Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
_
_Larry_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_

Well, major discussion today. I asked a naive question and the war started. I am not crazy about personal attacks. As a survivor of something called the UseNet, I can deal with them.

As it turns out, Historical Honesty can be a serious hair ball. I hope everyone has a chance to read the thread.

Maritalbliss passed 1,000 posts today. Congratulations.

Tomorrow I will be back to recognizing those who do good.

Larry

C
C
Originally Posted by chrisner
Wait a minute..... I'm in California and my kitchen window DOES look out on a beautiful mountain/canyon scene.....

Is it on fire?

Not today. Ask me again in October. We were evacuated a couple of years ago for fires and had the joy of listening to radio announcers describing the scene on our street as we drove away. Not a single home in our community was damaged, but the fire lines came right up to the back yards.Our house? Fire across the street in a canyon gully, jumped to a tree at the very edge of our property, and then jumped half a mile downhill... where devastation occurred. No rhyme or reason. But firefighters are really heroes around here. There is no way our entire development should have been spared.

But today, it is beautiful!

Chrysalis
M
M
Aren't the 4 seasons in SoCal Fire, Flood, Earth Quake and Drought?

S
S
HAHAHA The joke In Canada is that we have 2 seasons, winter and July, or, winter and construction. HEHEHEHEHEHE

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by Mark1952

Speaking of which, I was in Los Angeles last weekend and was in my hotel room taking a nap when the bed started moving around! faint I laid there in horror thinking the room must be haunted! It turns out there was massive earthquake south of us in Mexico. egads...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Speaking of which, I was in Los Angeles last weekend and was in my hotel room taking a nap when the bed started moving around! faint I laid there in horror thinking the room must be haunted! It turns out there was massive earthquake south of us in Mexico. egads...

We had a tremor here in NJ in Feb. It sounded like an explosion and it rocked the whole house! Of course my H was in Florida visiting his parents that weekend and taking a course. I told him that he misses all the fun stuff.

pk

C
C

Let's see. Fire season is October. The summer bake-off has made the fuel nice and dry on the hills. The winds blow hot from the high desert and whoosh faster and faster through the canyons rushing towards the ocean. All it takes is one spark, or a bird flying into an electrical line, or....

Earthquake season is January, particularly very hot, eerie, still days in January, once every 20 years or so. Northridge was in 1994, so we can start to be nervous pretty soon.... when I was 7 months pregnant and thrown out of bed in the Northridge EQ, I didn't think I could physically live through the shock of another one, but I didn't even notice the one last weekend, so that may be encouraging. (DS 26 felt it, and he was 20 feet away from me in another room.)

Flood season comes after fire season in the burn areas.

Drought season is all the time unless you have an El Nino, which we do this winter. So the hills are green and life is good.

I don't get how people can live here and say they "miss the seasons" from other places... we've got plenty of seasons.

Speaking of seasons, Opening Day is Tuesday....

Go Dodgers!

Chrysalis
M
M
Originally Posted by penaltykill
[
We had a tremor here in NJ in Feb. It sounded like an explosion and it rocked the whole house! Of course my H was in Florida visiting his parents that weekend and taking a course. I told him that he misses all the fun stuff.

pk

pk, this was so bizarre because the building did not seem to shake, just the BED! I told myself it couldn't be an earthquake because surely the building would come down, right? crazy I discovered later that their buildings are earthquake proof and sort of go with the flow.

I was glad to get back to Texas where we don't have that left coast foolishness. God Bless Texas! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T

Are you sure it wasn't one of those REALLY NICE places -- where the beds are coin-operated???

TB

M
M
Originally Posted by BTinBL
Are you sure it wasn't one of those REALLY NICE places -- where the beds are coin-operated???

TB

rotflmao That is what my husband said!! I had never - in my life - heard of a "coin operated bed" before. Where do you men find out about such stuff??

Exposure 101

P
P

Last edited by Pepperband; 04/11/10 08:34 PM.
_
_Larry_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
Originally Posted by BTinBL

TB

rotflmao That is what my husband said!! I had never - in my life - heard of a "coin operated bed" before. Where do you men find out about such stuff??

We make it up! Uh, actually we don't make it up. Sorry guys, I have to let Mel in on the secret.

Coin Operated Bed

Larry

T
T

Maybe we chalk this up to "Great minds think alike".....

Pep, we're GUYS. I think it's in the GUY MANUAL -- required reading for the male species. Chapter 5 or 6 -- 'How to Make a Bed More Useful'......

In all fairness, I did just watch 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' a week or so ago. Could've dredged it up from that little episode.......

TB

P
P

Last edited by Pepperband; 04/11/10 08:33 PM.
T
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
*ahem*

It was MEL who asked (not me)

Sorry Pep!

I stand corrected.....

Larry with some lightning quick assistance, though. Hopefully, that was just 'quick research' on his part, and not a bookmarked 'Favorite'......

TB

R
R
Originally Posted by Scotland
HAHAHA The joke In Canada is that we have 2 seasons, winter and July, or, winter and construction. HEHEHEHEHEHE

Scotland - grew up in northern Ontario not far from the hometown of a country music singer.

I recall one Mother's Day my uncle took my dad and mother on a bush plane fly over and the bush plane had its skis still fastened. Our local airport happened to be the lake.

And for those folks that believe in global warming - yeah when I see palm trees on the shores of Lake Ontario

Last edited by rwinger; 04/11/10 02:14 AM. Reason: straighten out sentence structure

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
P
P
*************************edit*******************

Last edited by JustUss; 04/11/10 04:23 PM. Reason: personal attack

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
_
_Larry_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
****edit****

Don't restart arguments from locked threads.

Last edited by Dufresne; 04/11/10 08:14 PM. Reason: restarting argument from locked thread
M
M
Dang. So I go out of town for the weekend and all heck breaks loose around here. I always miss the good stuff.
laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

G
G
your so cal - i am nor cal

we have two season - grey and blue....rainy and sunny...and its spordiaclly placed through out the year...your just as likely to get rain in june and sun in january...very random.

and earthquakes - i dont notice them unless they are above a 5.2...and they gotta be close...earth quakes are something i have lived my whole life with

DODGERS!!!! i am a doger fan as I should be since I was born in so cal...well...I am a giants fan cause I live up north except when they are playing the dodgers...then I am a dodger fan just to annoy my fellow giants fans (more fun that way)...and thats only if someone has given me free tickets to a game...i dont watch it on TV or anything lie that.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation