter of my life, one where I have to look at my wife, the person that I swore before God I would never forsake, as an enemy.
Everything being equal�I�d rather be eating apple pie.
Oh wow, TTF, I feel for you. I really do. I doubt there's not a BS here who doesn't know how you're feeling right now.

While it can't make the pain and anguish go away, coming here and sharing about can help.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
L
L
Christmas blues is right! Last year even though WW and i were separated we spent Christmas morning and afternoon together as a family. After i left I really felt down and just depressed. It felt like it was probably the last time we would spend Christmas together.

This year I put up the tree and decs with my boys. WW has yet to put hers up. Since I'm in plan B I'm not quite sure how to approach this this year. I had let WW know that ths year the boys are with me and I plan on having them wake up at my place on Chritsmas morning. I said i didn't care what time she dropped them off on Christmas Eve but they will wake up at my place. She asked if she could spend some time with them on Christmas Day and I referred her back to the letter. No contact until...well you all know.

Problem is that now I'm having doubts about that position. I just feel aweful that the kids won't see their mom on Christmas day. I plan on buying gifts for her from the boys but i do not plan on giving her anything from me. And I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do. It feels like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. The whole thing just leaeves me feeling anxious and saddened. How have you all delt with Christmas while in plan B?

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
L
L
Damn, that's bad news. But at least now you know. Now you can start to deal with it. I'm thinking that you can still 'plan A', but the contact HAS TO STOP. We (my WW and me) made NO progress until that happened, and then it was like a switch was flipped. Well, that and the fact that we found a great counselor . . . and I found this place.
You have an uphill battle, my friend, but you have a team of supporters.

D final 03/12

Jay Severin

'Life is a gift and it offers each of us the privilege, the opportunity and the responsibility to give something back by becoming something more'
Tony Robbins
Linus #2285947 12/10/09 09:34 AM
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
That�s right contact has to stop. I plan on confronting her once I have the proof, but then what? Can I legally tell my wife that she can have no contact with her daughter until her affair stops? I plan on exposing to everyone in our circle. But then what? She needs a hard, cold, dose of reality. What�s the best way to proceed?

Formerly timetofly.

I thought that a change was in order to start the new year. It was time for me to fly after all.
P
P
What I did was place a voice activated recorder in my XW's car and get the conversations between her and the OM and the cheerleading toxic friend.

The phone bill would be nice.

Your wife is going to lie to you and gaslight you.

You need to EXPOSE to everyone, your church, her parents, her family, and MOST IMPORTANTLY the other man's WIFE and family.

It MUST be done immediately.

If you'd like pix of them together, I'm sure some of us North Georgia folk could manage to swing by their haunt and snap a few pix and extort a little cash from OM.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Pariah & Linus, when this is all over I'm going to look yall up and buy you a beer....or 12.

L
L
TTF

I know this is hard for you. I apologize for my earlier post as i didn't realize you had posted your most recent discovery. My post was in response to your original.

I don't think there's anything you can do about your WW contacting your daughter. IMO that would actually be an LB. Your daughter should know what's going on though. How old is she?

Telling my 7 and 9 yr olds was difficult but had to be done. I assured them that they were not the problem and that both me and WW love them. But i had to be sure they were aware that their moms behavior was unacceptable. They really got it.

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
A
A
Hey TTF! I wrote you in your other post about keyloggers. I didn't realize you had this one to.
I and from the Atlanta area. What is with GA and affairs? You should take a look at my post "W is depressed, marriage in trouble" and see all the great advice people are giving in there too.
Just installed my records. 2 in the house and 1 in the car. Unfortunitely she has the choice of 2 cars. 50/50 shot. But they mostly txt each other and she deletes them every time.
I found some forensic software today that I might try. It can retrieve txt (among other things) off of her phone even if it has been deleted. I hope it works with her phone. I wil try on mine first. If it doesn't I may have to buy he a NEW (spy friendly) PHONE for christmas. If your W has a phone with a sim card, they have sim card readers that can be very handy.

Me - 34
W - 37
C - 7, 7, 3
Married - 9yrs
S
S
OMG...I can't believe I'm hearing that you guys are in Ballground and surrounding areas. My daughter went to the university in Dahlonega for a few years. Beautiful place. I'm from a town south of the airport that a certain famous country singer is from. Small, small world.

B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
StillDawn, I think I know where your from. I ride to Ballground a lot just to eat at Williams Brothers. And if your from where I think your from, I love to eat at Sprayberrys BBQ. In fact I'll be down there next week.

Formerly timetofly.

S
S
Yep. You know, we have two of those now!!! This place has grown tremendously--Do you go to the "original" one or the new one? I've eaten their bar-b-que all my life and I guess I'm a little burned out on it!!

B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I go to the old original. I've not eaten at the new one. I love the slaw, it's the best of any BBQ joint I've ever eaten.

Formerly timetofly.

P
P
I usually go to the Williams Brother's in Marietta over by the Big Chix.

I have meaning to try Swallow At The Hollow for a while now, but never can get the time. It's supposed to be as good as Dreamland's

S
S
If you want to go to the newer one TTF, just take the exit, go down 2 traffic lights and it will be on your left. They are the same foodwise, just a little nicer facility.
Sorry for the T/J but I didn't know there were so many people here that were so close by...it's amazing!! I try to stay out of the "big city" if I can help it!! People are nuts up there!!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We will all get through this together. This is a great place to be even if the reasons we are all here are horrible. Excellent support and I appreciate everyone here.

B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It's good to talk to the locals. I'm headed to town to buy a voice recorder. I'll see yall after lunch.

Formerly timetofly.

H
H
Originally Posted by BTinBL
Originally Posted by hope3343
.......finding "his" ornaments, his stocking and the list goes on.

Like others here I need to carry on. Need to remember the reason for the season. Yes it is the season of miracles and I believe.

So, so true.

At some point, the light bulb went on. Maybe some of the folks here helped turn on the switch. The fact is, though, I finally realized that I have two unbelievably wonderful gifts -- my two boys. And I realized how THANKFUL I am to have them. To have the opportunity to decorate a tree with them. To be there FOR THEM. Sure they may know their mother bumped them down her totem pole of priorities, but Dad hasn't, and NEVER WILL. OM may be a higher priority for W. Probably law school too. That's HER world, though. They're kids, and Christmas time means the world to kids. And it's my job to deliver. Because that's MY priority.

So, I've been able to avoid the Christmas blues, to a certain degree. I'm a sentimental guy, though. I have a romantic outlook with Christmas time. Sitting on the couch together in front of a fire and the tree, listening to Christmas music, or watching 'A Christmas Story' over and over again, because, well, TNT shows on a continuous loop. Or her and I staying up late to wrap. So, it's tough.

And really, isn't that all we can ask of anyone?

TB

Hi BTinBL. How true this ring. That is all we can ask of anyone. I have been struggling like many others but when you have kids no matter what the age you realize it is not all about ourselves but them.

I am Thankful for my girls, my health, and my survival.

I too am a great fan of "Christmas Story". I actually own the DVD and a few years ago my girls bought me a scaled down version of the "Leg Lamp". It is something that I treasure in its tacky form!

I appreciate your posting because it does remind me for what I have not the what I want. Thanks.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
L
L
Pariah & Linus, when this is all over I'm going to look yall up and buy you a beer....or 12.

You're on! I'm sure we can find a Taco Mac close by . . .

D final 03/12

Jay Severin

Tony Robbins
Linus #2286203 12/10/09 01:00 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Linus

You're on! I'm sure we can find a Taco Mac close by . . .

Corner of 575 and Hwy 20 exit 19. laugh

Brand spankin new one!

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation