Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns
why don't you find out, call the hotel. You can say something like..

"Hi, I'm in room #___ and I think I left my wallet inside the room, can someone check it for me to see if it's still there?"

Idk, I am sure someone else might have a better approach. If they check knowing this is a MALES voice, then you know there is another male that was in that hotel.

I'd send her a bouquet of flowers with a nice card: "Hi honey! I miss you - can't wait for you to get back home so we can...you know...pick up where we left off wink Love, your devoted Huggy Bear" (or any sugary 'pet' name you can come up with) And if he's not? No harm, no foul. Your W can smell the roses.

If OM is there, that'll take some of the salt out of his pecker er...I mean pepper. dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
If OM is there, that'll take some of the salt out of his pecker er...I mean pepper. dance2

rotflmao

Last edited by SapphireReturns; 09/14/10 01:39 PM.
A
OP Offline
A
Thank you everyone for all of the posts. I finally figured out why her talking to him bothers me so much. It isn't because she is having a sexual affair with him. It is because she is having an emotional affair with him. I have called the hotel and there is not another man staying with her and there is no evidence that he has been there or will be there.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns
why don't you find out, call the hotel. You can say something like..

"Hi, I'm in room #___ and I think I left my wallet inside the room, can someone check it for me to see if it's still there?"

Idk, I am sure someone else might have a better approach. If they check knowing this is a MALES voice, then you know there is another male that was in that hotel.

That is a good idea thank you.

I'd send her a bouquet of flowers with a nice card: "Hi honey! I miss you - can't wait for you to get back home so we can...you know...pick up where we left off wink Love, your devoted Huggy Bear" (or any sugary 'pet' name you can come up with) And if he's not? No harm, no foul. Your W can smell the roses.

M
M
Originally Posted by AnchorageMike
Thank you everyone for all of the posts. I finally figured out why her talking to him bothers me so much. It isn't because she is having a sexual affair with him. It is because she is having an emotional affair with him. I have called the hotel and there is not another man staying with her and there is no evidence that he has been there or will be there.

Of course that's why you're upset! These are emotions she should be sharing with YOU.

Don't take the info from the hotel as literal. They don't babysit their customers.

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ
The next question I asked that I can't find an answer to is:
Do you know OM's name? Contact info? What evidence do you have of the A?
I know his first name only and have no contact infomation.
You must have the phone # if you check your home phone records or your W's cell records, right? Didn't you say they have been talking on the phone?

Also can you hack into her email/FB accounts? YOu may be able to get his full name that way as well.

Did your W admit the A to you?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2426807 09/14/10 02:04 PM
C
C
An EA from Craigslist? Not likely.

SusieQ #2426810 09/14/10 02:09 PM
A
OP Offline
A
You must have the phone # if you check your home phone records or your W's cell records, right? Didn't you say they have been talking on the phone?

Also can you hack into her email/FB accounts? YOu may be able to get his full name that way as well.

I have tried to get into her email and I am working on getting the cell phone records. She dosn't have a FB account. And yes I do want her to admit it that is what the hang up is she claims that she is doing nothing wrong.

M
M
I have tried to get into her email and I am working on getting the cell phone records. She dosn't have a FB account. And yes I do want her to admit it that is what the hang up is she claims that she is doing nothing wrong.

Don't get caught up in trying to get her to admit what you already know. What will that gain you? She's in the fog right now. That's not going to happen until she's out of it.

D-Day 2-10-2009

A
A
AM, in my opinion she is in Seattle with OM. It seem pretty natural as she is having an A.
You need to find out with evidence, of course, but the flags are red.
blessing

atena
A
OP Offline
A

Oops I misread that. she admitted the first affair and I have forgiven her of that and was trying to move forward when the second affair started. No she thinks that what she is doing with V is alright and that I should not be hurt or upset about it. She did tell me that she was talking to him.

atena #2426820 09/14/10 02:21 PM
C
C
I found the cellphone records to be especially helpful in discovering the extent of the affair. The printed statements showed not only the numbers called, but from what cell tower the calls were made and received.

I found that one night, she called the POSOM from our neighborhood at 9:30pm. Then she called him from his neighborhood at 10:15pm and he did not answer. Then he called her and she was in his neighborhood at 10:16pm. The next call was a call from me at 7:30am. You guessed it, she was in his neighborhood. When presented with this evidence, she told me she didn't remember. Later, she owned up to the extent of the affair when she came out of the fog.

She initially told me it was nothing, then it was an EA. Then it was a one night PA that was borderline rape, then it was a full on PA with a friend of mine from college that lasted a year and had a couple of SF.Then it became clear it was maybe a dozen SFs.

What I am trying to say is do not believe that it was an EA until she come out of the fog and tells you the truth. This will take a lot more time and work on your part.

S
S

I am not saying to get her to admit to the A...

I guess I was confused as to how you knew it was an A if you didn't have an emails or phone records?? She just told you she was talking to somebody but you don't know how much? I am confused...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2426822 09/14/10 02:29 PM
A
A
AM is a wayward himself...I do not know how honest he can be....it seems to me the necessary steps to R their M were never taken.
I am not sure what AM plan is and what the actual story about his WW current A is about...what kind of evidence is he gathering...
they are both wayward in this M...
blessing

atena
atena #2426828 09/14/10 02:38 PM
S
S
OK, I went back and re-read, so you know she was talking to him twice and you know she was texting him at least a few times, right?

She could be disconnected from the M from both of your multiple As or she could be in a true EA, it's hard to tell as an outsider at this point. You need to do more investigating by checking the phone records to get a better idea of what is going on, how much contact there is.

At the very least, once you find out who OM is, you need to get in touch with OMW to let her know what is going on...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2429898 09/25/10 12:17 AM
D
D
If she comes back to Seattle and you are suspicious, send me a PM and I will go over to the hotel and check in person for you.

Me: BW, 46
Him: WH, 48
EA/PA with co-worker 8-08 to 7-09
D-day 7-29
NC 8-17
OW and WH both fired from jobs
OW lost court case for restraining order- judge called her a "practiced deciever" who manufactured evidence!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 1,070 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation