Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
M
M
My all time favorite from my H during a year of lies and trickle truth........

"I hate it when you don't believe me when I'm telling the truth".

I'm pretty sure I had an incredulous look on my face. crazy

Husband was unfaithful to me before and after our marriage, at least 7 times. I found out 13 yrs into the marriage. Trickle truth for an entire year. Several different d-days, so it was more like a d-year. Difficult recovery.

F
F
This came from my WW through my attorney (who she called with a list of "demands"):

To write letters of apology and recant my exposure of the affair to everyone I had notified.

As I said then, you can guess what my reply was...

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
I think mind is the worst ever.

My husband told me that through his affair with OW, he lead her to the Lord and she accept Christ as her personal Savior? Huh???

So I guess for all the Pastors, Ministers, Father's, Priest, Rabbi, etc... if you want to lead someone to the Lord, have an affair with them and that'll do it.

The other one was, he told me she didn't have an orgasm, that was suppose to make me feel better. I guess knowing that he actually penetraed her and she didn't come was suppose to make me feel as though the sex didn't happen??? But, actually he admitted later that she did. I hate to say this about my husband, but what an idiot. All the degrees in the world couldn't have taught him that.

"Never get in a bed if your name isn't written on it"
E
E
Yep Fred, I got similar..although from a friend of the OW. "Recant it, take it back!" I think OW plans on suing me, lol and good luck to her. That's okay how about alienation of affection; we can do law suits all day...I have no money, she does, we can play until hers is all gone; even if it all goes to attorneys' fees I'll smile. Then we will see how fun it is for the high maintenance tramp to be with my H who is quitting his good job to live off of her marriage settlement which her recent XH says won't last long (telling me that she spends like a fiend); which by the way isn't near to as good as her XH's job (I'm guessing my H makes about 1/3). It won't be long and she'll be looking for a new toy to play with; sugar-daddy style. Sorry if I sound angry; but I am...I'm sure in a few I'll be crying again. smile

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
H went to Iraq 1/7/09-10/5/09
D-Day 10/29/09
Got the D papers 11/21/09 (Our 6th Anniversary)
Not giving up! Still on Plan A
I can only get stronger!
E
E
Wow 26years! I think that is pretty bad alright! I think at that point I would lose all control, my head would start spinning like a top and pea soup would projectile from my mouth.

What on earth was your response. Gosh, I don't know if I would even have one. I think I'd be in utter shock. I'm sorry, that really stinks!

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
E
E
My FWW tried to convince me of letting her break NC with: "it'd be best for us if I talk to OM again to get closure". Nice try honey.

She actually sent an email to OMW saying: "Take a look at marriagebuilders.com. This site can be really helpful. Take care and I hope you're doing great". She sent this email a few days after D-Day when I exposed to OMW. The funny thing is that my FWW sent the link right after I told her about MB without having read much of the site. How thoughtful of her to try to help OMW after sleeping with her H.

I still have a copy of a letter she intended to send to Dr. Harley. The theme was asking for Dr. Harley to "help my H to move on". That one is a great collection of instant classics. Too bad she didn't send it.

She hit me with: "Why are you questioning my commitment to our DDs? I am a GOOD mother. I just want divorce you.". Oh yeah, I forgot how good mothers have A and get D thinking in the well being of their children.

Those aliens controlling WS are really creative creatures.

--ElCamino72

L
L
I got this in an email from Flick 11 days after d-day...

The answer to the other question you will want answered is yes. Yes I am still seeing PQ, and her and I have talked (a little) about what will happen IF you and I get back together at some stage. I want to make it clear to you that if I come back to you I will remain friends with PQ and will, from time to time, visit her. There will be no "two-timing" or "sharing".
PQ is more than just a f***, she is my friend. We were friends first, everything else came later (this you already know).
I AM KEEPING AN OPEN MIND ON THE STATUS OF MY RELATIONSHIP WITH PQ!!! There is nothing certain or planned at this time.

SO HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE MY FRIEND???

WE COULD GO FOR COFFEE ONE DAY OR SOMETHING???

Strangly when I replied with
I am a strong woman, as a general rule. It is why I have put up with a significant amount of sh*t over the years. However I am not sure I am strong enough for this.

I am hurt that you consider someone you have know for a few weeks could be a better friend than someone you have known for years. I do not think I am secure enough in this relationship to deal with what you are suggesting.

Think about it for a minute. What if the situation was reversed. What would your response be if I had an affair, and then said to you that even if we got back together, I would wish to continue seeing my lover? How would you feel?

Flick, I feel I am bending over backwards to accommodate your demands because I believe in this marriage so much. Something like this makes me feel taken for granted. I fear you will say "that�s it" and I will be sorry if you do, but I will not lick your boots to get you back.

As far as I can tell my crime was not spending enough time with you and the girls. The punishment has been excessive. I am going to need more time to get to a point where I can even begin to consider this.

his only reply was "You do not seem to have been happy with my last email.
Nothing I said was right as far as you are concerned."

No duh! You just told me you wanted to stay friends with the COW that was turning you into a jerk! twoxfour

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
S
S
I knew my H was in a crazy fog when:

H told me out of the blue that he wanted a separation. I made it very clear to him I did not want one, however if that was how he felt then he could leave that very day.

My H then had the nerve to say, "But I really like the house. It would be easier if you would leave and go stay with your parents and then I could stay here with the kids".

Uh, I don't think so....

Sad part about it is that's what he actually believed at first. Then I broke it down and told him how dumb that sounded he tried to change the story and say that's not what he meant. God doesn't need you to have an affair with someone to get them to accept Him. Besides if she accepted the Lord into her life so, why on earth did she continue the EA and wanted him to leave me for her.

"Never get in a bed if your name isn't written on it"
E
E
26years, yep it was pretty dumb of him. What does he think, that God is happy about what he did. My WH acts like that and says God knows his heart, so what he's doing is okay.

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
T
T
Why can't you just respect my decisions?

Oh yeah, and after FB exposure I got the "I can't trust you anymore" comment as well.

Me:41
WS:42
Together 22 yrs, No kids
ILYBNILWY: April 09
WS & OW: Oct 08 - present
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...388#Post2282388
R
R
Originally Posted by mopey
My all time favorite from my H during a year of lies and trickle truth........

"I hate it when you don't believe me when I'm telling the truth".

I've gotten this one several times.

This thread is entertainingand has provided me with a much needed laugh.

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
False recovery b4 I knew about MB 07/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

K
K
I'm getting a few laughs myself. Do these people *ever* think?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
P
These threads are always useful for the newbie BS's.
The fresh BS often thinks theirs is the only crazy-talkin' WS.
Or that no other WS has ever said such rubbish.
It's a good thing to learn that all this garbage is par.

I'm certain many of the former waywards don't appreciate reading such threads ... but in time, they too will find it amusing as well..

Peace

E
E
Travel, You said..."Oh yeah, and after FB exposure I got the "I can't trust you anymore" comment as well."

Well I haven't heard from WH since the FB exposure, his lawyer said he can't talk to me. But before my exposure, before Ihad solid proof, my son overheard my mom and I discussing exposure and took it upon himself to expose a bit (thank God it was the right person, I had no solid proof then) and wrote to about ten of OW family and friends. It was then my WH said it was embarrassing and that we were breaking trust that we'd never be able to regain. I felt like telling WH to look in the mirror. After that I felt no guilt when I exposed.

The ones I got from him 3 years ago in a prior A were...

"I didn't know she'd show up in Tahoe" Yeah right..it was a business trip and she lives in Texas.

and

"I only did it to get back at her because she hurt me so much before"

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
These threads are always useful for the newbie BS's.

That's right Pep! That's why I started it! I think it is really improtant for the new BS's entering here to see that this adultery stuff is all the same. Their WS has not said anything to them that has not been said by a zillion other wayturds. Not to mention, it does provide some comic relief now and then.

Thanks for all the contributions so far and let's keep it rolling!

P
P
I think the protection order hearings from 5/09 and 6/09 take the cake in the craziest things my exWW has said.

When asked by the commisioner on why she needs a continuance:

" I have a medical condition that prevents me from thinking and speaking clearly when under stress. "

Let's just say this came back to haunt her later...

During her opening statement when she was talking about the audiotape of the incident:

" Don't believe everything you hear on the tape. PSUBIKER can act perfectly calm while committing extremely violent acts.I was so shocked by what he did that I said stuff to 911 that really minimized what happened"

She called 911 after I said I won't cosign on a lease with her. She told 911 that I was putting my chest out to her and standing in her body space. However, she told the police that I grabbed her. Also, she stood outside my car and screamed at me for 10 minutes while we waited for the police.

When asked by the judge during the custody hearing if she was proud of her actions that day:

" I was very proud, I was protecting my kids from an extremely violent person"

THe judge ordered her to take anger and stress management classes.

Another time, she said that POSOM knew more about horses than her father. Keep in mind that her father took care of the horses for the DuPont's, is currently the breeding manager for a former Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner, and has been training horses his whole life.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
B
B
I too got the "just give her a chance, you guys are alot alike, I know you'll be great friends", of course at the time I didn't realize she was the enemy.

I've also heard from a WS (but not from my WS):

"I didn't leave because of the OW" and then a couple of sentences later "I knew that when I left, the OW and I would be together"

Mmmm, yeah, okay, and you didn't leave because of the OW? Right!

Me BS
H FWS

DDay 10/2007

Actively recovering, learning, loving, earning a better marriage!
M
M
We were discussing the events leading up to H's A. He had gone over OW's apt for the first time, with a mutual female friend/co-worker. He said defensively: "I knew that if I told you about it, you wouldn't let me go. Am I right?"

I responded: "Yes, but then this A would never have happened." Apparently, this never occurred to him, as he sputtered for several minutes then fell silent. I actually enjoyed watching him, though I didn't show it.

After exposure: "I am (flip the bird) with everyone!" several times, over and over. "I never have fun." "I need to focus on myself and figure out what I want."

This priceless one: "Yes, OW had this guy friend that hangs out at her apt a lot, and I liked him, I couldn't admit that I was gay, that's why I was over there all the time, so I could be with him" then not one minute later asking me to go upstairs and have SF with him, then proceeded to go upstairs, ACTUALLY expecting me to be right behind him. I stayed right where I was, though I hadn't had SF in a month.

Me, BS, 35 - H, FWS, 38
Married 15 years, 4.5 years into Recovery
EA/PA 7/09-9/09
DDay 9/5/09, started Plan A
Exposed 9/13/09, started preparing for Plan B
H finally confessed and agreed to NC 9/27/09, never went to Plan B
Still a MB rookie, but striving to learn more and put it into practice every day... w/ FWH along for the ride
S
S
WOW, where to start? I had a long drawn out Dday I guess because it started Nov 07 and went until Nov 09.

I have gems from BOTH WH and POSOW.

POSOW- "Why would I want to date a man who would cheat on his wife and leave his children for me?" I asked her this again in Nov 09 but she didn't have an answer naughty

WH-"What I want for the next 3 months is for us to be civil to eachother, well more than civil since we were more than that." dontknow

WH-"We are just friends. She is not even my type. She is like my sister we are so much alike." puke

POSOW-the night I found out about SF "You don't recognize WH any more because he is so HAPPY with me and he was never happy with you." My response, "reallY? then why is he so depressed that he can't eat or sleep?"

WH-"I just want you to be YOU." Okay I'll stop being the king of France since you asked. Or did he mean he wanted me to just be ME with no him? Hmmmmmm HAHAHAHAHA rotflmao

POSOW- while discussing my kids and visitation, "He's not the first Dad to leave his kids." My response, "Nope but he is their first Dad to leave them."

POSOW- "There is a house for rent down the street from you, we will just move in there." faint

WH- "just because I am living with OW, it doesn't mean that it is over for us." doh2

When I found WH at POSOW's apt and got him on HER phone, He said, "She was having a problem with her BF so I came over to help her(and lied and said I was going somewhere else)" My response, "Yea the problem with her BF is that HE IS MARRIED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by Scotland; 02/01/10 08:49 PM.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation