Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
F
Any suggestions on how I can find out the OWs name (ideally without the expense of hiring a PI)? I have her cell phone number. I've been trying to get into my husband's email account to learn info that way. He's overseas for work right now. I just learned about racy text messages with sexual overtones right before he left. So, I told him that I need a little time to think, process & pray. I'm thinking about just asking him for his email password. But, I know he'll be reluctant to give it to me (if he does it at all). His response has always been that I have to trust him. I'm wondering if it's worth asking. And, I don't want to initiate a love buster or tip him off that I'm looking around....

I've been thinking about downloading a remote keylogger to access his keystrokes right now (even while he's away). But, I'm concerned about the legality of that because his computer is not his/ours; it's issued by his company.

Any thoughts? Other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

BW me- 35
WH -35 (travels a lot for work)
3 daughters (one= deceased, others ages 5 & 2)
I discovered A on April, 16 2010
Plan A
Y
YEG Offline
Y
Adding my GPS solution.

I bought this one.

GPS with 6 month battery

This one is pricey. $400 for the unit. Then $60 activation and $40 a month subscription.

It gets the job done though.

It has a strong magnet that allows covert installation on the auto. Most people put it along the back bumper. The battery is like a giant cell phone battery. It indeed lasts about 6 months.

Tracker reads out in real time. Gives updates about every 5 minutes. The location is trackable within about 20 feet. Sometimes you will get a whacked out ping. Especially if the car is still moving or inside a garage. Its easily close enough to figure out where the car is though.

It has a geofence function that allows you to fence off an area.If the car leaves the fence or crosses the line you can get up an email (or text) to alert you.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
Plan B or Recovery on 7-1-10 Its in her court ATM
My thread
N
N
Anyone know of a way to use a router to monitor activity on a wireless laptop? The laptop HAS to go through the router, so it seems like there would be some way to do this.

Separated - wife comes to the house during the day to watch the kids while I work. I have NO access to her laptop. She spends many hours each day doing I don't know what on it.

Thanks.

H
H
Originally Posted by FaithfulandTrue
Any suggestions on how I can find out the OWs name (ideally without the expense of hiring a PI)? I have her cell phone number. I've been trying to get into my husband's email account to learn info that way. He's overseas for work right now. I just learned about racy text messages with sexual overtones right before he left. So, I told him that I need a little time to think, process & pray. I'm thinking about just asking him for his email password. But, I know he'll be reluctant to give it to me (if he does it at all). His response has always been that I have to trust him. I'm wondering if it's worth asking. And, I don't want to initiate a love buster or tip him off that I'm looking around....

I've been thinking about downloading a remote keylogger to access his keystrokes right now (even while he's away). But, I'm concerned about the legality of that because his computer is not his/ours; it's issued by his company.

Any thoughts? Other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Faithful, did you try and call the cell phone # and see if she has a personal message. Sometimes you can get the info that way. Just dial *67 area code and number and it will not show your number as private. Good chance she won't answer if it is private # and have it go to Voice mail.

with the keylogger I know with my work laptop I don't have admin rights for personal software so it might just not work. Not sure about legality either.

One site that is free is www.pipl.com. When I put in the OW name I found out what social sites she belonged to. You can also do a reverse search for email, username and phone #. Might stumble on some information

Try to put your H name also, you might find out where he is connecting with her and get a name that way. Good luck

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
Very very useful and informative thread

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
B
B
http://www.intouchmvc.com/codriver-obd-vehicle-tracking-device.html

This thing plugs into the OBD plugin on your car. Its small, always on (even when the car is off) and you subscribe to their service where their database records where the vehicle goes for about $20 a month.

Unless a person knows to check the OBD, they would never think to look for it. Very easy to install since you just plug it into the OBD.

(info from the link copy/pasted)

The CoDriver OBD is by far our most popular unit. It's small, accurate, affordable, and the easiest tracking device to install on the market today! Just plug the tracking unit in under the dash of the vehicle, then login to our web portal and you're up and tracking in real time.

How the system works...In a nutshell
The InTouch OBD device is powered from the vehicles OBD connection (even when the vehicle is off). The device gets its own location from satellites, the sends that information to our data center where it is accessible by you via our online web portal. When you purchase a device, your personalized web portal is created and the access information is sent to you via email.

How the device plugs in...
OBD stands for On Board Diagnostics. ALL passenger vehicles that are 1996 or newer have the OBD plug as it was mandated by the transportation authority. Our device gets power and vehicle info from this plug and then transmits it back to our data center where you can access it via our online web portal.

Unit Specs
Size: 1.75 x 1 x 2 inches
Connectivity: Satellite/GPRS
Power: Vehicle OBD

Last edited by BTinTrouble; 06/19/10 08:30 AM.

Lifelong recovery never ends.

M
OP Offline
M
BT, that sounds like a great solution! What is the OBD, though?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Ummmmm ML, he said,
OBD stands for On Board Diagnostics.

I didn't look at the website to see if it can be installed by someone who knows NOTHING about cars though(ME ME ME).

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
Ummmmm ML, he said,
OBD stands for On Board Diagnostics.

I didn't look at the website to see if it can be installed by someone who knows NOTHING about cars though(ME ME ME).

dontknow

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
A thingy under the hood(I think) that stays on all of the time. It's part of the computer system in dem deer new cars. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
A thingy under the hood(I think) that stays on all of the time. It's part of the computer system in dem deer new cars. laugh

You silly goose!! It is not under da hood!! rotflmao It is under the dash thingie!! This dude demonstrates it here.

Exposure 101

E
E
Originally Posted by nice777guy
Anyone know of a way to use a router to monitor activity on a wireless laptop? The laptop HAS to go through the router, so it seems like there would be some way to do this.

Separated - wife comes to the house during the day to watch the kids while I work. I have NO access to her laptop. She spends many hours each day doing I don't know what on it.

I haven't seen much info here about snooping under scenarios where you don't have control of the computer in question but have access to the same shared media such as a WiFi wireless network or wired (e.g. ethernet) LAN. Under these circumstances you may be able to grab the data you are looking for as it travels through the network.

Your best bet in these scenarios is to do a Man in the Middle (MITM) attack. Basically you want to trick the WS computer to unknowingly send the data traffic to another computer you control so that you can act as an invisible relay. This can allow you to:
- Capture network usernames and passwords
- See browsing history
- Obtain a copy of data as it was sent/received from the Internet (chat/web sites/email, etc)
- Automatically modify the data traffic in real time. This feature can be used for tactics like replacing phone numbers, names, addresses, etc as they travel over the network (think about creative ways to change part of the contents in web sites/emails/chats that WS is looking :evil:).

MitM attacks can be done in many ways. Doing it at the router may not be the best way (as it depends on the hardware and software of your router device). There are tools used to turn your computer into a rogue wireless access point but these may be a little advanced for the non-technical.

IMO, the easiest tool to perform a MitM attack is Cain & Abel: http://www.oxid.it. There are more advanced tools (I use others professionally) but this one is free, very versatile, relatively easy to use and runs under Windows. You need to install it in a computer that is in the same local network as the target system. Just make sure you experiment with the tool before using it against the target since in some situations it may cause weird behavor that could raise suspicions.

There's ton of info out there about MitM attacks. Just google for it. I use these techniques frequently in my line of work so if anybody needs more help with this approach I'd be glad to answer questions.

--ElCamino72

Last edited by ElCamino72; 06/19/10 02:52 PM. Reason: fixed URL
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

You silly goose!! It is not under da hood!! rotflmao It is under the dash thingie!! This dude demonstrates it here.

I said I knew NOTHING bout dem deer automobeels.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
I said I knew NOTHING bout dem deer automobeels.

I know dis! You are like me, you don't know an "on board diagnostic" from a radio tuner!! sigh

Exposure 101

M
M
Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow access Blackberry Messenger transcripts? (like IM for Blackberry) I think this is primarily how WH is communicating with OW.

BW (31)
WH (31)
DD (4)
Married 10+ years
D-Day= 4/22/10
WH Moved Out= 5/8/10
Started Plan A = 5/29/10
E
E
Originally Posted by MarieClaire
Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow access Blackberry Messenger transcripts? (like IM for Blackberry) I think this is primarily how WH is communicating with OW.

This can be done if the BlackBerry is connected to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) version 4.1 or higher. BES is typically used by companies to manage their BlackBerries. The problem is getting that information from the company. Perhaps if you know somebody in IT... or if you can force HR to get the evidence.

The BES can log the info to a file or send it realtime to an email address. The same applies for SMS, Phone Logs, Enterprise Messenger, Emails and PINs.

For technical details on how to enable auditing in the BES see BlackBerry Knowledge Base Artice id: KB05024

In my case, it proved to be a gold mine. But I was an authorized BES administrator and a company owner which allowed me to get the info.

Good luck

--ElCamino72

M
M
Thanks EC...off to look into this!

BW (31)
WH (31)
DD (4)
Married 10+ years
D-Day= 4/22/10
WH Moved Out= 5/8/10
Started Plan A = 5/29/10
M
M
Hi! I'm having a difficult time downloading instamapper. I am trying to download it onto a motorola i465. I initially signed up for the website with my I-touch. I now am trying to sign on with my motorola, however I am receiving some type of 500 error and can't sign on. I'm not sure how to procceed. Should I be trying to download everything onto my motorola at this point? When do I download anything onto my I-touch to monitor the phone?
Thanks so much for any help
mike

Me: 40 year old BH, Her: 39 year old WW
Married 10 years, together for 13. Two children ages 1 and 3.
Discovered A via wife's email on 5/28. Asked a lot of questions and wife admiited to A on 6/1.
Admitted to additional contact on 6/26.
S
S
Bump

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Anyone have any info on the blackberry spyware. H has a blackberry 8330 and I want to be able to see his texts, H been deleting the all regularly plus the texts at all hours of the day and night. I'd like to have one with a gps also or can buy one for his car. I know that with flexispy can only get the light version (without gps) due to the type of blackberry he has.

I've heard about Mobile spy and Mobistealth also. But I only hear ppl talk about flexispy, anyone have any info on the other spyware?

Me-25 FWW/BS
DH-25 BS/WH (user name DRO)
M- 4/17/2004
DS-4 OC born 12/10/2005
D-Day 1 4/4/2008 (my A)
DNA test #1 4/17/2008
DD-1 born 6/11/2009
D-Day 2 7/20/2010 (H's A)
DNA test #2 7/23/2010

NC yet to happen between H and OW........
R not yet able to happen

my story
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2102978#Post2102978

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2408314&page=1
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation