Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
L
I agree with ML.

Facebook is not worth it. Regardless of how you "sell" it to him (he can see everything, he has the password).
The fact is: If he asked you to close it, and you didn't - he will use that as a justification for his actions.

Just close it; and show him how an adult addresses issues.

And, I suggest you shut down the "friend" and the "friend of the friend" that you used to send fake texts. That was nothing more than manipulation on your part. Don't play games.

You have every right to request that your husband have MORE boundries than the usual husband. Because he has violated your trust before. His behavior has to change.

M
mnmom Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I did shut it down, it was stupid. I was just trying to show him how it feels because I knew how he would react. It was a really dumb dumb game.
I have already taken facebook off my phone, I have to wait until I get home to completely disable it. I think it is too late anyway.

M
M
Originally Posted by mnmom
I did shut it down, it was stupid. I was just trying to show him how it feels because I knew how he would react. It was a really dumb dumb game.
I have already taken facebook off my phone, I have to wait until I get home to completely disable it. I think it is too late anyway.

mom, people resort to games like this when they are not defending their boundaries. When you start defending your boundaries in a serious way, he will start to take you seriously.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
mnmom Offline OP
OP Offline
M
You are right ML. I have been so scared. I have landed right back in the same spot. I want so badly to make things work I have lost myself, and self respect.

L
L
MNMOM --

I really like Melody's list -- and I think you should give it to him.
Tell him that your marriage is in crisis, and that these requirement should have been in place after his last affair.
Tell him that you do not feel safe, and that you need him to protect you and put your feelings first. Give him the list.

At the same time, you must be prepared to defend these boundries.
Are you ready to leave him if he does not agree?
Start getting your ducks in a row.

Who lives where?
Support $$ amount?
Write a plan B letter.
Think about intermediaries, and who is available.

Clean up your side of the marriage. Good for you on getting rid of facebook. Meet his needs for now, but start getting ready to go dark.

M
mnmom Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have been doing research on plan b to brush up. I am going to do plan A until I get everything ready and organized. I read Scotlands thread (took hours) but she seemed to have a good grasp.

M
M
Mnmom, you can give him your conditions today and if he disagrees, ask him to move out. Then you will have a couple of days to prepare for Plan B. But you need to get him moved out before you go into plan b.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
mnmom Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Does anyone know if "house sharing" works in these situations? Meaning that on his days with the kids, I leave and he stays there and vise versa on his days?

K
K
No, that does not work.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
L
L
mnmon --

No, then he still gets his "fix" of homelife.
And where do you go to when he's having his time?

If its an apartment that you share, have you considered that you then have absolutely no privacy from him? All of your mail and personal items are available to him.

S
S
mnmom,

I know a couple doing this now because the ww demanded it and he gave in thinking it was in the best interest of the children. Sounds good doesn't it? These poor kids are now so confused the only recourse they have is to act out. My heart breaks for them.

seeing this in action I would say no, it doesn't work.

me: bw, 50
he: wh, 51

m: 1990
sep: 2007

dd: 18
ds: 14
dd: 11

multiple affairs: two with past gf's, one email dalliance.
Too many d-days to count. First one 2/06. After all this time, it's still my fault.

I've had enough. Divorce in progress.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation