Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 68 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 67 68
P
OP Offline
P
Yep. The proof of service has not been submitted yet, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been served.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
P
OP Offline
P
Ugh.. I love my IM, but she misses the mark sometimes.

He sent over a message that said that he will open an IRA to reduce the tax liability and that he "expects me to pay the rest if the liability falls under 50% of what it was before the IRA.

She really should not have sent that over. I truly, truly hate this man. It's not even about the money, but what's the point in being a jerk about EVERYTHING. I don't respond to threats and will not be dignifying anything he says with a response at all.

P
OP Offline
P
He was just served outside my house after he dropped off my daughter.

The process server called and said that he had done it and he didn't resist or anything. He said WH said that "he was definitely going to do it anyway." Really? He has had the last three months and he hasn't. I am pretty sure that it was an empty threat, but it still stung to hear that.

N
N
No, he wasn't. He was still trying to get you to do the post nup.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
Well, he was threatening to file if I didn't capitulate to his demand to remove posts of OW.

But yeah, the threats were from a place of weakness. He could have filed when he first saw the posts in January.

I'm still super sad all of a sudden.

Last edited by PigletWiglet; 04/14/15 03:35 PM.

G
G
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
Ugh.. I love my IM, but she misses the mark sometimes.

He sent over a message that said that he will open an IRA to reduce the tax liability and that he "expects me to pay the rest if the liability falls under 50% of what it was before the IRA.

She really should not have sent that over. I truly, truly hate this man. It's not even about the money, but what's the point in being a jerk about EVERYTHING. I don't respond to threats and will not be dignifying anything he says with a response at all.

Oh honey. I struggle with this feeling every day. I think it's part of how they act being wayward and the reason a dark plan b is so important. Any contact during this time just eats away at the BS until there's nothing left.

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
P
OP Offline
P
Yeah. He actually backed off this, which is good. I'm sad and tired. Going to a friend's house. It's hard to want someone to fight for you who just won't.

W
W
Im sorry honey. *hugs*

BW-27
FWH-31
DS-6
Married several years
D-Day- 11/22/13
Plan A+Exposure
NC+Beginning of Recovery-04/2014

In Recovery and happier and more in love than ever
G
G
Going to a friend's house is a really good idea.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
N
N
Well, he was threatening to file if I didn't capitulate to his demand to remove posts of OW.

But yeah, the threats were from a place of weakness. He could have filed when he first saw the posts in January.

I'm still super sad all of a sudden.

Don't be sad. You're an inspiration. I'm very impressed with how you've handled all this.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks. I don't feel very inspirational. Whenever there is a big milestone of separation, I tend to feel like I did something to deserve this and "if I had just done xyz differently..."

G
G
Thanks. I don't feel very inspirational. Whenever there is a big milestone of separation, I tend to feel like I did something to deserve this and "if I had just done xyz differently..."

Oh boy do I ever get this. I have to keep telling myself that even if I did something wrong, that one thing was not the cause of all this mess.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
A
A
Originally Posted by jkwpurple

x100

I was having a rough night with things on Sunday after our evening service and called up a friend from church to hang out and vent a bit. Made all the difference in the world.

It's easy to feel like you're imposing on someone to ask to drop by (I did) but people around you know this is a terrible thing to go through, they will understand. smile

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
A
A
I never really struggle with feeling like I deserve it so much as thinking about things I could have done to prevent it from happening.

You don't deserve this, PW. Nobody does. There is no justification for it.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
P
OP Offline
P
I think about prevention a lot too and how we had had a rough few months prior to the affair with his dad dying, a move and job changes. It was a lot and it was stressful, but I was actually making a concerted effort to connect more with him and he just wasn't having it (because he was trying to connect with someone else, of course).

Before our daughter was born, I traveled a lot for work. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. I was gone for like 4 weeks at a time internationally and he never did anything remotely like this (and I know for sure just by the way he treated me). I guess, I'll just never understand it. After I made an active decision to leave my super cool international job for us and have a kid and be more invested in everything, he bailed.

Anyway, I know a lot better now about everything and I can't change the past, I can only move ahead with what's best for the future.

G
G
Originally Posted by axslinger85
Originally Posted by jkwpurple

x100

I was having a rough night with things on Sunday after our evening service and called up a friend from church to hang out and vent a bit. Made all the difference in the world.

It's easy to feel like you're imposing on someone to ask to drop by (I did) but people around you know this is a terrible thing to go through, they will understand. smile

And I have found that the people who care about you really want to DO something to help you. I think some people are relieved when you call on them for support because otherwise they just worry about you.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
G
Originally Posted by axslinger85
I never really struggle with feeling like I deserve it so much as thinking about things I could have done to prevent it from happening.

You don't deserve this, PW. Nobody does. There is no justification for it.

This. So hard to internalize it, but I know it's true.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
I
I
People who have been betrayed and are now not having any needs met know exactly how easy it is to avoid adultery because if THEY aren't doing it, anybody can avoid it.

If poor marriages caused affairs, no betrayed spouse would escape one.

It is NOT your fault - you are LIVING proof.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

N
N
Originally Posted by indiegirl
People who have been betrayed and are now not having any needs met know exactly how easy it is to avoid adultery because if THEY aren't doing it, anybody can avoid it.

Wow. I've never heard it put that way before. Thank you, indiegirl. I've had it way worse in these past 11 months than my WW ever had it, and I haven't so much as looked at another woman.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by nmwb77
Originally Posted by indiegirl

Wow. I've never heard it put that way before. Thank you, indiegirl. I've had it way worse in these past 11 months than my WW ever had it, and I haven't so much as looked at another woman.

Yes! And I have been approached several times since I don't wear a wedding ring anymore. I have even been approached when I was with my kid. When I was still in Oakland, a neighbor of mine was super interested even though I was a mess (perhaps because if it. Glad I stayed away from him).

Well put Indie.

Page 54 of 68 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation