Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
K
K
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Hi Kirby,

I use a dedicated email account for MB, as I felt it was necessary for my IM during my Plan B. I haven't checked it in ages.

I was afraid that might be the case.

Me: BS 51
Himself: WH 53, EA/PA w/ RunnerSlut his "running buddy."
Buncha' kids. The two youngest are still minors.
Separated: 08/13/09 after 25 years of marriage
Plan D: Filed 11/13/09 Final 3/30/11
MC told me that he probably has a personality disorder
P
P
I
As I have been told more than once, "I'm right where I need to be" at this time. I don't have to like it, but I do have to accept it.

I just read something similar to this the other day. You don't have to like your current situation but you have to continue to trust God through it all.

ETA: This is actually what the quote said: I was able to say, Lord, I don�t understand and I don�t even like this, but God I trust You!

Last edited by prissanna; 01/30/12 06:39 PM.

Me (BS): 41
Ex (lying cheating piece of dirt): 43
Kids: 12 DD, 6 DS
Married 17 years
I filed: 9/25/10
Divorce final: 10/4/11
He remarried: 10/15/11

My current status: Healing a little more every day!
F
OP Offline
F
Actually, I *do* have a small update!

I received an email this afternoon telling me I had gotten a raise at the running store!

(I only work there 10-15 hours a week).

smile

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
Congrats Fred! That means someone is noticing you doing your job well because raises are hard to come by these days!!!

Me (BS): 41
Ex (lying cheating piece of dirt): 43
Kids: 12 DD, 6 DS
Married 17 years
I filed: 9/25/10
Divorce final: 10/4/11
He remarried: 10/15/11

My current status: Healing a little more every day!
K
K
Congrats, Fred!

Me: BS 51
Himself: WH 53, EA/PA w/ RunnerSlut his "running buddy."
Buncha' kids. The two youngest are still minors.
Separated: 08/13/09 after 25 years of marriage
Plan D: Filed 11/13/09 Final 3/30/11
MC told me that he probably has a personality disorder
Kirby #2592293 01/31/12 10:49 AM
K
K
Fred,
It's good to hear an update, and it sounds like your life is going well! I hope you get your leg problems addressed soon, it's hard to have our quality of life curtailed.

AND it's great you got a raise, even if it is your part time job...the recognition means a lot.

Good luck on your move!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
F
OP Offline
F
OK, on to the next (minor) update:

My rental application was approved. Now, I just need confirmation that the bank has accepted the offer on my house. I should hear today or tomorrow...

If and when it comes through, it's likely that I'll have to close and move all on the same day - March 15. Ugh.

Now begins the task of de-cluttering and downsizing.

St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
Love your location ......

Darwin's waiting room

rotflmao

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Love your location ......

Darwin's waiting room

rotflmao
Back at'cha!

"Shrek's Swamp," indeed.

(Why not "Strawberry Fields?")

St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
"Shrek's Swamp," indeed.

Because, at the time, we lived 4 miles from Universal Studios and our DD (then 17) was working at "Shrek's Shack" at Universal. Her very first paying job.

P
P
And, we're both ugly/beautiful green ogres.
loveheart

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
"Shrek's Swamp," indeed.

Because, at the time, we lived 4 miles from Universal Studios and our DD (then 17) was working at "Shrek's Shack" at Universal. Her very first paying job.

Always wondered why you had that as your location!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
F
OP Offline
F
It's been nearly three months since I logged on here. I can hardly believe it! So, I guess an update is in store:

First and foremost, I sold my house! After a couple of false starts I finally managed to bring the bank together with a buyer and I'm now out from under it. Already my credit rating is on the rise again (it rose 52 points in just the past couple of months and is only about 50 points lower than it was before).

I found a pretty nice apartment just four miles from my new office. The hardest part over the past two months has been the unpacking -- it's not easy fitting a five bedroom house into a two bedroom apartment! smile

Work has kept me quite busy. I received clearance to work in some secure locations, but not have had to do so, yet. I work my full-time job weekdays and then frequently work weekends at the running store. Not much time for other pursuits, but right now that's just fine with me; I've decided I don't want the drama and agita of the dating scene just yet.

My daughter has had some health issues and in many ways I ache for her, as her life seems to have stalled a bit. It's not in my power to do anything for her, however, so I just have to watch and wait until she decides to make some changes. It's tough seeing someone young struggling so.

The only negative in my life is the back and leg difficulty I've had for the past couple of years. I need to get off my duff and get medical help for it, as I now have medical insurance and my self-treatment has failed dismally.

A quick scan of the posting names shows some of the folks I've known here are still here, and a one or two earlier posters have re-appeared as well. I can't promise I'll be here often, but as time permits I'll drop in and send y'all a virtual wave...

St. Francis of Assissi
B
B
It's been nearly three months since I logged on here. I can hardly believe it! So, I guess an update is in store:

First and foremost, I sold my house! After a couple of false starts I finally managed to bring the bank together with a buyer and I'm now out from under it. Already my credit rating is on the rise again (it rose 52 points in just the past couple of months and is only about 50 points lower than it was before).

I found a pretty nice apartment just four miles from my new office. The hardest part over the past two months has been the unpacking -- it's not easy fitting a five bedroom house into a two bedroom apartment! smile

Work has kept me quite busy. I received clearance to work in some secure locations, but not have had to do so, yet. I work my full-time job weekdays and then frequently work weekends at the running store. Not much time for other pursuits, but right now that's just fine with me; I've decided I don't want the drama and agita of the dating scene just yet.

My daughter has had some health issues and in many ways I ache for her, as her life seems to have stalled a bit. It's not in my power to do anything for her, however, so I just have to watch and wait until she decides to make some changes. It's tough seeing someone young struggling so.

The only negative in my life is the back and leg difficulty I've had for the past couple of years. I need to get off my duff and get medical help for it, as I now have medical insurance and my self-treatment has failed dismally.

A quick scan of the posting names shows some of the folks I've known here are still here, and a one or two earlier posters have re-appeared as well. I can't promise I'll be here often, but as time permits I'll drop in and send y'all a virtual wave...

Thanks for the update Fred. Your story was one of the stories I followed when I found MB.

Lots of new BS's that could use your help if you're up to it? I know that this place has too many triggers for some and so I understand.

I'm so glad you're doing well. smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

O
O
Fred!!! Great to hear from you. I've wondered about you and thought of you often. I'm glad to hear of your progress.
I agree you have a lot to offer here, so I hope you visit from time to time.

Opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
D
D
Fred!!! So glad you're back. You were one of the ones I was hoping I'd find when I came back. Congrats on selling the house!

"If you will stop feeding your feelings, then they will stop controlling you" -Joyce Meyer
C
C
Grats Fred on all the good things happening for you. Sorry to hear about your DD having health problems.

You continue to be a success story and an inspiration, although like many people who find themselves in such situations that bring us to have to deal with such rough circumstances, you probably would have passed on the opportunity if you saw it up front.

Praying you and yours find yourselves well and prosper. Yes get to the Dr to help you with your legs and back..Keep moving my friend

K
K
Hi Fred, you've been missed! So glad to hear how things are going, that you sold your house, and can soon get the medical treatment you need. I hope your daughter's situation resolves soon as well. Do stop by now and then!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
K
K
Great to hear that you're doing so well. smile

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
F
OP Offline
F
OK, so I promised I'd be here more often, and then went right ahead and faded away again. I'm sorry, folks.

The new job is great but has been a bit demanding. I had set a goal to be useful and productive within six months, and now here it is seven months later and only now am I feeling like I've gotten a grasp on it. But it's a great job, and I'm really enjoying it!

I finally took the leap and made an appointment with a doctor to look at my leg. Truth be told, I've been getting depressed because my life these days has been work (two jobs), meetings and nights at home in front of the TV. Running has been my source of mental and physical health and I miss it (I don't miss The Leopard, though). It somehow feels like my life is stalled. I know, I know, sometimes the most important thing we can do is wait for God. Grrrr...

I note with some amazement that it seems like a lot of past posters are making their way back here. I wonder what's up with that? And why now? Several of these reach back ten years or so. I guess it's the "shared experience" that attracts people back. You know, the "lifeboat survivor" scenario: everyone in the lifeboat has gone through the same experience that bonds them for life. Perhaps MB is like that. I know I sometimes feel that way.

Well, that's enough for me. Time to read on and see what others have been up to. Here's hoping everyone is doing well...

St. Francis of Assissi
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation