Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
pstogs Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yes and yes. I didnt hang out in bars to begin with and the life that we have had since the indescretion has been fine. At what point do you earn forgiveness? I have had no contact with him or these friends since that point in our marriage. I have said repeatly in these posts that my only friends are him and my daughters...they are the only people I do anything with. I have no contact with these people that I let into my life. What more can I do. I have honestly told him what happened, I have no contact with these people, I have no friends other that my husband and my family, I dont do things without my husband and I dont hang out in bars...not that I ever did. Now what to do?

pstogs #2535012 08/12/11 10:31 AM
M
M
pstogs, let me put it another way. When a story does not GEL, a betrayed spouse is like a bloodhound. They have no peace until the story rings TRUE. He will continue to DIG until the story rings true. Unfortunately, many waywards stupidly withhold critical details so they "won't hurt" the BS. BIG MISTAKE. I hope you are not doing that.

For some reason your story does not add up for your husband. Get the polygraph, lose the attitude, and hopefully that will make him feel better. If you pass the polygraph and it doesn't reassure him, then you can send him here and we can help him.

edited to add: why are you posting this to Mike's thread?? He is fighting for his marriage and you are bringing this to his thread? Why?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by pstogs
Yes and yes. I didnt hang out in bars to begin with and the life that we have had since the indescretion has been fine. At what point do you earn forgiveness? I have had no contact with him or these friends since that point in our marriage. I have said repeatly in these posts that my only friends are him and my daughters...they are the only people I do anything with. I have no contact with these people that I let into my life. What more can I do. I have honestly told him what happened, I have no contact with these people, I have no friends other that my husband and my family, I dont do things without my husband and I dont hang out in bars...not that I ever did. Now what to do?

I told you what to do. GEt a polygraph test. The reason he has not forgiven you is because he doesn't believe your story. Its impossible to forgive under those circumstances.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
F
Posts from other thread have been merged into this one.

J
J
I started hanging out with some old friends from high school...

trying to recapture my youth I guess.

One night my husband and I went out to a bar with all my old friends

and my old boyfriend from high school was there.

I acted a fool

and went after him...

I guess just to prove I still HAD IT?

We did not have sex but I did sneak off to the back with him.

All I hear is "its really not that bad" "it's just an indiscretion"

Until you can admit to yourself the awful, disgusting thing you did to your husband he will never heal. It wasn't just a "discretion". It was the most evil, disgusting thing you ever could have done to your husband.

BH: 46
FWW: 44
3 DD: 20,17,11
Married 24 years
PA/EA: 5/08
DDay: 6/08
NC: 8/08
Previous EA 1998 confessed 8/08
In Recovery
M
M
Originally Posted by Justlooking24
[

Until you can admit to yourself the awful, disgusting thing you did to your husband he will never heal. It wasn't just a "discretion". It was the most evil, disgusting thing you ever could have done to your husband.

pstogs, are you listening with an open mind? Because this is exactly how you come across to objective observers. THAT is very probably one of the reasons your H can't drop this. The fact that you minimize it must scare him to death. Taking off and making out with another man WHILE YOUR OWN HUSBAND IS IN THE BUILDING is some amazing chutzpah that, no doubt, scares the hell out of your husband. Fooling around is bad enough, but to do it when you husband is right there is very disrespectful.

I hope you are listening to what we are saying because I don't think you understand how you are coming across.

Exposure 101

S
S
PSTOGS: My FWH once cried out to me: What else can I do? I've done everything you ask, and you still doubt me. My response was: If being a faithful husband is so difficult, then perhaps we shouldn't be married.

The lightbulb went off for him. He realized that being a man of his convictions is ALL that he can do, and all he wanted to do to be the best man, husband and father. And that, long term, if he continues to be this good man, I would heal fully.

I would ask you PSTOGS: Are you doing ALL that you can for him? No love busting? Making plenty of deposits in his love bank?

And, conversely, is he meeting your needs? Yes, it sucks that we BSes have to meet your needs when we're in utter, shattering pain, but if the MB plan is to work, it's got to be done.

The only way you'll heal is to follow the plan.

Me: 47
BH: 48, previously married
Married: Nov. 27, 2004
DDay: Nov. 13, 2010
Kids: stepsons DS17 and DS13
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=35
S
S
Originally Posted by Justlooking24
I started hanging out with some old friends from high school...

trying to recapture my youth I guess.

One night my husband and I went out to a bar with all my old friends

and my old boyfriend from high school was there.

I acted a fool

and went after him...

I guess just to prove I still HAD IT?

We did not have sex but I did sneak off to the back with him.

I was thinking this the whole time I was reading this as well. An "indiscretion?" NOPE. ADULTERY. A PHYSICAL AFFAIR. Not, "only a kiss."

And you are saying, "I only hang out with family." As if you are saying, "Look what I gave up. What about ME?" Resentment is NOT healthy for a marriage, and you are building up a whole lotta resentment. See how silly that is? You are starting to build resentment towards your VICTIM.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
T
T
yes, i have not had any contact with this guy at all. i am so tired of arguing about this....i came on here to get some advice and all i have gotten is the same thing i get from my husband....if i didnt know better i would think you were my husband. thanks.

You want help why not get your bh to post here?

Why not try a MB weekend, home course, phone counseling?

G
G
PSTOGs,

I'll give you a few perspectives I have on what you wrote.

I acted a fool and went after OM... I made a fool of myself and humilated my husband.

Perhaps back then your H did not feel sexually connected to you or H felt a lack of passion in your marriage, perhaps your H always had to persue you or initiate sex.

Your pursuit of OM confirmed for H that it was not you who had the problem with arousal, but it was H inadequacy that was the problem.

Men tend to remember sexual details so if during that time period you did not kiss your H passionately and possibly still do not it can be a huge issue.

I wasnt truthful in the beginning so now anthing.

So for how long did you lie to him.

Did your H ever confront OM or talk with the other mans wife?

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 08/12/11 12:19 PM.
L
L
No friends but your husband and family? I find that hard to believe myself. Do you work? Do you have a facebook page? Chat rooms? Online games?

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
3 D-Days from 12/25/10 to 01/06/11
NC - 01/09/11
02/20/12 done beating my head on that wall.
W
W
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011
I would ask you PSTOGS: Are you doing ALL that you can for him? No love busting? Making plenty of deposits in his love bank?

PST, I'll second this, b/c it was the first thing that I thought of when I read:
I know that. I have tried for years to show him how very sorry I am and that I love him and am committed to the life we have but he just cant get past it. I am well aware that I hurt him deeply. What can i do to show him that?

I have given him my entire life for the past fifteen years. I have my daughters and him. I have no friends that I do anything with outside of our marriage the only person that I do things with is my family. I thought that this devotion would prove to him how very sorry that I am.

What have you done in the last 15 years to eliminate your lovebusting behaviors (LB's) and to try and meet your BH's most important emotional needs (EN's)? Do you know what your LB's are? Do you know what your BH's EN's are? Have you asked him what you can do to demonstrate your remorse and repentance?

I gave my H trickle truth also. He quite rightly doesn't believe much of what I say anymore. While I certainly don't do everything right in my recovery attempts, I've learned enough to know that sometimes if we're doing the things we think we should be doing, it is not what our BH needs us to be doing, capice?

In other words, I have a great need for affection. It's something I'm comforable with expressing. I like hand-holding, cuddling, hugs, little romantic mushy stuff. Affection was not even in the "top 5" EN's for my H. So I'm doing all this romantic stuff, and while it may have made some deposits in his love bank, it wasn't making big ones.

So, if you figure out your H's top 5 ENs, you can target your efforts to meet those, thereby making the largest deposits in his LB$.

Most importantly, Dr. H says that you should be spending UA time together meeting the 5 intimate EN's b/c it is critical that no member of the opposite sex be allowed to meet those ENs. And, it is the fastest way back to falling in love with each other.

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation