Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Fortunately or unfortunately I came upon this website almost a year again on our D day. My wife started an affair when I was away and it bloomed fully once I got back, I'm sure everyone knows that story by now.

Since then I thought we were in recovery, we moved away to another state. We have been trying to rekindle find what it was we need/want and I try to keep the love bank in mind, though I am guilty of not always keeping it in mind.

In this last year since moving away there was at first NC with the other man but after a few months I caught her emailing him. and she confessed and I don't think she has been in contact since. During the fall was the most tumultuous our relationship has been and it was up/down all the time. She wants to try, she doesn't want to try...etc not a new story.
Since winter though things were up for a while then she was pregnant and things went way down (normal pregnancy moodiness) then she had a miscarriage. She has been very down lately and at one point told me she wanted to be close to me again like we were before she got crazy moody. I've just been trying to make deposits in her love bank and try not to be hurt so much when she has been withdrawing from my love bank for the past few months.

This morning I knew something was wrong as soon as we woke up, emotionally between us. I went to work and at work I get IM's from her saying she is ready to "stop doing this with me" and "divorce would be easy in this state" things like that. She wont call me because she doesn't want to talk to me and she doesn't want our kids to hear us.

Right now I feel shattered to pieces, I have tried so hard to make this work, and I feel like when we are good it feels so worth all this, moving to another state, finding a new job, living with this woman who stomped my heart during the affair. Right now it seems so final, even when we were down, I feel like this feels different. She has always seemed to be like the electric fence personality that was described in one of the articles. Things are great when you are on walking the path together....but cross her fence and feel the wrath.

I don't know what to do, I'm afraid to go home after work and see something different in her eyes. I can't stay wt work forever. I've been looking at things like child custody and divorce law here and it is breaking my heart to even smaller pieces. It's not just that I want my kids, I want my kids with her together.

I feel so lost and it's all I can do to keep on my "face" at work.

BH: 30
F(?)WW: 34
5+ years married
D-day: Fathers day 2009
NC agreement: Aug 2009
Plan A: Aug 2009 - moved out of state and all that as well
NC broken: Oct 2009
1 boy
S
S
Sorry you are here but welcome to MB smile
Originally Posted by slayton79
In this last year since moving away there was at first NC with the other man but after a few months I caught her emailing him. and she confessed and I don't think she has been in contact since. During the fall was the most tumultuous our relationship has been and it was up/down all the time. She wants to try, she doesn't want to try...etc not a new story.
I am not going to sugar coat it. redflag redflag redflag Big Red Flags going off that you have never reached recovery because contact never ended. In my case the up down commitment to the M correlated DIRECTLY with contact.

Has your WW agreed to be O&H, giving you passwords to all accounts and phone records? Do you have a keylogger installed?

Can you press "Notify" and have this moved to SAA?

Last edited by SusieQ; 07/16/10 10:48 AM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Some more questions:

Is OM married?

And the most important question: Who did you expose to?

Last edited by SusieQ; 07/16/10 10:52 AM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for your response, right now I feel like so I don't know , detached and horrible and just like "this can't be happeneing" type mode.

I thought contact had ended in...Oct or so last year, almost postive. Though hard to be 110%.

I do have all the passwords and phone records and I don't know she seemed willing to give them over at the the time and I have given her my passwords to my email...etc but now it seems like some point of contention sometimes like offhand remarks, "you know because you read my emails" stuff like that when in fact I lately haven't because I didn't think it was an issue anymore and that we were recovering. She doesn't believe me if I say I didn't.

I pressed notify and asked to move to SAA.

I just don't know what to do. I feel completely shattered to pieces.

5+ years married
1 boy
S
OP Offline
S
The OM was divorced/divorcing.

We exposed to friends and family. She hated that part I think the most because she didn't want them to know what she had done.

I honestly felt like we were in recovery...from Nov to May and then in May she just went haywire which later she found out she was pregnant and then I was attributing a lot of it to her haywiredness. From midMay to June it was very rough for me I won't lie, but then the end of June we found out of problems with the pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage. That was ended a few weeks ago, and now today she tells me she wants to stop "us" and all this stuff.

5+ years married
1 boy
S
S
Did you confirm this yourself or was this something OM told you?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Did you install a keylogger?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
M
This morning I knew something was wrong as soon as we woke up, emotionally between us. I went to work and at work I get IM's from her saying she is ready to "stop doing this with me" and "divorce would be easy in this state" things like that. She wont call me because she doesn't want to talk to me and she doesn't want our kids to hear us.

slayton, I would implore you to call up Steve Harley and have him give you a PLAN for restoring the love in your marriage. Your marriage has failed to recover because there is no PLAN here. As long as your marriage remains BAD, it will pale in comparison to her fantasy idea of her affair.

If a marriage has no plan to recover after an affair, it is just a crippled version of the bad pre-A marriage. A marriage cannot recover without a plan.

And I do suspect that contact has resumed as Susie said. She has that point of comparison in her mind and is furious that you don't/can't measure up to what she feels with the OM.

Therefore, I would suggest you step up the snooping. Put a keylogger on her computer,[get eblaster at spectorpro.com] tap your phone, put a VAR in her car. But you need to step it up for sure.

And if you have given her passwords to your accounts, I would change the passwords for now. Radical honesty is for recovery and you are not in recovery.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

I would find out who the wife is. Even if they are "divorcing" the news of an affair could help her in her divorce suit. More likely, it is a lie that he getting divorced.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Confirmed via the wonders of the internet. Before we moved to another state, the OM even called me to talk to me and telling me how sorry..blah blah blah. Crazy stuff.

More background:

I picked up the Surviving an Affair and His needs/her needs book almost a year ago and tried to work through it with my W. I have lurked on the board since then and sometimes other peoples stories were able to help me through my tough time then. Around Nov/Dec or so I stopped coming to the board because it seemed to me at least things were coming around to Recovery and that I noticed some of the signs of resentment that were mentioned in the book starting to fester within me spring of this year. I strated thinking all those ..."how could she..." and other not helpful thoughts and tried to push those to the side as much as I could and continue to deposit into her love bank and realize when I would withdraw and things like that.

Last year I hesitate to post all this but now it seems like I can't stop it from all coming out.

Last edited by slayton79; 07/16/10 11:15 AM.

5+ years married
1 boy
S
S
Let me dust off my WW translator:

"You know because you read my emails..."

Translation: "I know you have access to one email account, but I'm so smart because I'm using a secret email account and/or affair phone."

J
J
She is either still contacting OM#1 or is starting an affair with a different person. What are her ENs and LBs, and how have you been doing in that regard?

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
M
M
slayton, one of the critical pieces of this program is spending 20+ hours per week together of undivided attention meeting these top 4 intimate needs: affection, conversation, sexual fulfillment and rec companionship. Dr Harley says his program won't work without it.

How much time do you spend together ALONE each week?

And how were you able to confirm the OM's divorce? When was he divorced? And was this affair a factor?

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by schtoop
Let me dust off my WW translator:

"You know because you read my emails..."

Translation: "I know you have access to one email account, but I'm so smart because I'm using a secret email account and/or affair phone."

EXACTAMUNDO!!

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
jmwc95:
Took me a bit of figuring out as I've been away from the board a while but I remembered EN = emotional Needs and LB = love busters.

On the EN's I'd say lately through this miscarriage stuff I know I have handled it poorly. I've taken care of the physical "easy" things but not been there for her as much as I needed to, though in my defense I am trying to cope with the miscarriage as well. I know it's not as devastating as it didn't happen to me, we were both excited about this "whoops" pregnancy. I know this has been a huge lack on my part and I am trying. Now this "I want to divorce thing" is a huge blow to me.

Melody:

Before the craziness of the pregnancy and miscarriage. I think we were shooting for ~2 hours a day, usually it was at the end of hte night when all the kids were asleep, talking, sex reading books to each other. These last ~2 months that has gone completely out the window, for a while she couldn't stand me but I attributed that to the pregnancy hormones...as we have had a son before an that time was super crazy in terms of moodiness. It's hard to spend time when the other person doesn't want to do that with you. Since finding out about the failed pregnancy and having hte miscarriage thing done, I thought we were on the mend because we started doing those things together we had done prior to the recent problems. However I know I wasn't there for her enough emotionally as I needed to be when she needed me to be there. Not just when I had time or something. that I know now was a huge withdrawal from her love bank.

We haven't talked about the last affair in a few months now other than her asking me not to let it ruin fathers day of this year because that was the D day for me last year. I didn't let it ruin my day with her an my son, I had those thoughts creeping in my mind about the hurt and all that but I pushed it to the side because I saw how hard my wife was trying despite the morning sickness...etc

Maybe it is someone new....I should have let this out earlier but last night when I was using the computer I logged into yahoo mail and her email came up, nothing wrong with that as she is the primary user. I was going to sign out but before I even got a chance she had an instant message from this online guy. This guy is not the OM or not the same one anyway. She has known him online for as long as she has known me and she has talked to him on/off for as long as we have been married. It never used to be a problem for me until the affair last year when I became super paranoid and all that and asked her NC with him as well in Oct of last year, the same time as the NC with the OM. I guess that isn't the case.

I didn't say anything before because I was being delusional.

5+ years married
1 boy
S
OP Offline
S
I've been dusting up on this site since well I stopped coming because I thought this was over with.

Plan B....I don't know, financially this doesn't even seem feasible for our family right now. Also....I'm supposed to be deploying for a year in Dec, I'll be in an out for the next few months as our unit trains up. Then we leave.

I'm so lost. In May it wsa like this huge high, we were getting close, we were spending the 15+ hours being together alone...all those things.

Then really happy news, we were happy she was pregnant...all that stuff. Then due to moodiness we drifted away from each other again, then bad news in regards to the pregnancy and now....divorce??????

5+ years married
1 boy
V
V
Plan B....I don't know, financially this doesn't even seem feasible for our family right now.

You think divorce will be financially feasible? And yet, if you do nothing, that's exactly where you'll wind up - some how people always manage to come up with the money for THAT.

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
S
OP Offline
S
I guess I struggle with Plan B becaues it seems like to me she should be the one to move out since she is the one that feels this way. On the other hand I'm supposed to be leaving for a while soon and I just dont know what to do. I'm still here at work, worried about going home.

I want to do what so many people here have said, no R talk. Don't go down that road. I have been very restrained compared to last year at this time when I found out about the A and the all that.

To top everything off, today is my DS's birthday. What a lovely day.

5+ years married
1 boy
M
M
slayton, first things first. Put a keylogger on her computer. Go to spectorpro.com and get eblaster if you want the reports mailed to some other computer. Set up a webbased email account so she can't find it. OR install spectorpro if you have daily access to her computer. Personally, I would use the eblaster becuase you can get reports throughout the day on your work computer.

Do your best to meet her needs and avoid lovebusters. Spend as much time as possible with her. And most of all, DO NOT COOPERATE WITH ANY DIVORCE PROPOSALS. If she brings it up, tell her you are not interested. Don't move out and don't agree to anything.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
I have installed Spector pro now
Update since Friday:
Friday was my DS's birthday that day she told him he was a stupid brat wow talk about a great birthday memory! She told me she wasn't going to do anything for his party tommorrow and maybe she would drive away on Friday but be really mean to my DS before she left so he would hate her.
I get home an hour later and all seems fine as she gets ready for his party with no mention of the morningsaturday she is not herself but not crazy either. Sunday evening she asks me what is wrong and I tell her Friday was. So she goes on to telling me her thoughts about me and our marriage. I have heard her say so many things last year during the A but this felt different I guess because I thought we were on our way back. Needless to say I left turbojet over an hour ago heartbroken. I'm currently sitting in my car in some random parking lot typing from my iPhone. Inane spent the last hour or so ailing and asking why me? what have I done?!?! I didn't want the kids to see me so upset while my F?WW sits there so calmly dismantling me. At this point I don't know which way is up and don't know what to do!! I beginleaving for pre deployment truing on and off for the next few months before leaving for a year. I find myself asking what am I even fighting for? my own wife who I haven given everything for doesn't even want me. I don't see anyway to possibly do plan A again given how often I'll be gone.

What really kills me is the bought of my 5 year old boy who I love so much being with my W for the next 1.5 years. By the

5+ years married
1 boy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation