Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2771321 12/17/13 10:17 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I started to do an investigation into my WW call log and noticed that the most recent call log for her is not recording data. Should I assume she has found a way to bypass this? She found out I was checking the call logs a couple of days ago and the last incoming call it shows on her usage was Sunday... that can't be right because I know I texted her and facetimed her yesterday and I know others have texted her. Any other apps out their that she could possibly use.

We are currently separated, her choice and she is staying with her parents and I can't access the Iphone without her being around.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

For jealousy arouses a husband's fury, and he will show no mercy
S
S
I bumped a thread called Hidden Apps for you. I don't understand any of this because I do not use a smartphone, but I hope that thread will answer your questions. If I find another I'll bump that too.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
F
F
Originally Posted by ChristianSamuari
I started to do an investigation into my WW call log and noticed that the most recent call log for her is not recording data. Should I assume she has found a way to bypass this? She found out I was checking the call logs a couple of days ago and the last incoming call it shows on her usage was Sunday... that can't be right because I know I texted her and facetimed her yesterday and I know others have texted her. Any other apps out their that she could possibly use.

We are currently separated, her choice and she is staying with her parents and I can't access the Iphone without her being around.

Is it possible she is simply using iMessage? Texts sent that way will not show up on the phone bill. I believ Facetime is all data as well, so that won't show up as a call as far as I know. Assuming you have an iPhone as well, texts sent via iMessage will show up with a blue background instead of green.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
C
OP Offline
C
But shouldn't that show up in on the Call log or billing information?

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

C
OP Offline
C
I think I am going to try and install this app on her phone:
http://www.teensafe.com/

I am not sure when though...

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

F
F
Originally Posted by ChristianSamuari
But shouldn't that show up in on the Call log or billing information?

No, it will just show as data and will be lumped in with all other data on the bill including web browsing, app updates, email, etc.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
L
L
I agree that she is probably using iMessage. I don't think there is a way to bypass call logs. Only voice calls and SMS text messages will show up on the call logs.
iMessage and Facetime don't show up as texts or calls because they use WiFi or Data to make the connection.

I don't have experience with spyware or if it can track iMessage or Facetime.

BW (me)-31
WH - 33
M - 5 years
DD 3 years old
EA/PA - 5/2013
D-day - 6/29/2013. He refused NC.
I moved out with DD 9/2013.
Sold our home and made divorce arrangements.
Plan B - 12/8/2013
FR - 1/2014-3/2014
Divorced 4/2014
B
B
I don't know personally, but isn't there a way to shut iMessage off? I remember ages ago when I first got an iPhone, it asked me if I wanted to use iMessage, so there must be a way to shut it off? Can you test it on your phone and then shut it off on her phone when you can get your hands on it?

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
L
L
Yes, iMessage can be turned off in Settings. His WW would know though because her message bubbles would be green instead of blue.

BW (me)-31
WH - 33
M - 5 years
DD 3 years old
EA/PA - 5/2013
D-day - 6/29/2013. He refused NC.
I moved out with DD 9/2013.
Sold our home and made divorce arrangements.
Plan B - 12/8/2013
FR - 1/2014-3/2014
Divorced 4/2014
B
B
Originally Posted by LifeIsBetter
His WW would know though because her message bubbles would be green instead of blue.
Good point!

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation