Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
The court yesterday afternoon was again just to clarify and define the parenting time until the next hearing. The final RO hearing was adjourned until next Tuesday. Since WW and I, through the lawyers, could not come to acceptable agreement, we went before the judge to help decide on appropriate parenting time. The judge said she was not impressed by my proposal to have my wife take kids alternate weekends and one night per week. She and my lawyer said that seemed that I was using the situation to try to get back at my wife, instead of truly having the best interest of the kids at heart. What we ended up with is that kids go two days with me, then two nights with her, alternating like this until next Tuesday. The judge suggested the possibility if daily parenting time for my wife for a few hours in the evening but this would really disrupt my night time routine with the kids, to have them gone from 5pm to 8pm. Homework and bed time would really be crazy in that situation. The present arrangement can be rearranged at the hearing next week if need be. It was agreed that my son be re-enrolled in school, which I will do today. Pickup and drop off will be done in a pharmacy parking lot down the street, to avoid confrontation at my residence.

My lawyer did bring up to the judge my wife�s violations of the RO (namely coming back to my apartment, and the harassing communications) and my wife was reminded that she must not violate the order. Also, my wife is to be with the children at all times during her parenting time and she is forbidden to have them in the presence of a paramour (namely the OM, but also any other). BTW, I can�t have them around a paramour of mine either, but that is not an issue since I don�t have one.

I
I
Originally Posted by eden13
. She and my lawyer said that seemed that I was using the situation to try to get back at my wife, instead of truly having the best interest of the kids at heart.

Can you get a lawyer who is on your side?!!! How can it be best for them to be so disrupted in the name of her A? You need someone who is willing to stand up for you and the kids.

but that is not an issue since I don’t have one.

Glad to hear it!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

J
J
My lawyer did bring up to the judge my wife�s violations of the RO (namely coming back to my apartment, and the harassing communications) and my wife was reminded that she must not violate the order.

Did your attorney tell you that you can file a petition for contempt of court against your wife for violating the restraining order? If you can do that, I would. I would also keep a record of any additional violations that occur after the petition is filed (but before the contempt hearing occurs). As the hearing date approaches, I would ask my attorney to file an amended petition which includes the additional violations (if there are any).

* I have no legal training, so I'm not sure you can actually do any of that. I'm just thinking your attorney should start playing hardball with her.

J
J
Originally Posted by indiegirl
. She and my lawyer said that seemed that I was using the situation to try to get back at my wife, instead of truly having the best interest of the kids at heart.

Can you get a lawyer who is on your side?!!! How can it be best for them to be so disrupted in the name of her A? You need someone who is willing to stand up for you and the kids.

but that is not an issue since I don’t have one.

Glad to hear it!

They don't care about her affair.
If the shoes were reversed, he would likely have weekend parenting time.
Welcome to the courts, where fathers are discriminated against

M
M
My lawyer did bring up to the judge my wife�s violations of the RO (namely coming back to my apartment, and the harassing communications) and my wife was reminded that she must not violate the order. Also, my wife is to be with the children at all times during her parenting time and she is forbidden to have them in the presence of a paramour (namely the OM, but also any other). BTW, I can�t have them around a paramour of mine either, but that is not an issue since I don�t have one.

Your wife is homelesss and they gave the kids to a homeless person?? What am I missing here??

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
Your WW is homeless AND has an affair partner and an RO...and the courts are STILL allowing visitation/custody?

What am I missing here?

M
M
she is forbidden to have them in the presence of a paramour (namely the OM, but also any other).

laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Jedi: You've posted similar comments on other threads. Why do you keep claiming that the courts are always biased against fathers? The courts granted you full custody of your kids. Correct?

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
They don't care about her affair.
If the shoes were reversed, he would likely have weekend parenting time.
Welcome to the courts, where fathers are discriminated against

Yes they do seem to be preferential to the mother.
At the hearing next week more details of the affair and the assault and the history of domestic violence will come out. The judge we had yesterday is pretty "liberal" in the words of my attorney. I'm not really sure what that means, But both my lawyer and that judge are women, which may have some bearing here. The judge next week is the same man that I had at the previous hearing. He seems a bit more hard-nosed. We'll see.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by helpfordad
Your WW is homeless AND has an affair partner and an RO...and the courts are STILL allowing visitation/custody?

What am I missing here?

I think child protective has been to the house where she is staying, a well kept single family house where apparently the kids have their own bedroom. I have visited and spent the night at that house on several occasions in the past. I'm not trying to downplay my case here but it is not a slum. I did bring up my concern about the girlfriend who's house it is and her issues with depression and medication. They said she's just on Zoloft but I have no way to prove otherwise other than descriptions of incidents my wife gave me in the past.

M
M
So she lives with a girlfriend? Is that TRUE?

Exposure 101

H
H
...ok, so your WW has an affair partner, a RO, and no permanent residence of her own?

You (and your lawyer) need to be bulldogs here...seems like too little fight for all that you have going in your corner...

J
J
Originally Posted by helpfordad

What am I missing here?

I think child protective has been to the house where she is staying, a well kept single family house where apparently the kids have their own bedroom. I have visited and spent the night at that house on several occasions in the past. I'm not trying to downplay my case here but it is not a slum. I did bring up my concern about the girlfriend who's house it is and her issues with depression and medication. They said she's just on Zoloft but I have no way to prove otherwise other than descriptions of incidents my wife gave me in the past.

You can go to the local police department records division and have a Records Request for Address calls. Pull all police calls to that house address.
There is a minimal charge, usually under $5

J
J
If you know the occupants date of birth you can also request a Background Check/ RAP sheet on this individual from the Records Div ision

J
J
Originally Posted by JessicaClaire
Jedi: You've posted similar comments on other threads. Why do you keep claiming that the courts are always biased against fathers? The courts granted you full custody of your kids. Correct?

I feel the courts are biased.
In my case my wife was exposing the kids to a convicted drug addict and attempted child murderer and I went to an emergency custody hearing and the judge dismissed my complaints.

I think fathers need to fight extra hard to protect their kids

M
M
The courts are generally very biased against men. It is much more common now for men to win custody of their children. They have to be willing to fight, though. The biggest mistake I see is when men conclude that "women always win" and don't fight. We have had some amazing wins on this board over the years for men. JediKnight is one of those successes.

Exposure 101

N
N
i agree with the previous comments, seems like you and your attorney are taking a back seat.
So much more could be done.
The least of which should be a contempt complaint, you and your attorney will have to file it, the judge isnt going to do anything unless you file it

Side note- fact is some jurisdictions are heavily biased towards women- the joke with attorneys in family court in Nebraska is "every day is mothers day"

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
So she lives with a girlfriend? Is that TRUE?

Girlfriend in the sense that is a female friend she has had since high school.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
She has told me all through this that she did not want to move in with OM even though he offered. I don't know if that was an option for her now anyway since I exposed to OM father and he lives in an apartment in his parents' house. But after all this she may be looking to move in with him in our town. She said she is looking to rent an apartment in town and I don't know how she could afford it even if she were to get custody of kids and child support from me since our combined income was barely enough to afford the apartment we were in before we were separated by the RO.

J
J
I would ignore what she says she's not thinking clearly and that's what being in the fog means: irrational thinking

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation